Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II from Just Flight - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II from Just Flight

Cheers Dave. I was just about to lob it onto the Virtavia Skyhawk but of the 1001 paints knocking around, there's not one for VA-153 Any takers???

Oh.. it works on the Virtavia A3 Skywarrior too

ATB
    DaveB

P3d Crashed Again

I landed aboard the New CS in a SWS F4B and then switch over to a converted third party aircraft that can use the elevators like the F4 can and it crashed, again.

I loaded the event viewer and copied the date and sent it over to Alex, maybe his coders can decipher what's going on.

From what I can tell in the event viewer, a file called Phantom_RS.dll may be at fault.

Tried it again

This time I landed on Enterprise in C1A and then switched to a SWS F4 - no problem - but when I switched from SWS F4 to a Milvix F4 then P3d Crashed.

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 4/9/2017 1:21:16 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: ijdjr-PC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
    Faulting module name: MV_F-4J_Sys.dll, version: 1.4.0.8, time stamp: 0x58d3b1d8 <<<<< this is when I sent from SWS F4 to Milviz F4 then it crashed
    Exception code: 0xc0000096
    Fault offset: 0x00001591
    Faulting process id: 0x1414
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2b15d5f96d07e
    Faulting application path: P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
    Faulting module path: P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\MV_F-4J_Sys.dll
    Report Id: 515ad6a1-1d51-11e7-8c59-6cf0497dce43
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-09T18:21:16.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>243653</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ijdjr-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.4.22.19868</Data>
    <Data>588f7cbf</Data>
    <Data>MV_F-4J_Sys.dll</Data>
    <Data>1.4.0.8</Data>
    <Data>58d3b1d8</Data>
    <Data>c0000096</Data>
    <Data>00001591</Data>
    <Data>1414</Data>
    <Data>01d2b15d5f96d07e</Data>
    <Data>P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\MV_F-4J_Sys.dll</Data>
    <Data>515ad6a1-1d51-11e7-8c59-6cf0497dce43</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

THis switching A/C while onboard any carrier is causing havoc in P3d V3.4 if two different F4's are involved. Hummmmm

Could you please take these issues to the SWS forum?

Also, this is an FSX forum.

Dave

I think MV had a problem with the latest 3.4 and released patches a week ago or so. The crash is from F4J_sys.dll

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Yup.. that patch was specifically for P3D 3.4 and not required for earlier versions or FSX. I think Butch already has that installed so maybe it's not as fixed as it might be.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    I think MV had a problem with the latest 3.4 and released patches a week ago or so. The crash is from F4J_sys.dll
    Before they released a patch, P3D would CTD after the patch P3d did not CTD. I once just renamed the file and everything was fine.

I was just doing traps on the Nimitz with the C1 then switched to a F18 and that went good, then went to a SWS F-4 and that was Okay then went to a MV F4 and that was the end of it (It CTD)

If you renamed the file then you lost the systems of the F4...at least from what it sounds like what you're doing...so although it doesn't error it's not working correctly?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Could you please take these issues to the SWS forum?

Also, this is an FSX forum.

Dave
    Okay. I have and will.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 9th, 2017 at 13:42.

I get a crash to desktop every time I end a flight or change aircraft which is getting a little tiresome. I'm an fsx steam user with Steve's dx10 fixer. I will get round to reporting it to SSW but in case you're around Alex I thought I'd mention it here.

Matt

Matt..

I take it that's when using Coral Sea? If so.. I'm still getting the same with FSXA too.
    ATB
    DaveB

It's all the time even when land based for me.

Matt

Hmm..

I had a suspicion that the carrier gauge was doing it but I've just tried a flight Culdrose to Culdrose (a circuit if you will) in the F-4B then chopped to the Virtavia Prowler (non-gauge fitted) after landing and the Prowler loaded. A few seconds later..

Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: fsx.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
    Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
    Fault Module Name: Phantom_RS.DLL_unloaded
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 58e2a336
    Exception Offset: 51b31591
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 00000008
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    LCID: 2057

That's an SWS Phantom dll causing the crash. Incidentally.. I don't have AIC automatically load either. I start it via a desktop shortcut and it's not been started since the PC was turned on today.
    ATB
    DaveB

The Phantom_RS.dll issue started popping up with some users post v1.0. We're on its track to fix it.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

The Phantom_RS.dll issue started popping up with some users post v1.0. We're on its track to fix it.
    Awsome!
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 10th, 2017 at 13:55.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Matt..

I take it that's when using Coral Sea? If so.. I'm still getting the same with FSXA too.
    ATB
    DaveB
    At sea or ashore it happens.

Cheers Alex

I really was convinced it was the carrier gauge causing it because I've always had AIC open and the carrier active when it's happened in the past. It's only when Matt posted that it was happening shore-side too that I tried it myself.

ATB
    DaveB

Glad to hear a fix for CTD is in the pipeline.

I've been with you since the beginning and love this add on. The improvements that have been made along the way are very evident. The Coral Sea is an astounding achievement in its own right. I have to say though I'm a little surprised that the lighting problem with the wheels is still there (they look light on unlit side and vice versa). It does bug me so I can't wait to get gear up so I don't have to look at them anymore. If it's a case that you can't figure out how to fix them get in touch... I may have some ideas that may point you in right direction.

Matt

How are the frame rates for this addon? I have a friend that used take care of these on ship.

I run it on an old i5/GTX560Ti rig and it's ok.. similar to what you expect from a Milviz model.

ATB
    DaveB

A-4 Sykhawk update, really giving this Aircraft Carrier a real kick B-)

Is anyone going to paint up the Alpha/Virtavia E Skyhawk to represent the Blue Fin C's? One exists for the old Razbam model but sadly.. not for Virtavia's

I've stopped flying the F-4 until the patch comes out to fix the dll error. I rarely open the sim and fly just one type and with this problem.. you have to.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    How did you know it would be Shift +6 (my guess, next unmapped key avail right?)
    Intuitively because it is the 6th window he has counting from zero. If you try a window number not assigned you should get a blue bar across the screen with all assigned Shift plus ? number combinations.
    Everything from the Radio Stack, to the GPS, to the Mini Panel, and somewhere in there will be the "CV-43". Just make a note of what it is on your particular aircraft.

Has anyone seen or heard of a fix released for the CTD's issus (FSX) on this aircraft... I to find CTD make an aircraft unusable.

I have looked on there site for any word on the fix and nothing to see.

I know first hand that they are most definitely testing a fix.

The reason it is taking so long is that it has to be tested with FSXA, FSXSE and P3d ....and each of these has to be tested with and without Tacpack.

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard of a fix released for the CTD's issus (FSX) on this aircraft... I to find CTD make an aircraft unusable.

I have looked on there site for any word on the fix and nothing to see.

Members who have read this thread: 0