Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    It's interesting to see how we all have slightly different perspectives on the same aircraft.

I can confirm the lack of animated landing flaps. I also noted aircraft.cfg entries for the leading flaps and was wondering if these were somehow animated as well?

What caught my attention is the flight dynamics. For such a large aircraft it is quite docile. On takeoff I was airborne in a short distance. Whenever the manifold pressure is about 40, it feels like a JATO rocket is pushing me along. When I try to cruise with reduced MP and Prop pitch, my speed drops to almost stall speed. Best way to keep level flight with the autopilot is an MP of 30 or greater. Quite a handful.

Textures inside and out are great. And on my system the sounds are great, too.

Only thing I have yet to figure out is the purpose of the Nav1/Vor1 frequency setting. There is no ILS gauge, but according to the manual it does link with the autopilot. Not sure how that comes together, so its back to the manual.

Lots of fun. No complaints. Just a general commentary. Thanks Baz and crew.
    Hi WH,

The "Beast" was indeed a handful for a pilot. At 40-43 inches she'll take off pretty quickly, the lift off that enormous wing is considerable but then for unassisted carrier takeoffs she needed it with a full ordnance load.

Here's an interesting video you may find useful if you can stand the hammy acting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33LJWjfCPX4

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Short flight. I agree sounds could be better (and matched better).
    VC is nice, but... no collimated gunsight (come on guys, we know, You can do this!) it looks a little odd in 3D cockpit in 2017 model, not from FS2004 ;- D.
    3D of model very well done, crg. Few interesting animations also.

The sounds seem like they are right from the F3F product.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Love the aircraft. No problem with the sounds and when the landing flap issue is solved all will be good. The dive brakes do show in spot view.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi WH,

The "Beast" was indeed a handful for a pilot. At 40-43 inches she'll take off pretty quickly, the lift off that enormous wing is considerable but then for unassisted carrier takeoffs she needed it with a full ordnance load.

Here's an interesting video you may find useful if you can stand the hammy acting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33LJWjfCPX4
    Thanks for the video, Baz.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hey Baz. I saw your reply on the glass/dive flap texture issue. What is different between the pilot's canopy and gunner's canopy glass textures? The flaps looks A-OK from the gunner's viewpoint. (I like the separate animations for the gunner turning and gun deployment BTW!) I'll have to look into how to use my flaps. I just figured it didn't have any! Great bird, thanks!

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Helldiver

Thank you, I have waited for this plane so long, all I can say is it is GREAT!! Thanks again for your work and time, for all of us to enjoy this great masterpiece. Lee

A hotfix for the flaps issue is now available. Do not contact your vendor, just visit our website or use this link:

http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/free/...ver_hotfix.zip

Do not delete any files, the hotfix installer will install the necessary files to your current installation.

All future upgrades will contain this hotix.

looking at the paintkit

is it me or are there no panel lines on the main fus "AH_hellfuseA_T.psd" in the paintkit??????

all 3 other .psds have panel lines but the main fuse doesnt

the pic above my post confirms there are panel lines in the release textures but not the paint kit

Baz are you going to update the paintkit?
    Last edited by jeansy; April 14th, 2017 at 00:08.

Very pretty shot DVJ.

Yes, I will be updating the kit when I get a minute.

I like on skins at this model all (maintenance) stencils - good job with this:

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post

http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/free/...ver_hotfix.zip

Do not delete any files, the hotfix installer will install the necessary files to your current installation.

All future upgrades will contain this hotix.

Thx!
    Last edited by YoYo; April 13th, 2017 at 23:30.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Bazzar, thanks for getting the Flap Hotfix to us so quickly! It works perfectly now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrier Work screens. BTW, one thing I would advise to users who intend to fly the Helldiver from AI Carriers, edit the landing gear contact points vertical speed damage setting to a significantly higher number (several times higher). The mains are fairly solid when trapping but as the model stops the nose tends to pitch down and when the tailwheel settles, it will usually fail and the model will fall backwards through the deck resulting in an crash. Minor detail to fix on otherwise flawless operations from AI Carriers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW.
    any advices for good FSX (P3D especially) WWII US Carrier?
    I remember CV-6 from Vertigo studios (payware), but his website is down from a long time.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Nice model!

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Nice model!

nice did you use multiplying or overlaying the bump mapping as a new layer for the missing panel lines in the paint kit ?

I have some blue schemes which that method works fine however for the lighter or the RAAF Shrike green scheme, the bump mapping doesnt work and its alpha falls short again..........

A lovely French repaint there, Jankees - very well done. Would you consider doing a fictional British Pacific Fleet one too ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    nice did you use multiplying or overlaying the bump mapping as a new layer for the missing panel lines in the paint kit ?

I have some blue schemes which that method works fine however for the lighter and green schemes, the bump mapping doesnt work and its alpha falls short again..........
    I would have thought that surely as a "re-painter" you could make bump maps to your own taste. Also, for that matter, . specular tiles, panel lines and other details. In my day, we started with the original bmp texture supplied with the add-on and painted over everything. An artist starts with a blank canvas do they not?

Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver - Leading Edge Flaps

Regarding these on the model - seem to work correctly. On the real "Beast", the "SLATS" came down and up with the landing gear, not flap selection. To the best of my knowledge, they had no function with the gear up i.e., they did not modulate with angle of attack like an A-4, etc.

Members who have read this thread: 0