Any Martinsville Comments?

Thread: Any Martinsville Comments?

Question Any Martinsville Comments?

Just curious...

With this new system, and the way people are driving, NASCAR is about to lose me. I now try to time it to watch the last 25 laps or so. It is soooooo boring now!! That race was a joke, just like all the others this year. The only good part of Martinsville was watching the 2 and 18 battle it out for a bit. If only the rest of the cars were racing that hard, it may have been a good race. They seem to be driving around like a bunch of old women. Wish they would listen to the fans. In case they are wondering who the fans are, those were the people who used to sit in the empty seats they keep showing on TV!!! What was your take on it?

Don

Not enough Fighting..... That's my 2 cents!

I think NASCAR has a bunch of vanilla drivers that all fit the same mold. If you look back at NASCAR and IndyCar...when those series were robust and successful it was when the field was filled with different personalities, styles, and manufacturers. Folks had a favorite Driver, and others they hated and they tuned in to watch "Their Guy" beat that other schmuck!! Rivalries....it's what makes the sport what it is. The big teams have added the "Vanilla" to the recipe. Even the brand names. These cars are all the same with a different manufacturers badge and paint scheme.

I think the stage racing system is working, drivers now have a reason to get to the front three times in a race instead of one. As for the lack of aggressiveness, I think this is a reflection on modern race car drivers. They are not mechanics, they are not rough and tumble, they don't own the car they drive, they have a contract to drive a car and it's their job.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It has come down to obtaining enough points to make the 27th race after which they may as well draw straws for the cup. When I watched a team that finished 5th in points last year get the cup I figured NASCAR (real racing) is about finished.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Although it will never happen because of safety reasons, bring back the "stock" cars that fans can relate to. These generic cars with decals for headlights and even tailpipes don't give interest like the ones you see on the street.

dump the road courses and bring in three or four dirt rack races.

Martinsville has always been a boring race, along with Michigan. Hard to pass and more of a demolition derby than a race. Look at all those empty seats!

Martinsville has always been a boring race, along with Michigan. Hard to pass and more of a demolition derby than a race. Look at all those empty seats!

this is the one comment i agree with on this thread,

as far as no fighting,blame that on a cry baby society.used to be able to get into a fist fight and the winner would come away with a smile,and the loser learned a new lesson.now it you slap a person on the back as a "hey buddy" sort of thing you get arrested for assault...get the police (the street cops) out of the nascar pit area,and let the drivers and teams beat the crap out of eachother. not long ago here in norcasl,two guys got into a fight in the pits at a dirt track,when the dust settled,they both walked away...no issues...a week later,when they both got to the pit gate,a cop was waiting and arrested them,in California anyway...or atleast here,,just like domestic battery,the state claims to be the victim ,so in this case,bot drivers were arrested and charged with assault with intent..and both were convicted. this is the soul reason there is no longer any real passion,and those who do have it...like kyle bush,get fined or threatened with jail time...and others like "pawpaw" dont even get i finger shaking...well my middle finger at him and his grandsons.....biggest set of spoiled boi's ive even seen.

i also find it interesting you people call this segment racing boring,yet when speaking to guys like kyle Larson,saw him Thursday after the sprint car race in placerville,he told me how much they ALL like it,makes them race harder for a win in each segemnt,how yall can claim its not effective just blows my mind,seems yall just want racing the way it was ...whatever "was" is supposed to mean..you dont like nascar as it is today,then stop watching and stop commenting on it...watch the primadona's in F1,now thats just plain boring..predetermined winners?..team orders?..screw that..thats about dollars...not racing...ive never seen an F1 race that was about racing..

ill say it again..if ya dont like it,stop watching it,and please stop the negitive crap when you dont have a clue...

It is a discussion thread, people are going to have different opinions than you from time to time.
    If you are passionate about a sport then any changes are going create opinions on the state of the sport.

IMHO, this new stage racing is the best thing to happen to NASCAR since it went to "The Chase" format...

