FSUIPC/Fstflatten

Thread: FSUIPC/Fstflatten

SOH-CM-2023

FSUIPC/Fstflatten

Hi All,

If you have followed the interlaken thread, you know I have had some runway "sinking" issues. So I figured its time to learn some new skills and I went and downloaded fstflatten and dropped it onto my system and fired up fs. I clicked on the connect button on the application and I get the "Connection to Flight Simulator failed!" box. I figured something was wonky with fsuipc so I reinstall the registered version and I get the same error. In the fstflatten docs there is mention of being able to add the application manually, but for the life of me I cant figure out where to put it. Here is the excerpt I am talking about:

Additional files required for the Area16N method:
    =================================================
    * FSUIPC: This application uses FSUIPC.DLL, by Peter Dowson, to retrieve data from FS. This dll file must be installed in your Flight Simulator \modules folder. It should self-register with the new versions, but here is the FSUIPC application key, just in case.

Application Name FSTflatten
    Access Key 2XCI POUD UTU0

Does this go in the fsuipc.ini file perhaps?

Thanks,
    Sean

The key is for the paid version of FSUIPC - I think. I've used FSTFlatten and I don't have the paid version of FSUIPC on my system. If you have the latest version for FS9, you should be able to start FS9, then start the flatten app and it will connect automatically. I just tried it for the first time in several years and it still worked just fine.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2023
    Maybe thats the problem, I have the paid version. I have had it forever, Im currently on 3.9999z9b which I just downloaded from the fsuipc website. I can try uninstalling it and reinstalling the free version.

Thanks,
    Sean

Members who have read this thread: 0