Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Here we go, but why through the JF site? Promo vid, got to work on centerline for that trap at the end!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Am downloading now Am guessing good idea to remove the beta prior to installing this, or not necessary? NC

Yes, you should remove any previous installations.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Am downloading now Am guessing good idea to remove the beta prior to installing this, or not necessary? NC

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    Yes, you should remove any previous installations.

Didn't quite escape.
    The announcement from the devs about working with JustFlight said that it would be available through them and through Simworks' own site... I got the beta through Simworks, so I just got a new download link, but I believe they are still selling it.

JustFlight will open the product up to a lot more potential sales than just selling it through their own site, though!

Ian P.

Yup.. I bought the beta too so my link is from SWS.

I have to say that the release version seems much tighter in every respect. Although I have TP installed, I chose to install the non-TP F-4 and thus far.. everything seems fine.. including the infamous loadout manager.

You'll have to imagine the south coast of England is Malta for this exercise!
    ATB
    DaveB:-)

I have a couple questions/observattions - I loaded it in P3D V3.4 and noticed that when I land on the Corral Sea , If I change to a different plane other then SWS phantom, P3d will fold/crash.
    So, does that mean one cannot use a different aircraft with the new corral sea? The old corral sea will show if I start on a flight and call it up in AI ships but not the new one.

Also, I have a F4B and a F4N and a F4 APR all with the same textures. What is the APR stand for?

I had to use the older vid card option to get better FPS otherwise it's a slide show.
    I have a GE Force 660 vid card.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 7th, 2017 at 12:17.

Butch..

I'm not sure what's happening in P3D as I'm running FSX but with regard to the old Coral Sea and the new one.. I'm pretty certain they're one and the same. If you call it up in AIC while in another aircraft, it will show 'clean'. All the visuals you get are from the Carrier window while in the Phantom. Not tried landing on then changing to a different aircraft but I can imagine things happening!! Are you TackPack or non-TacPack?

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Butch..

I'm not sure what's happening in P3D as I'm running FSX but with regard to the old Coral Sea and the new one.. I'm pretty certain they're one and the same. If you call it up in AIC while in another aircraft, it will show 'clean'. All the visuals you get are from the Carrier window while in the Phantom. Not tried landing on then changing to a different aircraft but I can imagine things happening!! Are you TackPack or non-TacPack?

ATB
    DaveB
    Non-Tacpack.

But I am trying to figure out if the new corral sea is avail for other non F4 aircraft. As it stands now when flying in non F4 and approach to Corral sea in AI carriers, I land on the old one. In this new release, In a SWS F4 the New Corral sea
    is there and after a trap, I switch to different A/C then P3d goes bye bye. That's why I thought I'd ask if the new Corral Sea can be used with other then the SWS F4's.....

Hiya Butch..

I think the simple answer here is NO. If you look in your Coral Sea folder (assuming you didn't remove it when you uninstalled the final beta).. you'll see that some of the folders are new with todays date and some.. the sim.cfg for example is the same as the last beta model. So.. what you get is one Coral Sea.. not multiple versions as with the Nimitz and Enterprise. If you select Coral Sea and fly to it in a non-SWS aircraft, it will show as clean. You only get all the deck park configs from the SWS Phantom. Remove the Phantom and the deck park aircraft go with it. In fact I've just tried landing on in the SWS model then changing to another aircraft (non-SWS) and it crashed FSX too. Not tried calling it up and landing on in a non-SWS aircraft then changing to the SWS Phantom.

There is no OLD model remaining. If you left it in place, it will have been modified by the v1 install. A little inconvenient I guess but that's how they've made it.
    ATB
    DaveB

It is entirely possible to add the Coral Sea parking/elevator functionality to any aircraft you wish.
    It does mean some editing of the required aircraft's panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg.
    I've done it quite a bit, and it's no great issue.

If you ask over at the SWS site, I'm sure they've got something that'll walk you through what's required.

Please also bear in mind - those who have TacPack - that you can add the carrier to TacPack and spawn it whenever/wherever you wish.

Dave

Butch..

I wondered if you could say.. land on in the SWS Phantom.. change the carrier to a clean deck and then change models but FSX still shuts down with a BEX error. I'm sure this will happen in P3D too. There are so many combinations of try.. landing on in a non-SWS Phantom (the carrier will be clean) then swapping to the SWS Phantom while onboard which will bring up the last cfg you selected.. land on in a non-SWS Phantom (any other model) with the deck clean then swap to the SWS Phantom, take-off THEN change the carrier deck.. I don't think I have the will to try them all I guess someone with sufficient know-how might be able to shoe-horn the carrier software to another model in order to see all of Coral Sea's goodies too but that's not for me. Suffice to say, you will only see a loaded deck using the SWS Phantom and changing to another aircraft with the Coral Sea still active in AIC is likely to induce a sim shutdown. I've looked at the single model in MCX and she's loaded to the gunwales so the Phantom software is calling the deck models thru visibility tags.

A shame for sure but not the end of the world

EDIT: Dave jumped in while I was posting. Thanks for that mate.
    ATB
    DaveB

The F-4 is available from both our page and JustFlight and it will be currently an SWS-JF exclusive.

With regards to the carrier activation process, go to the relevant instructions page on the manuals and you should be able to activate them easily.
    About to the crash Gray Eagle mentioned, we haven't come across it. Please e-mail me at support and we will try to find out what can be wrong.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

As a Beta purchaser I received my V1 update email today. Thank you Sir Ripper, a pleasure doing business with you.

Another variation on the theme for non-TPers..

