Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

Yo Yo, is that Michael Davies' Essex?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm.. a sucker for anything with an RN history even though the RN thought so highly of the 26 units they received under lend-lease, it never saw active service!! RN Helldivers were serial numbered JW100-125 from the information I have. The RN paint included in the pack is JW195??

Owners of Warbirsims Mustang Tales will have USS Shangri-La.. another option for a surface vessel to fly off.

Agree with comments made about the throttle response. Shove the throttle up while in outside view and you can see the model lift. With an MP of 40 set.. it will get off the deck fully loaded and land without flaps. Best advice.. don't use em unless you're in a dive

ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; April 17th, 2017 at 14:31.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Yo Yo, is that Michael Davies' Essex?
    No, by Collin Glendinning for CFS :- ). Btw. I must find him to ask for publish it. I use TacPack to set up as AI but maybe someone will create working VOR (for TacPack users) in Helldiver to catch VOR of this carrier? Will be nice also.

The preview of modifications (P3D ready):

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice work on Essex YoYo

EDIT: This model is already converted to FSX by Lazarus YoYo (its in the library here) so a repaint shouldn't need any special permissions

EDIT#2.. the need for no flaps I mentioned earlier was probably that SOME flap was down but not visible. Found the patch posted by Baz to correct this

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nice work on Essex YoYo

EDIT: This model is already converted to FSX by Lazarus YoYo (its in the library here) so a repaint shouldn't need any special permissions

ED
    Good to know but I did some of changes in sim.cfg ect.

It will be nice to add something on the deck also :- ).

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That looks great without the nav lights showing

I guess it depends on what the etc was. There's not a lot you can change in the sim.cfg and you'd have to change it to add the paint unless you've disregarded the original. Even if you changed the speed, accel settings, height in the water and wake.. you can add that with the repaint along with an advisory text saying what you've done and/or what needs to be done to get it to that state.. eg, backup the original sim.cfg. Most people change the speed as a matter of course so it a) matches the rest of the fleet and b) to get some decent wind over the bow

ATB
    DaveB

That looks really good YoYo. I did a repaint pack for that Essex class carrier and it's here in the the library. It
    includes the CV9, CV10, CV11, CV12, CV16, CV17 and CV18. I have them set up like they would have looked
    during the war. The deck numbers would have been darker in color and there was no Island or Hull numbers.
    These were added after the war and the Measure 33-3a paint would have been painted over in grey.

I look forward to adding your paint to my collection.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Wow! The SB2C is out!

I disappear for a very long Easter break, come back and find this beauty is available. Feels almost like Christmas. Now to plead with my better half.

Really like the pic's of the aircraft. Looks fantastic. And new paint jobs already! Wonderful.

Sounds like Baz et al have done a wonderful job with the flight characteristics. But how does it fly with the gunners canopy open and his gun cover dropped? I've read that that caused quite violent buffeting on the tailplane, much to the consternation of pilots.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Charter Member 09

