A Humble Request - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Humble Request

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    It is a shame that the many of us who still use FSX because we cannot afford to buy new computers to run LM V4 are being excluded by developers. Guess this is another aircraft I will not be adding to my hanger after waiting for it for so long. Am I upset? you bet.
    If your PC runs FSX, it will run p3d.

P3d offers you much greater control over the sim visually, and is much more optimised even for "outdated" hardware.

Give it a try.

Lockheed Martin P3DV4.x

I have not been to their website in months. Certainly since they released their 4.5+. When I was there using their checker I was told I could only run V1, V2 and V3 NOT V4. By LM's software. I did not see the advantage of spending money for another 32 bit program that I could not see enough of a difference between FSX with orBX which I have a lot of.

If I can run it, I have Windows 7 64bit OS, I would certainly welcome its advantages providing that I can still run all the FSX add-ons that I spent much on. Thank you for your input and yes Bazaar I agree with you about price being way too much for people to want to spend being no advantage. IF many cannot run V4.5 though an alternative would be NOT one plane for multiple platforms but two versions if the market warrants much like back when there were FS9 and FSX versions of the same aircraft and in some cases still are. Thank you for your advice.

UPDATE: My laptop processor does NOT have the minimum requirements to run LM P3DV4. Their minimum processor speed they say is 2.2GhZ and mine is 1.70 GhZ. Since they have no trial period then this is a NO GO for me. Yes progress moves on and for me FSX it is to fly. Now if anyone out there is running P3DV4.5 on a 1.7GhZ processor I would love to hear here that you are successful because ALL my other specs meet their minimums to run.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have not been to their website in months. Certainly since they released their 4.5+. When I was there using their checker I was told I could only run V1, V2 and V3 NOT V4. By LM's software. I did not see the advantage of spending money for another 32 bit program that I could not see enough of a difference between FSX with orBX which I have a lot of.

If I can run it, I have Windows 7 64bit OS, I would certainly welcome its advantages providing that I can still run all the FSX add-ons that I spent much on. Thank you for your input and yes Bazaar I agree with you about price being way too much for people to want to spend being no advantage. IF many cannot run V4.5 though an alternative would be NOT one plane for multiple platforms but two versions if the market warrants much like back when there were FS9 and FSX versions of the same aircraft and in some cases still are. Thank you for your advice.

UPDATE: My laptop processor does NOT have the minimum requirements to run LM P3DV4. Their minimum processor speed they say is 2.2GhZ and mine is 1.70 GhZ. Since they have no trial period then this is a NO GO for me. Yes progress moves on and for me FSX it is to fly. Now if anyone out there is running P3DV4.5 on a 1.7GhZ processor I would love to hear here that you are successful because ALL my other specs meet their minimums to run.
    Ok I understand. You're running a laptop. Then sorry you arent going to be able to get p3d v4 to run at anything other than at a single frame frame rate. I have tried. I am running a 2.2 ghz laptop with a radeon 6600 M with 8gb ram. ( full disclosure I now run linux with xplane on it and rarely play x-plane, normally WH40k ) but I got 4 fps with our electra ( the stock one ) which is middle of the road and far lower spec than the sabreliner is going to be.

I dont think there are many that cant run p3d ( laptop users withstanding ). There are a few who dont want to, however (and this is going to sound harsh ) they are also not likely to want to spend the coin that a developer would charge. See even if it is for a previous simulator, the time/effort/skillsets required to make it will be the same - if not more - therefore the price will be the same as the P3d version. And there is this odd notion that because the sim is so old the pricing for addons for that sim should also be low. A bit like what is happening on steam right now with FSX:SE. The addons cost more than the sim and wow the community on there is certainly vocal about it!

So the return on investment is such that it simply doesnt make sense.Which is why i see FSX having a resurgence in freeware authors, like what has happened in FS2004. As payware devs switch focus more people come in to fill that vacuum. So in the end FSX actually starts to get more content and at a price point no-one can disagree with ! Win-win situation.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Ok I understand. You're running a laptop. Then sorry you arent going to be able to get p3d v4 to run at anything other than at a single frame frame rate. I have tried. I am running a 2.2 ghz laptop with a radeon 6600 M with 8gb ram. ( full disclosure I now run linux with xplane on it and rarely play x-plane, normally WH40k ) but I got 4 fps with our electra ( the stock one ) which is middle of the road and far lower spec than the sabreliner is going to be.

I dont think there are many that cant run p3d ( laptop users withstanding ). There are a few who dont want to, however (and this is going to sound harsh ) they are also not likely to want to spend the coin that a developer would charge. See even if it is for a previous simulator, the time/effort/skillsets required to make it will be the same - if not more - therefore the price will be the same as the P3d version. And there is this odd notion that because the sim is so old the pricing for addons for that sim should also be low. A bit like what is happening on steam right now with FSX:SE. The addons cost more than the sim and wow the community on there is certainly vocal about it!

So the return on investment is such that it simply doesnt make sense.Which is why i see FSX having a resurgence in freeware authors, like what has happened in FS2004. As payware devs switch focus more people come in to fill that vacuum. So in the end FSX actually starts to get more content and at a price point no-one can disagree with ! Win-win situation.
    I was not very confident that all of a sudden V4.5 would be able to run any more than any of the other V4 versions of P3D. I hope that the freeware developers WILL step up and fill the void. A great example of a fantastic AND FREE addon a long time and much efforts in the making is Manfred Jahn and teams C47. It shows how very talented people can collaborate to produce fantastic addons for FSX that we who are tied to it from financial constraints can still enjoy super addons. I very successfully run Carenado addons on FSX with addon airports and still tolerable fps and no VAS problems at all on the ACER.
    I was also able to run A2A unless we had 10-12 B-17s all at once in Join FS then I did get lags but they were overcome with the "Follow" just difficult to hold formation not any problem flying the aircraft. My laptop I feel is a great machine. Sure its 3 years old now but I'm a lot older than that. I have a pair of matched ones purchased when the old Dell desktop died with the purpose when I was teaching aviation using FSX (started with FS9) of two students sharing the cockpit with no equipment lags. Matched monitors too. It worked really great with the aircraft that co-operated.

Just as a heads up AF Scrub has released an FSX Native version of Mike Stone's T-39 over at Simviation this morning. Going to giver her a try here in a bit.

Members who have read this thread: 0