It's possible to take-off in one aircraft, call up Coral Sea in AIC (.net in my case).. land on then change to the SWS Phantom without FSX spitting out. However.. you'll not get off again because a) the side cat doesn't work and b) the deck config can't be changed. I guess the side cat is inactive because the deck was left in recovery. It seems to latch on but no wires are visible and the blast deflector doesn't lift. The model just rocks on the cat.

The major question now is when can us Brits expect the K/M and Ark Royal IV
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    The F-4 is available from both our page and JustFlight and it will be currently an SWS-JF exclusive.

With regards to the carrier activation process, go to the relevant instructions page on the manuals and you should be able to activate them easily.
    About to the crash Gray Eagle mentioned, we haven't come across it. Please e-mail me at support and we will try to find out what can be wrong.
    I went to the carrier activations page (link above) is that info need to be loaded in each aircraft that you want to land on the new Corral Sea?

aoa_threshold >>>> What value do I use?

This is the aircraft angle of attack when on approach. A rule of thumb to calculate it is this: When on a 3.5 degree glideslope take note of your aircraft pitch and add it to the glideslope.
    I.e. if pitch is 5 degrees nose up, AoA is 5+3.5=8.5 degrees.
    aoa_waveoff >>>> Same here

This is the angle of attack which is considered too high for an approach and you will be waved off by the LSO for danger of stalling. Use a higher value than aoa_threshold.
    launch_bar >>> Some A/C already have this.

The position of the launch bar relative to the aircraft's center point in meters. The three numbers correspond to longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from center.

• Longitudinal: + aft, - forward
    • Lateral: +right, - left
    • Vertical: +down, - up

Alex, I just sent you an email,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post

I just sent you an email

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    It is entirely possible to add the Coral Sea parking/elevator functionality to any aircraft you wish.
    It does mean some editing of the required aircraft's panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg.
    I've done it quite a bit, and it's no great issue.

If you ask over at the SWS site, I'm sure they've got something that'll walk you through what's required.

Please also bear in mind - those who have TacPack - that you can add the carrier to TacPack and spawn it whenever/wherever you wish.

Dave
    Thanks Dave for the info

I went to the carrier activations page (link above) is that info need to be loaded in each aircraft that you want to land on the new Corral Sea?
    I guess the answer to that is almost certainly yes if you want to see all of Coral Sea's new functions. I'll give it a go with the Intruder and see what happens. It may well stop these hissy-fits caused by non-carrier gauge fitted models

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I guess the answer to that is almost certainly yes if you want to see all of Coral Sea's new functions. I'll give it a go with the Intruder and see what happens. It may well stop these hissy-fits caused by non-carrier gauge fitted models

ATB
    DaveB
    You need to activate in that manner every aircraft you wish to use with the Coral Sea and still have all the advanced functions working like the moving elevators and the deck configuration. Otherwise you can spawn the Coral Sea using TP or AI carriers but the deck will be empty.

Yes, well.. it's not without it's problems at the moment. The lines were added as per those instructions to the Virtavia Intruder (plus cribbing from the 4B). I selected recovery from the Carrier Manager and Coral Sea didn't show a recovery deck. So.. I selected parking aft stbd and aft port using the click spots and these appeared ok. Landed on and moved to the fwd cat but the cat wouldn't engage. For want of something different to try, I then selected the Aerosoft F-14 which doesn't have these lines added. When the F-14 loaded.. I was surrounded by aircraft parked in recovery config! Regardless.. I continued with parking brake, shift+U/shift+I. The F-14's lug came down, the blast deflector came up and I was able to takeoff!!

I'll look at the Intruder again to try and determine why it's not engaging the cat.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post

aoa_threshold >>>> What value do I use?

This is the aircraft angle of attack when on approach. A rule of thumb to calculate it is this: When on a 3.5 degree glideslope take note of your aircraft pitch and add it to the glideslope.
    I.e. if pitch is 5 degrees nose up, AoA is 5+3.5=8.5 degrees.
    aoa_waveoff >>>> Same here

This is the angle of attack which is considered too high for an approach and you will be waved off by the LSO for danger of stalling. Use a higher value than aoa_threshold.
    launch_bar >>> Some A/C already have this.

The position of the launch bar relative to the aircraft's center point in meters. The three numbers correspond to longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from center.

• Longitudinal: + aft, - forward
    • Lateral: +right, - left
    • Vertical: +down, - up

Alex, I just sent you an email,

Thanks
    At the bottom of the F-4's aircraft.cfg is a CarrierExtensions section containing these entries. You can copy that as a template to any aircraft and change the values to the appropriate ones for your aircraft.
    Unless you want to use the catapults on a drivable CV-43, all you should care about are AoA threshold and AoA Waveoff.

The former is the "on speed" AoA on approach, which is different per aircraft. This controls the cut lights. You can find it by noticing your pitch during an approach which is done on-glideslope. Glideslope is 3.5 degrees. Add the current pitch and you've got AoA.

AoA_Waveoff is used to wave you off the approach when your AoA is too high (to avoid stalling and falling in the water).

@DaveB: Noted

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

I had a idea today concerning static aircraft, specifically. My fellow USN vets can surely back up my memories on this, but am certain that whenever aircraft were not flying, there is a minimum of six tiedowns on every aircraft. So my thought was, how feasible would it be to add "chains" to static aircraft?

Just a fleeting thought from my addled Chief's brain. NC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chains1.jpg   chains2.jpg   chains3.JPG  

Chief,
    Still have scars on my legs from hitting those damn tie downs in the dark on the flight deck....

Idea of adding the tie down chains is great!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Members who have read this thread: 0