Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

SS101, go back to post 32 in this thread, Bazzar has the link posted for the Flap Hotfix.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ss101 : see baz's post #52 but long story short a sbc2-3 and 4 is not an A-25. Quite some differences to the point that Curtiss internally referred to the A-25 as S84 to help with the confusion in drawings and specifications. So an A-25 texture whilst nice would be wrong ... not on the level of the kardashians, but wrong all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Bazzar,

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated. Do you have any idea as to how long that will be. Only asking so to know whether I should keep cutting and enlarging....grin

Tom

Here's a quick'n'dirty text conversion of the checklists.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    As replacement sounds, I am using Vertigo Studios TBM Avenger sound set. I get wind noise with canopy open, wing fold, etc. Could use a few db boost however.

-d
    Thank you, I hadn't thought of that - I'll give it a try.

Up position:

Down position:

Baz, next idea, could pilot travel up/down like in F3F-2 of AH when canopy is open?
    Id like to see also next VC view for landing (as in real) on the up chair position (next after default).

Here is another example that no "glass effect texture" on the windshield (which i like it). Only on the canopy (see difference between sky, a little strange):

Regards!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

We backed off the windscreen density because we have had so many requests not to have a darker windscreen as carrier landings become difficult. I'll have a think about the pilot height movement. We are right on the edge with animation numbers on this one so we need to be careful.

I use shift+enter to raise the point of view, works like a charm! It won't be visible from the outside though.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I use shift+enter to raise the point of view, works like a charm! It won't be visible from the outside though.

Cees
    Yea, but it isnt work if You are user of Track IR.
    For sure I can create new view for cfg but will be nice to have this in package as orginal view.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Another query regarding the Helldiver's performance; is A.H. absolutely certain about the take-off characteristics ? Admittedly I'm flying it without any weapon load, but even so, for a heavy aircraft, she seems to get airborne remarkably quickly. Any comments or clarification would be welcome.

I hasten to add that I'm very much enjoying this model - my first criterion is always 'Was it value for money ?' In this case, definitely so.

Hi Paul,

The FDs are to book values. the wing area is huge which provides a large amount of lift. The motor has been built to factory specs and does develop a great deal of torque and initial thrust.With flap she'll get off at 65-70 knots. However, you need to be careful because the power does not come on that quickly and flying speed, especially in a climb needs to be monitored. On land takeoffs you should run the engine with no more than 40 inches of mercury for a realistic takeoff. You can't have a carrier aircraft under-powered- otherwise much hovering will ensue off the bow! Also carrier approaches and landing at near stall speeds needs thrust to remain stable.

We'll see how things travel and have another look later if necessary. Longitudinally she's not exactly stable. You have to have good thrust to make sense of low speeds.

Bazzar, thanks for the information. Thinking a bit further, my impressions might also be influenced by her reaching take-off speed very quickly, rather than her having a particularly low take-off speed. I shall keep an eye on the dials.

The design suffered from less than exciting performance early in its career. Only solved with the SB2C-3 and 4 which had the bigger, much more powerful engine.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    SS101, go back to post 32 in this thread, Bazzar has the link posted for the Flap Hotfix.
    Found & installed. Thanks.

I just uploaded a few paints on Ozx, for those that are interested.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    ss101 : see baz's post #52 but long story short a sbc2-3 and 4 is not an A-25. Quite some differences to the point that Curtiss internally referred to the A-25 as S84 to help with the confusion in drawings and specifications. So an A-25 texture whilst nice would be wrong ... not on the level of the kardashians, but wrong all the same.
    Wouldn't want to be so gauche. Thanks.

For those who have Helldiver performance questions, you really need to watch the video "How to Fly the Curtiss Helldiver - SB2C"

It answers a lot of those questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33LJWjfCPX4

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Here's a quick'n'dirty text conversion of the checklists.
    Thank you,

Tom

btw. nice feature, at high alt the crew wears oxygen masks and gogles.

Thanks. Time to Carrier ops :- ). I take USS Yorktown 1944 (from Pilotable-Triblepack-Midway-aircraftcarriers package from simviation), works and looks ok (P3D).

This skin "114" was used on Yorktown.
    Last edited by YoYo; April 15th, 2017 at 14:32.

Default | Landing/taxi view

Ok I did additional view for landing or taxi when the pilot is on up position (btw. if You want it Baz You can use it). Use it when canopy is open.
    Aircraft.cfg and change this entry (from 001-003 to 001-004, use all Camera Definitions):

[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Pilot Landing View"
    Guid = {890d5a88-201a-4e63-8107-acf97b3cf32a}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = false
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz= 0.0, 0.097, 0
    InitialPbh= 15.9, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
    Title = "Engine Controls"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = No
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=35
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.0, 0, -0.1
    InitialPbh=45, 0, 320

[CameraDefinition.003]
    Title = "Cockpit overview"
    Guid = {135267CA-3668-4bfc-BD50-48ACCAF97952}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = false
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.3
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz= 0.15, 0.15,0
    InitialPbh= 45, -0.5, 308

[CameraDefinition.004]
    Title = "Rear cockpit"
    Guid = {84F4F6E3-8C6E-4370-AD81-E11CA9FDD4AB}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = false
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.3
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz= 0.00, -0.15,-2.50
    InitialPbh= 0, -0.5, 308
    Now is better view for approaches:

Those are the best pilot figures I've seen in FS. Nice job!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks YoYo, I will put these in when we do an SP if people want. I personally prefer the view out to the side ( carrier approach view) as I can see the whole deck and judge the approach angle of attack and trap angle for the tailhook.

use A to cycle thru views

You have a note for special views. "In the virtual cockpit view, just cycle through using the "A" key." I can't get that to work. I am using EZdok, does that make a difference? Is there something in the keyboard assignments that I may not have assigned?

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0