Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

Icon23

v1.2 now installed and running on my system. Glass where there was no glass.

On the downside, now I've got to clean the stuff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD-1.jpg  

Awesome

These are for Bazza

Fine paint indeed jankees

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-4-23_8-26-36-12.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Well, the real Helldiver got off to a difficult start in life, so A.H. are to be congratulated for adding that aspect into their model. Call it immersion.

Nice to see the problem fixed so quickly - which is not something you can say of every payware developer.
    Well there is that saying "Art imitates life."

Brian

How to install updates

Should the updates just be installed over the existing files or should everything be deleted and then install the update?

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Should the updates just be installed over the existing files or should everything be deleted and then install the update?

Thanks,

Tom
    Neither.

If you've added any textures, save your aircraft.cfg file. Make a copy and put it elsewhere.

You want to remove the prior install through your Control Panel/Remove Programs.

Any addon texture folders will remain. You can then reinstall with the update, then update your aircraft.cfg file with any additional fltsim entries for addon textures.

And, if you're out there somewhere Baz and company, thanks for the update.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Neither.

If you've added any textures, save your aircraft.cfg file. Make a copy and put it elsewhere.

You want to remove the prior install through your Control Panel/Remove Programs.

Any addon texture folders will remain. You can then reinstall with the update, then update your aircraft.cfg file with any additional fltsim entries for addon textures.

And, if you're out there somewhere Baz and company, thanks for the update.
    Thanks,

Tom

Dear Barry...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I am deeply disappointed that after knowing each other for so many years, you all feel unable to talk to me directly. Only one person, who will remain nameless has done so and we are resolving the issue. All you had to do was contact us at our help desk or email me personally. A fix will be available this coming week after working on the effect issue.

As a result, I am withdrawing from this forum permanently and will not be available. If you wish to contact me directly, please email me or use the contact form or use the help desk address which is at the bottom of the page. Mike has already left and will also not be available.

A sad and disappointing end. Thankyou all.
    Dear Barry,

I found it very disappointing that three of my posts, that you must have read, were obviously ignored. I even posted a quote of one of my own posts to make this clear. I even felt slightly offended that a valid complaint was ignored and not handled as it should have been. Your reactions in this thread before the weekend were not reassuring at all regarding the solving of this issue. This is the thread that deals with the issues we have with this add on. Should we have done it in PM's? Why?

We go back a long way. The last thing I would want to do is offend you. You must know better than that. If I did offend or dissapoint you, I'm not too proud to say I'm sorry, which I hereby do.

Kind regards,

Cees

thanks to Bazzar and all at AH for addressing the issue...good work gentlemen.

now if only we could install class where there was no class - empathy 2.0 patches maybe?

in future can we post issues and findings here with civility and contact the developers and distributors (be they separate) at the same time?
    I agree with the idea of informing the community when there is a legitimate issue like this one, just not the manner in which it was done...but hey Sh*t happens.
    However - it is simple to copy and paste either your remarks or the link to them in an email. Then we don't have these unfortunate and discouraging displays of whatever the ***** this was.

FWIW It does seem that AH bears the brunt of these exchanges for some reason that is not apparent to me. It also seems to me that they are quick to resolve them one way or the other. (I love Pilto's replies especially)
    ..anyway

Thank you to the moderators, community, and our developers and distributors. SOH is still far and away the best site for flight sim enthusiasts everywhere.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Latest update installed after I removed add-on textures and the .cfg file from the existing installation. Reinstalled add-on textures and .cfg file info without incident. Glass now there and everything is working to perfection. Thank you AH for this excellent aircraft. I owned the Monogram Models SB2C (several of them, in fact) and this brings back those model aircraft with vivid memories.

Some more screenshots, flying over Granite Falls, MN, home of the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum, where an SB2C-5 is currently under active restoration to fly in about 3 more years.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

The WOW" factor is pretty high on that one looking down the gun barrels, John! Great shots, all of them.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Staring down both barrels

Love the last screenshot!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Fine paint indeed jankees

Thank you
    Yes and Thank You for this 207 from Essex.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

OK, so here's a simple question; has the glass been fixed for DX9?

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    OK, so here's a simple question; has the glass been fixed for DX9?
    Yes, the glass looks good in DX9, basically same as with DX10 preview.

Btw. in 1.1 (havent yet 1.2 but perhaps is the same problem here too) I noticed strange sound in the VC when the engine is running (something like wave or wind sound, looping sound every few seconds) and You will have level flight.
    I informed AH about it, the will look at it.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Beautiful!!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    oh - wise guy eh..?
    whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop...yeah, whatd'a ya gonna do about it? eehhhh!

Btw. in 1.1 (havent yet 1.2 but perhaps is the same problem here too) I noticed strange sound in the VC when the engine is running (something like wave or wind sound, looping sound every few seconds) and You will have level flight.
    I informed AH about it, the will look at it.

I believe that sound is being caused by the wind wav. If you want to get rid of it open up the sound.cfg and comment out WIND. Or, you can turn down the wind sound by editing the volumes to your liking ex. minimum_volume=4000 maximum_volume=8000

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop...yeah, whatd'a ya gonna do about it? eehhhh!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKtwlHV1-O8
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I don't see it in YoYo's screenshot, but the texture I downloaded has the holes in the dive brakes filled, not see-through. Not sure if this is an FSX issue or not. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

The alpha texture is missing with the texture named "AH_Hellflaps_t.dds". Just copy the alpha from one of the stock texture sets for the appropriate file and install it. That'll fix it.
    Last edited by Duckie; April 24th, 2017 at 13:30.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Members who have read this thread: 0