Laborie CL-215 Released

Thread: Laborie CL-215 Released

Laborie CL-215 Released

Haven't seen this one mentioned here yet. Released a couple days ago!

http://secure.simmarket.com/rlaborie...-fsx-p3d.phtml

You will never forget if you've seen them in action, they are just great airplanes! I'm happy we have one option in sim, but this one is not for eye-candy-seekers!

Knowing the Dev's coding quality I'm certain it will be pretty deep systems wise and seeing the screens, it looks very nice.

I used to see Cl-215's when our State Forestry Service had them and I refueled a few back in the day. Nice aircraft IMO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ha ha - they used the C-206 flight dynamics. Flys like a Cessna? No thanks.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

How was this determination made? Assuming you purchased the model and the air file or a readme says it's using Cessna 206 dynamics?

I thought this dev's models were more highly regarded but it seems the crowd here isn't really interested, which is surprising considering the subject aircraft in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by napamule View Post
    Ha ha - they used the C-206 flight dynamics. Flys like a Cessna? No thanks.
    Chuck B
    Napamule

Unless you are comparie the two airfiles side by side and they are identical, there could be a hundred changes that were made to the CL-215's airfile using the C-206 as a base file. Those changes might not be obvious to the casual observer. However, if the new product is using one of MS's original air files (and that is a big "if'), it might be construed as copy write infringement. Without owning the product that is speculation on my part.

To be honest, with a straight wing like that the CL-215 would not be all that dissimilar to a C206 in general lift performance and as I've heard, the 215's are fairly easy to handle in most regimes of flight. Of course the thrust, drag, & weight variables are different.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I bought it in a "what the heck", moment, and I can't say I can complain. To be fair though I have never flown in a real CL-215, (or CL-215T/415 for that matter), so not much to compare it to.
    It's a fairly bulky/heavy twin engine prop, with a flap system like a couple of barn doors, so appears to have the expected STOL characteristics for an aircraft designed to do what it does.

Actually kind of fun to fly, and paired with Firefighter X, was actually able to put out a grass fire! (which was fun in itself).

Was a good purchase, at least from my perspective...

Bill

Any feedback on the systems? How deep are they modelled? Is a failure/damage mod included? Is it possible to wreck an engine?
    I am much tempted by this plane, so I'd appreciate any insight!
    Thanks buddies (it is a Canadian plane, isn't it?)

@Kekelekou. It is really difficult to say. I just did a quick takeoff and landing. Flight behavior is quite nice. You can start engines manually - this seems to be realistic to me (but I am not a CL-215 expert), also auto-start. No type-specific hydraulic or pressurization system inside. But all I tried out is working fine for me. Donīt expect highly detailed systems - prize/and what you get - is quite well.

Makes fun to fly - a fair purchase for me.

Thomas

Icon26

Agree. Not super-detailed, system-wise, but enough so for most users. Good for what is important, diving at lakes, scooping water and then dumping same-said water where it can do the most good - on a fire.

Yes, I believe it is Canadian, so would be proper to say "Good day, aye?"

Bill

Canadians would not say that.Aussies would.
    We Canucks would say Hi,eh.

Anthin...Go Leafs.

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    Canadians would not say that.Aussies would.
    We Canucks would say Hi,eh.

Anthin...Go Leafs.
    Workin' with a die hard group Leafs fans like I do(from Toronto, nonetheless) in the office, they all seem say "Good daye, aye" (or "Eh"), as opposed to "Ga-daye" - like the guy from Fremantle AU in our office (he like Aussie-rules football, so we think he's a little nuts, anyhow).
    They all say "a-boot", as opposed to "about" also... Heck, to take it even further, they seem to like Molson too.....

Being from the Cheese state, I tend to gravitate to the 'Hawks when speaking NHL, myself.

Bill

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    A whole lot off topic, but..
    i was in Australia for three months and got addicted to Australian rules football. lots of scoring, lots of action, lots of fun.

loved Friday Night footie on the tele.

Members who have read this thread: 0