Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

Is there a way to paint the tail hook to render it invisible? A repaint for an A-25 Shrike is a possibility! (I suppose it cold be done with a visible tail hook though.) Thanks for the flap fix!

Not really Josh, a Shrike has quite a few other differences too. So I'd do an A25 scheme for the -4 with the big spinner just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I would have thought that surely as a "re-painter" you could make bump maps to your own taste. Also, for that matter, . specular tiles, panel lines and other details. In my day, we started with the original bmp texture supplied with the add-on and painted over everything. An artist starts with a blank canvas do they not?
    before getting your back up baz!

if you re read my post I was asking jankees if he used the bumpmap bmp as a layer to supplement the missing panel lines you didnt include in "fuseA.psd"

2 wrongs dont make a right however

BUT I would have thought that surely as a developer of your broad experience & know how.

know how his own nations roundels face(viscount) have matching alpha properties (dove) correct aircraft names to serials (meteor) and complete paintkits that all the parts marked (most of them so far) and release a completed paint kit (helldiver and some others)

im sorry Im just still a little jaded from not able to get a refund for your outstanding Zero fighter, I was away when the 30 days was up.

on a positive note, its great to see your consistent, I'll give you that

Now you can get your back up Baz

Yeah. I know. It was based on the -1. I know one other area of difference is the exhaust stacks and the fact it didn't have those wicked dive flaps. (Kudos for the awesome job you guys did on them.) It would be cool to see one in USAAF colors, even if not totally correct. Kinda like the guy who did the texture for Cutter's F-100F on Milviz's 100D. Not correct, but still very pretty! BTW, I did notice the hot fix for the flaps also solved the texture bug on the flaps! Can't wait to see the C-46!! Oh, one other thing. The Beast looks absolutely fantastic when I have it on tower view on my second screen doing fly bys at KOSH! It catches the light just right when in close and it almost seems like it greys out at a distance as if you were watching it on a hot hazy day at EAA!

Guys, I drew the lines myself, still a few to do..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

all this fuss over a free paintkit? sorry Matt, I don't have the time or the energy to get my back up. Party on mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Guys, I drew the lines myself, still a few to do..
    Thought so and hoping you werent

I started doing the same, Im using the bumpmap as a overlay and I really dont have the time waste to do all of the rivets for one particular paint scheme that I want to do

all this fuss over a free paintkit? sorry Matt, I don't have the time or the energy to get my back up. Party on mate.
    didnt realize that your doing us such a favour by making an incomplete paintkit for free, but thank you non the less
    Last edited by jeansy; April 14th, 2017 at 04:30.

Took her out for a spin and put her down on the Lexington. I did this with the original settings, btw. Perfect! Thanks Barry! What a wonderful plane again! I wish Bob Folsom (Helldiver) could see this one.

Cees

Thanks Cees, yes it would have been good to have Bob see it but as I get older, I begin appreciate that there are more important things in life. I rather suspect his focus is elsewhere these days.

more work in progress:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

My first Aeroplane Heaven purchase, and I'm pleased with it. The SB2C has been overlooked for far too long in MSFS / P3D.

A.H. - as a refinement, would it be possible to separate the two canopies opening ? Currently Shift+E operates them both simultaneously. And if anyone has a suggestion for replacement engine sounds, I would be grateful.

Overall initial impressions ? Very good - well done, A.H.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Regarding the sound, here's a good video of CAF's Helldiver flying. To me, with the 4 blade prop it sounds very similar to the F4U-4/5 Corsair's I've seen. So I decided to use the freeware F7F's sound pack which may not be completely accurate but it will suffice to give the VC and exterior environment a fuller sound.
    Cannot find this sound----do you have a link please.
    Mike

this is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    this is fun!
    Yeah!!!But pity that no TacPack!

Yellow one:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice job Baz! I would have liked to see the front and rear canopies open and close separately, but that's just my small preference. Other than that...Well done!

Thanks mate. I may look at separating the canopies, there's a reason for it the way it is but I could probably do a workaround.

I may look at separating the canopies, there's a reason for it the way it is but I could probably do a workaround.
    It would be very much appreciated if you could manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    My first Aeroplane Heaven purchase, and I'm pleased with it. The SB2C has been overlooked for far too long in MSFS / P3D.

A.H. - as a refinement, would it be possible to separate the two canopies opening ? Currently Shift+E operates them both simultaneously. And if anyone has a suggestion for replacement engine sounds, I would be grateful.

Overall initial impressions ? Very good - well done, A.H.
    As replacement sounds, I am using Vertigo Studios TBM Avenger sound set. I get wind noise with canopy open, wing fold, etc. Could use a few db boost however.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Took her out for a spin and put her down on the Lexington. I did this with the original settings, btw. Perfect! Thanks Barry! What a wonderful plane again! I wish Bob Folsom (Helldiver) could see this one.

Cees
    Thank you for posting this Cees. I never knew Helldiver's real name. Wherever you are Bob, thank you for your service sir.

Brian

Thanks mate. I may look at separating the canopies, there's a reason for it the way it is but I could probably do a workaround.
    Baz, and think please about this:

front windshield hasn't "glass" textures from inside. The canopy has this effect (btw very nice) but front not.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Instruction manual

Is there a way to split the pages, with two pages showing, so each page would be on an 8 x 10 page? With two pages switched across 10 inches the print is so small I can hardly read it. At least these old eyes cant...grin

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Hi Tom.
    Due to the complexity of the checklists, we will produce a printable version. The current manual is designed for screen viewing.

Hi Tom.
    Due to the complexity of the checklists, we will produce a printable version. The current manual is designed for screen viewing.
    Bazzar,

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated. Do you have any idea as to how long that will be. Only asking so to know whether I should keep cutting and enlarging....grin

Tom

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Anyone else having trouble getting the flaps to lower (visually) via the proper procedure? I can't no matter what but I can get the split dive flaps to deploy via the Spoiler (/) key. or am I missing something? Also, with the model Cold and Dark, I am seeing flames coming from the exhaust on both sides when I turn on the battery.
    Don't know about the battery issue, but SSI01 is also having the same problem with the landing flaps even though they are actuated in the proper manner. I get the sounds but no animation. Dive brakes working fine w/spoiler key. Since I also have the VS TBM, I will probably switch the TBM's sound pack over to the SB2C. Both Wright engines so it should work.

An EXCELLENT rendition of the SB2C, and long overdue. I noted no A-25 texture. Are you contemplating an add-on pack in the future, or are you letting the community take care of that?

Members who have read this thread: 0