How to remove retardant drop gauge from F7F

Thread: How to remove retardant drop gauge from F7F

How to remove retardant drop gauge from F7F

I use FireFighter X now for fire fighting in FSX and P3D, and the built in retardant drop gage in the F7F conflicts with what FireFighter X does. ie - both the gage and FFX add weight for retardant, so with both active I will be way over weight.

I commented out all the lines regarding drop gages in the panel config, but in the sim, the tail hook would deploy any time I had retardant loaded through FFX. I looked in the aircraft.cfg file, and noticed a lot more entries in there as well.

Can anyone (Gordon or Milton...?) let me know specifically what lines I need to edit out to completely deactivate the retardant drop gage in the F7F?

So I did reinstall of the plane and put "0" in for the weight values for the retardant stations in the aircraft cfg file. That at least allowed the plane to load just fine, and when I opened the drop gage it said the tanks were empty. The fuel and payload menu reflected that as well.

However, once I start FFX and load any retardant, the tail hook extends and won't retract. This is the only issue as far as I can tell. Any idea why this happens?

Blog Entries
    Let me set up a config for the FireFighterX program. I've got that one installed, and have had that task on the "to do list", but have been busy with the move and digging out the house. I'll get that set up and shoot you the new file.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thanks! Can't wait to fly the tanker with that new VC!

gman

So according to the FFX manual, it sends information about the tank fill level to the sim using a value for tail hook position. FFX has an option to disable tail hook entries to account for this.

However, with no tail hook entry or a disabled tail hook entry, the F7F tail hook is fully extended as long as the tank is full. It only retracts when the tank is emptied.

I copied a tail hook entry into the cfg, and the tail hook stays retracted most of the time, except it extends and then immediately retracts every time you drop retardant.

This makes me think it's not an issue that can be addressed via cfg edits and the tail hook animation may need to be disabled for this model. Or the creator of FFX will need to make a change on his end.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying fighting fires and ignoring the brief extension and retraction of the tail hook!

tguy,that shot is pretty sexy...and seeing this,im now itchin for fire season to start....is that bad of me?...prolly,but i so love them airtankers.

I have been fighting the urge to pester TG72 about the status of the FSX native S-2 and the P2V...

sorry malibu,i just caught my gaff....tankers tankers tankers...yay

Members who have read this thread: 0