Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Err.. is it just me or is there no glass in the SP version?

Running FSXA DX9

ATB
    DaveB
    Hi Dave,

I've got glass. Did you uninstall the previous version?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Baz,

I don't have a "water ballast" event to assign the turtle deck to?
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Dave,

I've got glass. Did you uninstall the previous version?
    Yes mate.. uninstalled and deleted. I've checked add/remove programs in case I installed the wrong version but it says FSX v1.1. Had a look at one of JK's repaints (Essex) and thought I couldn't see any glass reflection so tried a default paint and there's definitely no glass. D/L from JF

ATB
    DaveB

Baz,

I don't have a "water ballast" event to assign the turtle deck to?
    Try "Ballast valve" (open/close)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Here ya go Rog..

Doesn't look like there's any glass there to me. The second shot also shows another phenomena.. blue flames coming from the exhausts with the engine off (just loaded). It goes out when the engine starts. Saw this with v1 too.
    ATB
    DaveB

Here ya go Rog..

Doesn't look like there's any glass there to me. The second shot also shows another phenomena.. blue flames coming from the exhausts with the engine off (just loaded). It goes out when the engine starts. Saw this with v1 too.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Oh dear! I run Dx10 and in Dx10 the glass looks fine.
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Try "Ballast valve" (open/close)
    Thanks dvj
    SYSTEM :

Yes mate.. uninstalled and deleted. I've checked add/remove programs in case I installed the wrong version but it says FSX v1.1. Had a look at one of JK's repaints (Essex) and thought I couldn't see any glass reflection so tried a default paint and there's definitely no glass. D/L from JF

ATB
    DaveB
    No glass here either in v1.1. FSX-A DX9.
    Uninstalled both versions from Windows Control Panel.
    Reinstalled v1.0 for fun and no glass there either- embarrassed to say I don't remember if it had glass from the original download/install from AH...

Yup.. I thought I'd deleted v1 but I still had the extracted copy so I uninstalled v1.1 via add/remove programs and tried v1 again.. still no glass. I thought I'd seen glass in it before but looking at a screenshot I took of v1, I can't really see glass on that one either. Odd.. very odd. There must be a simple answer.

ATB
    DaveB

The glass is configured to work with alpha effects elsewhere on the model. You'll need to run with DX10 preview turned on. The flames are probably a result of saving a previous flight or after using cntrl/e.

What about glass effects for FSXA DX9?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

To get the other effects would probably need another set of models. We have chosen to build for DX10 and P3D as we believe most people, with the advanced add-ons, especially in scenery, are using DX10. All that is required is to turn on the preview before flying.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    To get the other effects would probably need another set of models. We have chosen to build for DX10 and P3D as we believe most people, with the advanced add-ons, especially in scenery, are using DX10. All that is required is to turn on the preview before flying.
    This is not a deal killer and I likely would not have noticed without someone mentioning it. I tried DX10 once, and decided to stick with DX9. Nothing was said on the website or in the manual of this feature. Personally, I have difficulty accepting having to change FSX parameters just for one aircraft, but that is my opinion. I do like the Helldiver and will try DX10 at your recommendation, so we'll see....
    -- WH

Well, it's been the same since we launched version 1. A note to our help desk often is a good idea.

I have DX10 fixer, but I don't use it. Idon't like the flickering it causes on some scenery and some models. Apart from that: I think that most people stil use DX9.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Ok boys... I run the help desk. Some of the people on this forum and others are having trouble with online purchases. In particular updates and upgrades. ( and yes I will add this post to the FAQ's ). If you are interested if an upgrade/update is free or if you're going to receive a notification of the upgrade then please read on. If not then I am sure it is beer o'clock somewhere in the world

For those that dont like reading look at the TL;DR.

- If you buy from a store ( AH or others ) then your order is processed and you are in the database as a customer .
    - If you used a legitimate or real email address then this email address is used along with your name to recognise you as a purchaser.
    - When/if we (AH) release an update/upgrade or discount for previous purchasers then we upload the files to our vendors and our store.
    - The vendors are notified at THE SAME TIME as the customers of AH. Which is immediately the file is safely stored and tested for corruption.
    - For you to receive notifications of your free update ( emails from AH have a big fat green download button in the actual email !! ) you need to allow the stores (AH or others ) emails to get through any anti-spam/junk filters.
    - If you hear about an upgrade through facebook or other means and think you havent been notified ( especially those AH customers who are notified immediately ) please check your junk email folders.

