A Humble Request
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Humble Request

A Humble Request

There is an airplane that I believe has been overlook and would be an excellent candidate for being developed, at the very least, as freeware. However I would gladly entertain a payware version as well as long as it wasn't from the A2A Stables. I am talking about the North American/Rockwell Sabreliner. The only one I am aware of that has been built for Flight Sim was done by Kazunori Ito.. .a fine model but lacks a VC. The airplane has seen a long and prestigious history as a proficiency trainer and Utility aircraft for the Air Force, Navy and Marines. Many were also produced for the Civilian market and I have personally seen several that were used as test bed aircraft for any number of oddities bolted to it's airframe. I think it would be a popular aircraft and so any developer who has nothing on their plate at the moment (I can't imagine there are any. . .but) give this airplane a look and see if it's something you can get excited about, enough to build it to completion.

I would make one other request. If you intend to chime in and post, please make it about this aircraft and not another you'd "rather" see developed. We've had more than enough of those wish list threads and I'd like to keep the focus on the Sabreliner. Thanks.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    That would be nice. I had a close friend in the Navy that let me fly the Sabreliner he was PIC of, and it was wonderful experience. We had a six hour flight together and he showed me all the nuances of that wonderful aircraft. Unlike Falcon I would love to see A2A take this on...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    That would be nice. I had a close friend in the Navy that let me fly the Sabreliner he was PIC of, and it was wonderful experience. We had a six hour flight together and he showed me all the nuances of that wonderful aircraft. Unlike Falcon I would love to see A2A take this on...
    Ted
    My reason for not wanting A2A aircraft is that they have left me behind due to their pricing. They build exquisite aircraft but are far more detailed and system intensive than I require for my type of flying. I understand the increased prices, but they are no longer affordable.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    There is an airplane that I believe has been overlook and would be an excellent candidate for being developed, at the very least, as freeware. However I would gladly entertain a payware version as well as long as it wasn't from the A2A Stables. I am talking about the North American/Rockwell Sabreliner. The only one I am aware of that has been built for Flight Sim was done by Kazunori Ito.. .a fine model but lacks a VC. The airplane has seen a long and prestigious history as a proficiency trainer and Utility aircraft for the Air Force, Navy and Marines. Many were also produced for the Civilian market and I have personally seen several that were used as test bed aircraft for any number of oddities bolted to it's airframe. I think it would be a popular aircraft and so any developer who has nothing on their plate at the moment (I can't imagine there are any. . .but) give this airplane a look and see if it's something you can get excited about, enough to build it to completion.

I would make one other request. If you intend to chime in and post, please make it about this aircraft and not another you'd "rather" see developed. We've had more than enough of those wish list threads and I'd like to keep the focus on the Sabreliner. Thanks.

Ed, I echo your request. I only had a brief encounter with T-39s, which was a ride in one..from NAS Cecil Field to NAS Orleans, way back in 1984. Went to New Orleans Navy Manpower Center to assist in planning for needed manning of VFA-106, as it was getting ready to receive aircraft for the first time. The Saberliner is a super nice aircraft! And a quality freeware version would be most awesome! NC

I agree - the Sabreliner would be nice. I think Mike Stone made one years ago. The other I would like to see is the Lockheed Jetstar. Both VERY cool aircraft.

Don

Would love to see a good Sabreliner. Worked on one for 2 years at Hurlburt Field, FL in the early 70's. Flew on them more than once on hops from here to there. Truly a nice little jet.

The Old Master Sergeant

Count me as another arm chair pilot missing a T-39 from my hangar of US Navy trainers.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    As I recall a Sabreliner was Mr. Goldfinger's personal mount of choice, flown by Miss Galore of course. Belonged to "Auric Enterprises." All interior trim in gold.

SSI01 that was a Jet-Star

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    My reason for not wanting A2A aircraft is that they have left me behind due to their pricing. They build exquisite aircraft but are far more detailed and system intensive than I require for my type of flying. I understand the increased prices, but they are no longer affordable.
    I hear ya Falcon, I haven't bought anything from A2A for years...too expensive for a guy on SS, but a Saberliner I would save for!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Pitched the idea to Flysimware a few months ago, but got no reply.

In the meantime, you may daydream over this rendition:
    https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/a...-with-interior

Note, however, that a textured mesh doesn't mean that the model is ready for Flight Simulator. It lacks optimizations, animations, a working cockpit, sound and systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Pitched the idea to Flysimware a few months ago, but got no reply.

In the meantime, you may daydream over this rendition:
    https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/a...-with-interior

Note, however, that a textured mesh doesn't mean that the model is ready for Flight Simulator. It lacks optimizations, animations, a working cockpit, sound and systems.
    Thanks Bjoern, even as it sits she is a beauty. Daydreaming in progress, lol

Current System Specs:

Still holding out hope this will be done by someone! NC

Pretty sure if you scroll back a couple of pages in the forum, Aeroplane Heaven recently announced the production of a Sabre liner for FSX ...... long overdue in my books !

she's no N3N...but I guess the early bizjets are alright..

THIS guy thought they were cool, and he was never wrong
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Ummm has anyone been to our place recently? Here's the original thread from January:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Sabre-rattling

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sabre4.jpg   Sabre5.jpg   Sabre3.jpg   Sabre2.jpg   Sabre1.jpg  

Sorry, just realised this is an old thread. Just ignore me and I'll go away...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Sorry, just realised this is an old thread. Just ignore me and I'll go away...
    It may be an old thread, but Navy Chief re-animated it. I'm sure he appreciates your pics...

Time for a progress report ?

The Sabreliner is progressing well but probably not in the direction some of you will like. After much thought and in light of recent anouncements etc. we have taken the decision to develop the NA Sabreliner for P3DV4+ only. This decision is not taken lightly but the workload in PBR workflow materials and techniques and the opportunites offered by the P3DV4+ simulator make better use of our time. We will not rule out FSX/P3D completely but it is looking unlikely.

P3d v4+

It is a shame that the many of us who still use FSX because we cannot afford to buy new computers to run LM V4 are being excluded by developers. Guess this is another aircraft I will not be adding to my hanger after waiting for it for so long. Am I upset? you bet.

It has nothing to do with "affording new computers". My own computer is 4 years old and runs both FSX and P3D (oh and XPlane11) It is not high end and frankly could do with a refresh. However it will run P3DV4+ without incident now that 4.5 is patched, with several ORBX additions to boot. The point is, the simulation world is changing, much as it did when FS9 became FSX and people didn't like that either, maintaining that developers should support both platforms. The fact is that commercially, trying to build for several platforms is suicidal. Many devs will go this way as they realise the same thing - several already have. I have not at anytime said we would not build for FSX but with new sims on the horizon and P3D evolving the way it is, the writing is on the wall. To build a complex project like the Sabreliner for multiple platforms would see us asking prices that frankly, you wouldn't like either.

"It is a shame that the many of us who still use FSX because we cannot afford to buy new computers to run LM V4 are being excluded by developers. Guess this is another aircraft I will not be adding to my hanger after waiting for it for so long. Am I upset? you bet."

Progress happens and it waits for no man.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    It is a shame that the many of us who still use FSX because we cannot afford to buy new computers to run LM V4 are being excluded by developers. Guess this is another aircraft I will not be adding to my hanger after waiting for it for so long. Am I upset? you bet.
    You havent been waiting for it for so long. Baz posted untextured un-mapped renders 5-6 months ago. It is going well. I wonder if you really understand the timelines involved.

Members who have read this thread: 0