Laird Super Solution for FSX...of a certain quality

Thread: Laird Super Solution for FSX...of a certain quality

Laird Super Solution for FSX...of a certain quality

I would pay good money for an FSX version of this lil hotrod
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Blog Entries
    That is a very, very nice airplane. Coincidentally, I have quite a bit of data on that one...three views, cockpit photos...other bits too.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I'm glad to finally see some others sharing my same point of view. Although I wouldn't want to tackle this one myself, I've been hankering for a few years now to see a developer (like Alabeo) produce a model of the aircraft (to me, this one would be a great candidate for having the same type of materials/look as the Alabeo aircraft, like their Gee Bee Z (i.e., the same type of fresnel ramp/specular/envmap style look) - of course other developers could get the same results if they wished).

I thought Alabeo would make the Laird and the Hall Bulldog after the GeeBee..
    it just seemed a natural direction to take.
    In fact, there is a whole trove of Golden Age racers they could have mined and minted.
    GAS has looked in with their Mystery Ship..which is a fine model, but the Laird Super Solution
    is to me, the most elegant weapon of
    a
    more civilized

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    That is a very, very nice airplane. Coincidentally, I have quite a bit of data on that one...three views, cockpit photos...other bits too.
    Now THIS is the best news I've heard in along long time...a long time
    enter..the Sandman

Scrub produced a 'Super Solution' for FS9 some time ago.
    Adequate if one were desperate and IIRC he ported it over to FSX but I'd have to check.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yeah...no.
    while it is a much better model than I could produce, it is not very accurate to the prototype and too outdated
    in technique to be of use..
    enter..the Sandman

the Wedell-Williams 44 would be another

most notable in these clothes..
    enter..the Sandman

Looks nice but check SOH also :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...on-repaint-zip

btw. the cover is interesting, LOL:

Can't imagine the feeling of pilot to front view. Something like in Spirit of St.Lewis or worse :-).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

actually the pilot would have a great unobstructed forward and overhead view with his eyepoint just above the upper wing..the cutouts to either side in both the cockpit door coaming and windscreen allow for the pilot to peer out to either side on takeoff and landing approach..
    I can imagine a toggle view being used to access those views quickly as needed
    enter..the Sandman

the landing gear stance on the old FS9 model are just...wrong and the cockpit is...also incorrect at best.
    enter..the Sandman

We covered a few of these planes in our 1930's racing package.

lots of good reference material in here...and a Mystery Ship replica too

http://supersolutionproject.blogspot.com/
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    We covered a few of these planes in our 1930's racing package.

I am embarrassed to say I have somehow lost my Travel Air Mystery Ship pack!! I have searched every disk, drive, folder and my email archives...nada.

I don't even know why it isn't in my FSX aircraft folder where it BELONGS.

talk about a Mystery.

where's me wallet
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 1