Helldiver

I guess that I'm the only one that flew in SB2C's in the forum
    I'm now 88 years old. I'm blind in one eye and have only 35% in the other eye. So reluctantly I had to give up FSX.
    About 17 years ago, I sent everything I had on Helldivers to some guy in South America. I guess he was too busy o make the model. I never heard from him again.
    Now I saw some of the pictures taken of the Airplane Heavens aircraft. I know that they were taken from my pictures I sent the guy. There is something missing. I'm the only one that can know what it is cause I removed it.
    The only criticism is the armor setting on the guns. They were chucked out right away. he stenciling is pretty heavy. It looks like it just came from A&R Other than that it looks like a Helldiver to me. I'd love to see one made up aboard the USS Leyte. my old ship.
    Sorry for the poor spelling. But it's the best I can do.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    I guess that I'm the only one that flew in SB2C's in the forum
    I'm now 88 years old. I'm blind in one eye and have only 35% in the other eye. So reluctantly I had to give up FSX.
    About 17 years ago, I sent everything I had on Helldivers to some guy in South America. I guess he was too busy o make the model. I never heard from him again.
    Now I saw some of the pictures taken of the Airplane Heavens aircraft. I know that they were taken from my pictures I sent the guy. There is something missing. I'm the only one that can know what it is cause I removed it.
    The only criticism is the armor setting on the guns. They were chucked out right away. he stenciling is pretty heavy. It looks like it just came from A&R Other than that it looks like a Helldiver to me. I'd love to see one made up aboard the USS Leyte. my old ship.
    Sorry for the poor spelling. But it's the best I can do.
    Helldiver, many of us here were wondering how you've been as we hadn't seen you on here in some time. I think I can speak for everyone that we're elated to see you back and giving us your first hand knowledge of this aircraft. In short, we really wanted this model to come out for you (something we've all wanted for some time). Anyhow, to my eyes it's a nice model and flying her is a lot of fun.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good to hear from you again Helldiver. I am not sure to what you are referring to re the pictures etc. Can you explain please? The only references we have are from original manuals and web stuff. I am assuming that the "guy in South America" would have something to do with Razbam? So sorry to here of your eyesight problems. Keep safe and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    . I'd love to see one made up aboard the USS Leyte. my old ship.
    will do! Hang in there
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No, by Collin Glendinning for CFS :- ). Btw. I must find him to ask for publish it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nice work on Essex YoYo
    Yes Dave, but I did some of modification in mdl (P3D ready) in external program, so not only the skin. I'd like to add it as whole separate model of CV-9. Btw. hmmm, will be difficult to ask him, I found this bad info :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...in+Glendinning I hope he would not mind (I'll add info about creator in readme).
    Last edited by YoYo; April 17th, 2017 at 23:21.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Good to hear from you again Helldiver. I am not sure to what you are referring to re the pictures etc. Can you explain please? The only references we have are from original manuals and web stuff. I am assuming that the "guy in South America" would have something to do with Razbam? So sorry to here of your eyesight problems. Keep safe and healthy.
    Maybe he is talking about all the markings on there that say Hand Hold, panel access, etc on the fuselage and wings?

No, he comments that he thinks the placards are too heavy but I don't think that's what he is referring to. It doesn't matter as we weren't in existence 17 years ago anyway and certainly not thinking about making Helldivers!

Not alone on the deck. Essex Corsairs. In Launch and Recovery conditions. WiP (mod merger).

Just lovely with the VS Enterprise.

A little tricky w/o their LSO.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; April 18th, 2017 at 12:48.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Not alone on the deck. Essex Corsairs. In Launch and Recovery conditions. WiP (mod merger).
    Looks fantastic. How do you control the visibility of the deck aircraft from fore, aft or none? Or is that possible?
    -- WH

my first attempt at a USS Leyte based Helldiver for Helldiver:

I think the registration on the fuselage needs to be a bit bigger...tomorrow..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Rear Gunner

I did not see any thing in the manual on how to get the gunner to fire his guns. Only Bombs drop and and wing guns are working.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I did not see any thing in the manual on how to get the gunner to fire his guns. Only Bombs drop and and wing guns are working.
    Follow the options on page 5 to get the gunner in position, then use the "I" key.
    -- WH

The rear guns fire with the wing guns. You need mount the guns to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The rear guns fire with the wing guns. You need mount the guns to see them.
    As you can see the wing guns are firing but not the gunners. The rear guns are raised and I would think they would engage with the "I" key and fire also.
    I looked at page 5 and followed and pressed all the keys mentioned. When you say "mount the guns", are they not mounted in the picture? So, what am I not doing or what is wrong here? Thanks

BTW, is the gunner supposed to pivot in his seat with the guns or...is he in a fixed position? The rear view, I see the gun barrels aimed at the tail, don't wanna shoot the tail off
    The armament switch box switches don't move, are they supposed to be functional?

Not sure why you're not getting the rear guns to flash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GUNFLASH.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0