IndiaFoxtEcho (Dino's) Eurofighter Typhoon released - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: IndiaFoxtEcho (Dino's) Eurofighter Typhoon released

Version 1.05 is just released thru simmarket.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

...not sure if the details have been properly cascaded through distributors, anyway here is the list of changes:

2017-04-23
    Product updated to version 1.05
    - Improvements to flight control animations
    - Improvements to flight model stability in certain conditions
    - Fixed bug which prevented external fuel tanks from being replenished in the configurator
    - Fixed bug which prevented external fuel tanks from being replenished in in-flight refuel under Tacpack
    - Fixed bug in TRK autopilot function
    - Fixed bug in STA4 pylon visibility condition
    - Adjusted position of guided bomb hanging from pylons
    - Changed "Ready for Takeoff" condition so that Avionic Master is now set to ON
    - Added missing white navigation light
    - Fixed several bugs preventing correct frequency-to-channel Tacan conversion
    - Fixed bug that made ZOOM IN/ZOOM OUT key functionality to be inverted in LDP controls
    - Fixed minor bug in FUEL format

...it turns out that there is a bug in the new animation code. Version 1.06 is on the way...apologies for the inconvenience!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...it turns out that there is a bug in the new animation code. Version 1.06 is on the way...apologies for the inconvenience!!!
    Good work there Dino, wont be able to get this for another day but looking forward to the update.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Maybe I missed it but is there a way to get the slipper tanks to show w/o TacPack?
    I'm interested in this as well.
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

All - I am sorry but I forgot to "sign" the Tacpack files for multiplayer anti-cheating in the1.05-1.06 update to the Eurofighter... as result, if the server has anti-cheat enabled, you will be kicked out of the session. Here are the signed files (that must go into the main Eurofighter folder) if you want to use the updated Typhoon in multiplayer. Sorry for the inconvenience.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1V...ew?usp=sharing

@StormILM and AusWilko

You should be able to make the CFT show by setting the station load of "Attachpoint for " to 1000 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @StormILM and AusWilko

You should be able to make the CFT show by setting the station load of "Attachpoint for " to 1000 lbs.
    Cheers Dino, just got a sale, just think the look of them realy makes the jet, some will disagree but for me they look cool, like the F16 with them.
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Hi there,

I haven't been able to run this properly yet since purchasing from sim market..
    I have downloaded 1.06 but I am suffering from freezing issues.
    This is fsx acceleration, I only have a gtx560ti 1gb ram, 3.4 x4 CPU.
    Is there anything I can try to improve this?
    It does look like the best Eurofighter available, just hope I can fly it!
    Many thanks!

Another thing to note, although I might be wrong..(Not sat in a typhoon before!)
    The viewpoint seems a little high in the cockpit, I feel I need to lower it...

Quote Originally Posted by Outrun74 View Post
    Another thing to note, although I might be wrong..(Not sat in a typhoon before!)
    The viewpoint seems a little high in the cockpit, I feel I need to lower it...
    You can change the default VC viewpoint by editing the aircraft.cfg file (found in the Typhoon folder under [Sim]/SimObjects/Airplanes/).

Locate the lines in aircraft.cfg:
    [Views]
    eyepoint= x.xx, y.yy, z.zz
    IIRC, decreasing the value of the third parameter (z.zz) will lower your eyepoint
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Useful to know thanks!
    I normally just manually change it but that is great..

@Outrun74

I am sorry you are having difficulties - the "freezing" issue is being reported by a small number of FSX-SE+Tacpack users (especially with lower end video cards). The root cause is unclear. Disabling Tacpack solved the issues for some users.
    Also please note that your graphic card does not meet the minimum requirement (660 with 2Gb RAM) although I suspect this is not the root cause of the freezing.

Thanks for the reply Dino..!
    I did notice my card was not quite up to minimum spec, but hoped that is not the cause.
    I still use the "boxed" version of fsx (old skool!)
    I do not use tacpack but would like to get that installed one day...
    The freezes are small pauses, which are quite bad in terms of flying experience. Its a shame as the fps is quite good.
    Hope it can be fixed sometime as I have been waiting for this eurofighter for some time now, all others I have tried are disappointing to be honest

I have not yet gotten an email from the retailer (fspilotshop) regarding a later version.

@davido53

I don't know what happened - afaik FSPilotShop already has the latest version.
    You may want to log on to theri website and download the latest version.

Dino, has there been a change to the smoke winders as I loaded a quick display flight with them and the trigger didn't activate them. The breaks did though.

Hi Chris - No changes to the smoke system (at least no intentional ones)...actually I believe the code that governs the smokewinders was left intact from v1.00, but I will check.

Dino: should I log a ticket anywhere or just wait to see if this is fixed?
    On another note, would there be any benefit in upgrading my 560ti to a 2gb card?
    I only run 1 monitor at 1680x1080, not maxed out..
    It was my understanding that Fsx would not benefit from a better card, please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks

Dino: should I log a ticket anywhere or just wait to see if this is fixed?
    On another note, would there be any benefit in upgrading my 560ti to a 2gb card?
    I only run 1 monitor at 1680x1080, not maxed out..
    It was my understanding that Fsx would not benefit from a better card, please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks
    You will absolutely benefit from a faster card. Get the best that you can, imho. I couldn't justify a 1080 card for myself, but, got a 1070, and I am impressed with the results.
    Your CPU needs to be decent, but, doesn't have to be the latest thing out there. (depending on what you want to achieve).

Britmac: you have just made a very controversial statement for fsx!
    This goes against my understanding of fsx architecture, and 10 years of tweaking just about every frame out of it !

@OutRun74

The issue is already in my Eurofighter master spreadsheet. Problem is, as I cannot replicate it - it is difficult to find the root cause.
    If you know how to edit a panel.cfg file, for one you can try and comment out the ASR.XML, TSD.XML and DAS.XML which provide avionics functions which are not used by the Typhoon (they are leftovers from the F-35 code - will be deleted in the next release).

I suspect that the "freezing" is caused by some sort of weird interaction between the gauges and the 2D Mouse Area (which are projected onto the 3D model to make the "shapeshifting" keys).
    We had a similar issue reported by one Beta tester for the SSK panel, and that was dealt with by changing the model to use Attachpoint Mouse Areas (instead of having them within the gauge code).

As for the graphic card, my two cents on this controversial (off) topic:
    - I am not sure this is the root cause for this problem, and since you get good frame rates except from the "freezing" moments - I believe it is not.
    - More in general, it is a fact that in FSX CPU speed is usually the bottleneck for FSX, rather than GPU power. Switching from a 660 to, say, a 1060-1070 will not bring the same frame-rate improvement in FSX you will get in any other videogame (that being said I have a 1080)
    - P3Dv3 makes a better use of a higher end graphics card, although a lot still happens thru the CPU.
    ...but I will not discuss this anymore.

Dino thanks, I will give that a try this weekend.
    I don't want to start an age old discussion on fsx performance !

Dino do you have any plans for further aircraft? Would love to see a decent mig 29 one day for fsx

Dino do you have any plans for further aircraft? Would love to see a decent mig 29 one day for fsx
    I thought I read Dino was going to look into a Cessna 172 next??? Just kidding, +1 here for a Dino built Mig-anything.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 3