Operation Piranha Dodger - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Operation Piranha Dodger

Hey! a little late adding this to the forum. Dudley and I decided to go ahead and fly to TNCB while the rest of the team decided to stay at SVJC in order to give some TLC to their planes. Actually, I drew the short straw and meaning that Dudley and I were fly over there to make sure things are safe. But alas, it was OK and Willy and Moses flew over yesterday. All is OK.

We went on to SVLO. Had some aircraft issues, so I'm back in the Avia. Should have stuck with it to begin with.

If you look up desert island in the dictionary, this is one they'll have a picture of.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-jun-6-002.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hey there! Finally got me camera working! But for how long who knows. The picture was taken as we passed some flat island, and I mean flat, on our way to SVLO. Shuck, this little island has a runway of 10,499 feet long! See you all next time.

Coastal Venezuela. We will be headed inland from here.

Also, downsized to something more suited for rivers and jungle areas.

http://

Hello,
    well the bloody camera quit again, so no picture. The camera works just great when not flying in Multi player, have no idea why!

One hundred forty miles up the Orinoco. The spiritual home of the Grumman Duck!

Further inland along the Caroni River and the Guri Reservoir with the Venezuela highlands in the distance.

Hey there folks,

Back again, well we evidently had some navigation problems on the last flight missed the dam and ended up a few miles away. Hehe, landed in an lake and as thing would have on landing we hit some submerge log. After inspecting the damage and we decide to fly over to the airport for repairs. Fired up the old engines and away we went, just a little heavier than when we landed due to the water that we ingested.

The folks at the airport really gave us a hand in repairing the problem. A big thanks to them. Here are some picture we took at SVCB

well we evidently had some navigation problems on the last flight missed the dam and ended up a few miles away.
    So, to get this straight in my pea-brain: You had a dam miss and ended up in the dam lake?

I'm sorry, those dam jokes are just soooo dam easy. I can never resist the dam things...

SEE??? Once I get started...

Stop me before I pun again!!!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Sorry! we landed on a lake a long way from the dam lake. hehe. My Bad, I guess.

Howdy all,

I know Moses uploaded pictures of Angel Falls, but here are some that Dudley and I took also. After these pictures were taken the fun began, we were to fly to SVET but this old boy headed for the airport and the rest of Flight 19 went to some bay somewhere. Well now, I have no idea where this here bay is, so we flew around for awhile trying to fine this her bay. Well, Flight 19 felt sorry for us and gave me the correct heading, and a lot of funny conversation concerning my screw up. Hehe all ended up well. Dudley and I will never live down our miss directions LOL.

Anchored at the mouth of the Demerara River, Guyana.

We flew into Zorg en Hoop, in the dark and landed at the unlit airfield. I stalled it out about a dozen feet off the ground, but apparently didn't bend anything serious.

Somewhere's enroute as the sun set

And we were talking about survival kits. Here's part of the one in the back of the Beech.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-jun-17-006.jpg   Flt 19-2017-jun-17-003.jpg  

Howdy Folks,

Well, here we go. The darn camera started to work and I have no idea why! So Folks, if it keep working I am going to take many a picture. hehe. It was a very nice flight from SYCJ to SMZO. I took off from Georgetown from there, from where I had some repairs done to the old PBY, and then we flew up to where the rest of the flight was parked at the mouth of the local river. After landing and was getting ready for take off I screwed up with a rookie mistake couldn't get the engines to fire up, But after a hardy laugh from Dudley I seen my mistake and finally got them started. The flight had a fair jump ahead of me but they slow down in order for me to catch up, but somewhere along the line I got ahead of them by a few miles, sure in the heck can't figure out how I passed them. Hehe all worked out OK I just landed at SMZO a few minutes before them.

Darned if I know where we're at. But I do think they're speaking French.

Headed for our landing spot next to the town
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-jun-18-002.jpg  

Well here we are again, a real nice flight from SMZO to SOCA, all I can say is that we are somewhere in South America! Hehe the runway at SMZO was around 2200 feet and you either flew out over the building at one end of the runway or the other end some very big tree. We all made it in and out without to many problems. I believe most of us reduced our fuel loads for take off. The camera is still working which is a big surprise to Dudley and me. So, we will see you all later.

Hi there again, Hey, the whole gang, with the exception of one, who we really miss, and hope he gets well soon, got together and flew into brazil (SNCC), and the good news, that was passed on, is that we are going to land in a river that has small fishie with big teeth (Piranha) that just about made my day. Any way, we had a change and we landed just north of SNCC in an inlet or bay on the coast, but I still ain't going to wash me feet in the water. Hehe. lol, got me beer and fishing pole and am going fishing. Are you kidding!

A moment of reflection while peacefully resting in a small inlet at dusk while the others go fishing.

Amazing how alive the jungle is with all the noises coming from it...

Hey there,

Had a bad start for last nights flight. Willy and I were planning out our take off route when No 1 engine on our PBY started really acting up, unable to even get taxi speed out of it. So we shut down for the day, and Dudley and I got into trying to find out what the heck went wrong. After most of the day trying get the bloody thing going we found a very small part, at last, on the fuel system causing the problem. We are going to stay one more night on this here fishiest river with fish who would try to eat us. lol

We will be off soon, so will see you again

There I was anchored out in the water drinking a cold one watching Taco muck about with his engine and something big bumped the hell out of my float. Nope, not going back in that water until take off time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-jun-23-001.jpg  

Rob put us down in the mouth of the Amazon, right on the equator. Note the Lat location in the photo. (There is even a water tile line to confirm).

Hey there!

As you more likely noticed from the pervious post that we are some where on the equator in the middle of the amazon river. Something like the North and South are the same, I believe. Up loaded a couple of pictures, one showing where we left from near SNCC, and showing we are on our way to SBMQ, wherever that is. The other picture shows a "Cat" chasing a "Duck" Hehe. See you all later!

A few shots from tonight's flight down the Amazon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-jun-24-001.jpg   Flt 19-2017-jun-24-003.jpg   Flt 19-2017-jun-24-006.jpg  

Here I is again,

A very nice flight from SBMQ to SNWR some where in Brazil, and your guess would be a good as mine. Just kidding I know where we are some where, hehe, in South America. Instead of landing in the local pond as we usually do, we decide to use the runway for a change. It would give a good chance to do some TLC on the aircraft, and believe me, I know the CAT needed some! See you all next time

Members who have read this thread: 0