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    It is a discussion thread, people are going to have different opinions than you from time to time.
    If you are passionate about a sport then any changes are going create opinions on the state of the sport.
    yeah it is about opinions,and i voiced mine,and im gonna say it again,if you hate nascar as most on these boards do,stop bitchin about it,and dont watch it.the part where you say the opinions differ from me,,yes you are right,but i stopped commenting in these threads due to the constant complaining about the assosiation (nascar) they all love to hate...its about the constant hate comments,no not that word,but constant remarks about how theyve ruined a system that was already flawed,yet nascar and the fan counsil have been working hard to listen to the real fans and making changes the fans want,,i no longer have time for haters,,as taylor swift said,and im going to voice my opinions about yall shuttin up already as long as i want,,keep bitchin about a sport ya hate ,or a part of it you hate,and ill keep commenting..dont like it,ask the powers that be here to lock me out....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    IMHO, this new stage racing is the best thing to happen to NASCAR since it went to "The Chase" format...
    Sarcasm does not become you P!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Sarcasm does not become you P!
    LoL but I'm dead serious!
    When you look at the "The Chase" in the big picture, IMHO, Stage Racing is the best thing for it - It prevents folks from doing "just enough" to make it to the final race...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    LoL but I'm dead serious!
    When you look at the "The Chase" in the big picture, IMHO, Stage Racing is the best thing for it - It prevents folks from doing "just enough" to make it to the final race...
    BINGO! I was skeptical of stage racing when it was first announced, but how it has been implemented and the return to using the points system to get into the Chase is working well. The concept of winning one race and you are automatically in the Chase opened the door to abuse. Drivers, really good teams, could win one race, then spend the rest of the season experimenting with setups and techniques. They were no longer racing. This new format has brought excitement back to NASCAR.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I would like to see the "win a race and you're in the chase" go away. I'd rather see a total points system get the driver to the end. I agree that a simple win really takes the urgency to heavily compete for the rest of the year because you are already there. I'd also like to see the old race back to the line come back as well. This damaged car rule needs to go away as well. As long as the car can do a minimum speed, why not have it out there? It's getting too sterile for me. I'd also like to see REAL stock cars running, not these generic built cars with a manufacturers name on the front. Watch a race from 1970, for example. That will tell all! Many others agree that there are problems as well. Notice those empty seats? People do not like what they have today. Oh yes, one more thing. I am SICK AND TIRED of people complaining about the Monster girls. If one goes back to the 60's, they will see that in many cases, today's girls are over dressed for the job. Enough of that already! Just my 2 cents. Agree or disagree. Not a problem either way!

Don

The mere fact that the 5th place team took home the cup last year is proof that Brian's folly is just that. He is ruining the sport his grandfather started!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    I would like to see the "win a race and you're in the chase" go away. I'd rather see a total points system get the driver to the end. I agree that a simple win really takes the urgency to heavily compete for the rest of the year because you are already there. I'd also like to see the old race back to the line come back as well. This damaged car rule needs to go away as well. As long as the car can do a minimum speed, why not have it out there? It's getting too sterile for me. I'd also like to see REAL stock cars running, not these generic built cars with a manufacturers name on the front. Watch a race from 1970, for example. That will tell all! Many others agree that there are problems as well. Notice those empty seats? People do not like what they have today. Oh yes, one more thing. I am SICK AND TIRED of people complaining about the Monster girls. If one goes back to the 60's, they will see that in many cases, today's girls are over dressed for the job. Enough of that already! Just my 2 cents. Agree or disagree. Not a problem either way!

Don
    You really should attempt to try and view the Aussie V8 Supercar Series.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I'll look it up. I've never seen it on TV here.

Don

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Saw it whe I was in Australia and loved the racing and the cars. Bring them over here via rule changes and you'll see those seats being filled again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The mere fact that the 5th place team took home the cup last year is proof that Brian's folly is just that. He is ruining the sport his grandfather started!
    Brian France tried to turn NASCAR into the NFL. In football, you could have a team that was undefeated matched up with a team that lost 1/3 of their games and lucked their way into the Superbowl, then get lucky again and beat the undefeated team and take the trophy. Yes, it makes it exciting because someone might get lucky, perhaps inherit the lead on the last two laps, but it takes away from the concept of a consistently winning car winning the championship.

someone can come out of nowhere and win,that doesnt make sense i agree,but as far as this new format,the three stages do improve racing,and with a chance to win all three segments in on e race makes it a lot more fun for the drivers,points systems are or owners and sponcers,early dirt track racing,which nascar IS based on,remember it came from some promoters getting together to create a rules package that each track could agree on to make traveling drivers (were no teams then) hit all the tracks not just the ones who paid the best per race night.it does work,but in the heart of all drivers is the need to win,it makes them much more aggressive,so put a "little insignificant win" in the middle of a way to long drawn out race,and they will race and not play follow the leader.not all nascar drivers are from the dirt,but they all come from saturday night short track racing,and they all have the need to win first,worry about the rest later.ive never met a circle trck racer who would say that they only points race,its not in the nature of the beast.points racing is a corporate thing.

If France had come out and said we are starting over with the chase, stats accumulated pre-chase are not to be compared to post chase that would be one thing. But he did not, the media compare JJ's 7 cups with Dale Sr. and the King. That pisses me off because they know better. Also Gordon did win seven real cups by the old rules but got no credit for them. The whole chase thing stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If France had come out and said we are starting over with the chase, stats accumulated pre-chase are not to be compared to post chase that would be one thing. But he did not, the media compare JJ's 7 cups with Dale Sr. and the King. That pisses me off because they know better. Also Gordon did win seven real cups by the old rules but got no credit for them. The whole chase thing stinks!
    I agree. I'd like to see the "chase" go away. Race for the whole season. I also agree with Gordon. Put those rules back into play and see if old 7 times can do it.

Don

dont forget guys,the chase started when matt kenseth won the cup and Jr had not yet,they did this because he never even won a single race and still won,yet jr was supposed to be better then matt,yet jr still hasnt even come close...so yes,it is a crappy set up,ive never liked the chase,but it also proved a point that the sports baby boi still cant win in.

Dave, I think you make a good point. Was the Chase designed to help Dale Jr. win? I don't know. If it was, it didn't work. The Chase can reward consistency, but it gives equal weight to dumb luck and I don't like the concept of rewarding dumb luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0