You wont ever be required to pay for updates/patches or service packs from AH ( see the b17 G for example ). Please dont buy another product then ask for a refund afterwards. It actually costs us to refund a product. Not a lot but it can be significant if it happens enough times.

TL;DR
    Dont rebuy a product and ask for a refund afterwards to get an upgrade. Your information can be resent and actually was sent. Check your email spam/junk folders. Our FAq has most of this info and it will be added to in a moment. Drink beer.

I've noticed a bug on the front page of AH. So that is what I am fixing ( hopefully ).
    i bought right off your page.ive still not seen an update email,shall i just remain patient? or what?..and yes its now in my email spam/junk folder....just asking

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I have DX10 fixer, but I don't use it. Idon't like the flickering it causes on some scenery and some models. Apart from that: I think that most people stil use DX9.

Cees
    I can't find DX10 fixer anywhere. Apparently its been withdrawn from sale? Anyways, I gave it a try (DX10) and the scenery looked horrible. Too many parameters to change, and that's without the recommended DX10 fixer. Got glass for the Helldiver, however. Sheesh. I'm ready for a brew.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i bought right off your page.ive still not seen an update email,shall i just remain patient? or what?..and yes its now in my email spam/junk folder....just asking
    So are you saying that you have received the email but it is in your email spam folder ? I mean "and yes its now in my email spam/junk folder" makes it sound like " yes the email is in my spam/junk folder " . In which case you have the email.

Either way email me at help@aeroplaneheaven.com and we can resend the email. In fact for product support or support with payments... an email is your best bet. Posting on a forum wont necessarily be seen and we ( and probably you as well ) dont want your personal details sent over a public forum?

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I can't find DX10 fixer anywhere. Apparently its been withdrawn from sale? Anyways, I gave it a try (DX10) and the scenery looked horrible. Too many parameters to change, and that's without the recommended DX10 fixer. Got glass for the Helldiver, however. Sheesh. I'm ready for a brew.
    If you want to go Dx10 (I've been there for several years) don't consider turning it on without Steve's Dx10 Fixer. Purchase here: http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfs...10sceneryfixer
    And if you like the idea of cloud shadows too: http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfs...10cloudshadows

For me it's the only way to go, especially as I've just moved from a GTX770 t0 a GTX1070 with 8 gig of ram and in Dx10 more graphic data is piped to the gpu, releaving the cpu of some of it's load.
    SYSTEM :

If you want to go Dx10 (I've been there for several years) don't consider turning it on without Steve's Dx10 Fixer. Purchase here: http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfs...10sceneryfixer
    And if you like the idea of cloud shadows too: http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfs...10cloudshadows

For me it's the only way to go, especially as I've just moved from a GTX770 t0 a GTX1070 with 8 gig of ram and in Dx10 more graphic data is piped to the gpu, releaving the cpu of some of it's load.
    Hey Roger,

Are your updates all at no cost?.....grin I guess that is why I am stuck with FSX 9 and the video card I have.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Hey Roger,

Are your updates all at no cost?.....grin I guess that is why I am stuck with FSX 9 and the video card I have.

Tom
    I've run Dx10 on the 770 for four years and the upgrade to the 1070 just allowed me to move some sliders more to the right The Fixer is £20 and cloud shadows £10...easy choice
    SYSTEM :

Hmm. My point is that I didn't read anywhere in this:

System Requirements:

• Flight Simulator X (with SP2/Acceleration), FSX: Steam Edition & P3D v2/v3 (compatible)
    • 2GB RAM minimum
    • 512MB graphics card
    • Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP SP3
    • 488MB hard drive space

that I'd need DX10!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Service Pack is now uploaded, owners will be notified when their vendor has it ready for download. Features of the SP are:

1) Rear canopy opens with Shift/E+2
    2) Turtledeck and guns operate using a keystroke combination of your choice for "WaterBallast"
    3) The rear gunner will swivel and man the guns using Shift/E+3
    4) The Autopilot is now fitted with Altitude, Heading and NAV hold switches using existing knobs
    5) The Fuel selector has improved logic.
    6) Rear guns swivel to the right of the fin and rudder.
    7) Extra incidental sounds have been added to the soundpack
    8) The gunsight is now collimated.

Various bug fixes and amendments have also been made, namely:

Various mapping adjustments for textures
    Texture amendments
    Panel lines added to main fuselage tile in the Paintkit
    Missing wing root replaced in VC view
    Various erroneous switch labels removed or corrected.
    Numerous detail fixes in and around the cockpits.
    In Pc Aviator is the 1.1 version. This is it?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes PC Aviator has it.

How to display the pilots?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 0