Messerschmitt Jet Projects: 1110 & 1112 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Messerschmitt Jet Projects: 1110 & 1112

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Man!! You do great work! You work fast! A excellent project. I hope it gets the same attention as the Me-163 did. Regards,Scott

Hello dear friends. I was truly excited with this topic.
    Boreks, hopping this might help here you have some technical data:

Power plant: one heinkel HeS 01A0 2865 lb static thrust ( although i´m not sure ) the same of that of the TA 153

Dimensions:

span: 8,26 m
    Sweep: 40 º at 0.25
    wing area 19.0 m 2
    length overall: 9.24 m
    heihgt: 2.84 m

Weights: 2,290 kg empty; 4.763 kg with 1900 lits of fuel provision ( total increase 2400 liters)
    Max wing loading : 246 kg/m 2

Theoretical performance: 620 mph plus ( 1000 km/h )
    range : two hours at 23.000 ft
    Armament : 4 mk 108 s 2 in each side of the fuselage plus 2 mk 103 s : eventually one 55 mm mk112 offset in lower forward fuselage area.

Luft 46 is always a fascinating subject. another of my favorites is the Dornier P252/1 night fighter Jumo 213 engined.

Cheers all

glad you like it at this early stage, guys

thanks for the datasheet, the dimensions differs slightly from what Ive used and it was a compromise because it proportionally didnt fit with the found blueprints

ok, lets put a first ingame shot.

[/quote]

Yummy! can't wait to see it on my screen

I think it is very possible, mate, there is no problem to share any of my work in progress stuff with you - in case you would like to do some screenshots for us

ok, Ive rescaled the model relating to the new dimension values, which allows to put there the CFS3 pilot figure better now. it seamed to me like a too small aircraft before... also instead of the CFS3 Hs 132 add-on file set template I would use the stock P-80 jet settings now.

next, as mentioned, the virtual cockpit could be the stock Me 262 for the initial version, but as the single engined airplane would be better to use the stock Vampire cockpit rather, I suppose. the Vampire gauges can be repainted on the german dials - as I did it with P-80 cpit source for the MiG-15 (english gauges to the russian ones).

Blog Entries
    Glad to have you back ! You've been sorely missed. Just love this Luft'46 stuff. Great looking aircraft. Glad the war ended when it did and the Germans could not get the materials and pilots needed to bring these aircraft to fruition or we would be in trouble.

As long my laptop can handle it..there's always screenshots for your plane mate !

ok, I did now a few tests with the CFS3 stock Me 262 virtual cockpit and the needed P.1112 gmax main external node pivot adaptation, to match the vc/aircraft position.
    could work, I suppose. of course, the second engine dials are inactive, but hell, who cares

thanks

the current stage is the the P.1112 got a few new polygonal changes, mainly the wing shape is now directly extruded from the fusselage side vertices. this is a recommended modellers rule, but our model is not any highpoly so originaly I didnt wanted to bother with this. but the airplane project drawings presenting the landing gear bay/doors for rear wheels slightly problematic to do it if I should keep the intitial simple model solution (the intitial simple model presented at this thread lacks a working landing gear sofar).

well, the new solution is done, but not retextured yet and needs to be animated for game. shame I have one evening only to work on it, tomorrow starts my short family vacancy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the work you have done so far. This is going to be great. Enjoy your family time. Well deserved. Just glad to have you back. You have done so much so far! Regards,Scott

thanks, mate

ok, did the re uv-mapping of the improved model wing. it would need a better texture paint, anyway a few new pics at least.

Last edited by BorekS; July 3rd, 2018 at 15:05.

Guys, if you look the first post of this thread and check the design of P.1110/I, you can see the aircraft shape is easy polygonally redoable from what we currently did as the the P.1112

Blog Entries
    Hope you get the help needed to finish this project. I'm sure the flight modeling is very different that of the Me-262. Very interesting and it looks fantastic to boot. Thanks BorekS !! Regards,Scott

To be honest I dont believe this birdy and many other of my CFS3 projects would get now, soon or ever in future any bigger attention, except the Blitz, but I could be wrong.

I am taking the P.1112 as a single engined jet which could fly good enough with the stock P.80 Shooting Star physics. The Me-262 cockpit is chosen just because it seems is the most closest design to what german engineers started to build up as a wooden P.1112 cockpit mockup.

Ive tried the DH Vampire stock CFS3 cockpit to use, its single engine jet, but it does not look good with the brittish gauges and circled joystick item, when used as some german airplane.

Anyway, this airplane is the hot CFS3 Beta Warbird download section addept.

sweet! haven't been here for ages, and i come back to this (on my birthday no less)! awesome work BorekS, good to see this bird in game

hi mate, welcome back

well, I would have yet another gift for you:

based one this image source: http://www.luft46.com/duart/du1110.jpg

Blog Entries
    Man!!! You are a master at this !!!

well, its a rare preview of the Me P.1110 with ugly texture, still, as I said, its was relativelly easy to rebuild it from the P.1112 source, so I did it today

ok, a one early ingame shot attached.

Nice, such a modern concept for it's time frame, amazing when you think of it!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Blog Entries
    With further wind tunnel tests i'm sure the jet inlets would be changed for better air flow. What do you think ? Needed for high speed and a lot of wood was to be used in construction so that would limit overall speed too .Germany was in high need for materials at this point in the war but if the Eastern Front would have turned in Germany's favor who knows what would happen.

it just looks like a decent 50s, even a lot more younger jet design, well, except the intakes

ok, did some better texture for the P.1110.

Last edited by BorekS; July 10th, 2018 at 06:53.

ok, did some better texture for the P.1112 aswell.

Blog Entries
    Looking FANTASTIC !!! Great job,as usual. Regards,Scott

thank you, Scott

the latestly uploaded images presents the P.1110 and P.1112 with re-uvmapped texture in fact, made from new skin templates, currently 2048x2048. it actually pushed this two small airplane projects forwards, more then then my Henschel Hs 132 dive bomber, for example.

currently this two Messerschmitt fighter projects lacks a working landing gear and wing moving parts. doe the stock CFS3 Me 262 repainted virtual cockpit (VC) clone usage is the main gmax airplane center node (pivot axis) pushed forwards, to match the rest of airplane parts vs the VC. it is a same solution as my released MiG-15 Fagot. it causes the ingame outside camera center view of rotation is not exact same center of the aircraft model, but anything else is tweakable at the aircraft.cfg (weight / ballance, contact points). my aircraft.cfg usual work is just to let easy sit the model on the ground, when laoded into game. so the rest is open for tweaking, if anybody would like to bother with it.

Members who have read this thread: 0