http://secure.simmarket.com/indiafox...-fsx-p3d.phtml
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Awesome news. I have been waiting for this. It's late here now, but I'll get it now and fly tomorrow.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Purchased and downloading in progress !

Downloaded and had quick spin. Certainly is the best Typhoon available and I like what I've seen so far. There are a few errors and things that don't work properly but I have faith that Dino will sort them out when he gets time. Does anyone know where the paintkit is though? Doesn't seem to come with the aircraft.

I could try it as well in a short test flight.
    The first shocking thing was how smooth the FPS were. This plane has almost no hit on the FPS (compared to other planes), and this is quite a very good surprise.
    The load manager refused to show me some AASRAM, but this might be because my TacPack is not updated to the latest version (because I'm still using P3D 3.3.5...).
    The mirrors reflections toggled ON or OFF by a simple click are PERFECT.
    I couldn't explore the instruments much yet, but so far I am extremely pleased with my purchase. Thank you, Dino !

I'm currently working on a fictional F-15E scheme for.this...being part of the beta was a blast Dino is a first class developer and very easy to work with. So many great improvements and additions were made. His work made me a HUGE FAN of this aircraft. Our online squad is moving to use it for mission ready status.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Simmarket site seems to be down, at least I can't reach it

Ian

What a nice plane. Just got it from simmarket. Fantastic work Dino

Greetings
    Klaus

Thanks for the appreciation guys! I can tell you that this one has been a huge effort... I am glad you like it!

Purchased it in the afternoon and haven't stopped flying since! Thanks for another beauty Dino!

Randy

Just did some training above the North Sea on IVAO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-4-1_20-59-35-49.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    A great plane, Dino! And so much detail. Thank you for all your hard work!

Dino this is one great add on! I do however have a couple of questions as they don't seem to be mentioned in the Manual.

• Smoke winder activation, how is this performed?
    • FLIR/Targeting pod, can you control where this is targeting, IE in the VRS F/A-18 you can move the curser using the Keyboard Arrows and then Enter to a new target?

Regarding the Canard/Flaperon controls statement on Facebook I made, I have found another video https://youtu.be/zc4G8xkEpHc that shows both the rear control surfaces on take off. You can also make out on the 2nd aircraft when its pitching up vertically the canard looks to be pitching down.

On this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-LScvGHhzU at 11:45 this shows an aborted take off, the canards point down and the rear controls are up.
    Another video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4QniDXrYcg but in cockpit, not much canard movement in flight, worth watching through but the landing is at the end which shows the movement on landing.

I have been trying to find videos that show the canard movements through the flight envelope but it just seems sparse. I suspect there is either something in the software that detects Throttle closure while Weight on Wheels and sets the control surfaces as such?

Hi Dano,

sorry for the loads of videos, hopefully we can get all the information for the canards.

This video is a bit of the last one posted but with more included, IE high 8G manoeuvre with the canards pitching opposite but with the voice over of the speeds and G's for each manoeuvre.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT7qrYi8R_M

@All, I am glad you guys like the Eurofighter... as I said it is a very complex project by my standards, so, despite the careful testing, the presence of bugs and imperfections is almost granted. I will try to improve the project over time.

@Chris

Thanks for the videos - I knew them, but evidently I had not watched them as carefully as you did!
    A major difficulty in developing the Typhoon is that, albeit you can find some documentation on the Internet (like the T1 Avionics manual and the FGR4 checklists), most of the information is still classified - and some details are unclear. I also had the help Eurofighter ground crew members and even with that some details (like the exact control surface schedule) are still unsorted.

In reply to your questions:
    - Smoke activation: if you have Tacpack, the trigger will toggle smokes on/off. If you don't the wheel brake control toggles the smoke on/off but only in the air (I assumed that most people that do not have Tacpack have the brakes mapped to the stick trigger) . Both controls work regardless of the PoF.
    - Currently it is not possible to control the LDP direction. It will point to the designated A/S target. I am looking to add this function to both the Typhoon and the F-35 in future, but it is not super-easy.

Hi Dino,

Thanks for the responses to the questions and good to hear your working on trying to implement the controls.

I am interested in the airplane but i have no tacpack, i fly The plane than always in clean config right?

@McQueen79

The aicraft starts in the "aerobatic" configuration - the aicraft is fully flyable without Tacpack, but the avionics presentation (as in real life) is heavily geared towards air combat - and without Tacpack the air to air radar will not work. So you can basically fly only aerobatic demos or navigation (the navigation system is fully working without VRSTP).

Really nice to fly once you get used it to. Really great job Dino!!

Typhoon1 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
    Typhoon3 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
    Typhoon4 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr

2 Thumbs up Dino... awesome aircraft
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

This is such a well done plane, I can't stop flying.

But I've hit one small problem. Since no one else has mentioned, it's probably something on my end.

If I choose to load the pilot's right hand external fuel tank and try to fill ("add fuel") through Tacpack, nothing happens,
    the tank stays empty, there's no increase in fuel or payload weight on the Tacpack screen, and the tank shows as empty
    on the plane's MHDD fuel display.

The two other external tanks, center and pilot's left hand, fill as normal, fuel weight and payload weight increase on the
    Tackpack screen, and the tanks show as full, and subsequently as being used, on the fuel display.

Am I doing something wrong or leaving out a step somewhere for the right hand external tank?

I'm using box FSX+Acc; my Tackpack is up to date.

Thanks again for a great aircraft! - Rob

@RobM

I have verified the code and there is indeed a small bug so that the right tank will not fill up with the "add fuel" option. It will be fixed in the first update. In the meantime, you can use the "refuel and repair" option which will fill all the tanks -sorry for the inconvenience!

I'm also enjoying that plane quite a lot, even though I need to read the manual to understand some of the commands I couldn't find until now.
    I wanted to try to drop some LGBs but I understand the commands to giude the laser are missing for now, and will be added later, so no problems for that.
    What about the commands for the radar cursor ? Are they missing as well ? I didn't have time to test that yet.

I have noticed a few problems as well, but some of them might be due to my lack of manual reading :P
    For example, the APU switch seems to have no effects (no sounds).
    Also, the FLIR switch didn't turn the laser camera OFF, so even though all switches were in the OFF position in the lower right side of the cockpit, the FLIR image was still displayed on the MFD.

Finally, the warning system seems to be a bit strict. Is it really impossible to taxi with open canopy ? Same with the MASS warning, which prevents me from flying in SAFE position. I have to switch it to ARM else the warning comes back every 10 seconds or so. Is it supposed to be like that ?

Members who have read this thread: 4