X-Plane 11 Beta IS OVER! Final changes before regular update

Thread: X-Plane 11 Beta IS OVER! Final changes before regular update

Blog Entries

X-Plane 11 Beta IS OVER! Final changes before regular update

Hello there!
    Laminar Research is happy to announce X-Plane 11 is now final, and out of beta testing! And this month we're starting a new feature on outstanding Gateway airports, along with our regular tips and add-ons.

X-Plane 11 beta period is over

X-Plane 11 is out of beta testing and is now an official full release. This means it should be fairly stable and feature complete, and the Laminar Research team will get started working on more improvements and features for the first free update. In addition, X-Plane 11 is now available to purchase through Steam and DVDs will be coming shortly. You can also buy pro-use USB keys and digital download licenses here.
    Tips and Tricks

Adjusting settings in the Weight, Balance and Fuel window in X-Plane 11 can completely change the aircraft's behavior. You can see how much harder it is to take off when overweight, change the center of gravity, or adjust how long you can fly before running out of fuel.
    To see all these features in action, check out this video on the weight, balance and fuel screen in X-Plane 11.

Don't forget you can check out all the previous installments on the X-Plane YouTube channel.
    Watch the tutorials

Featured Add Ons

Payware

Goodway 5 is a 64-bit flight planning plugin that is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems running X-Plane 10 or 11. It automatically creates flight plans and sends the data to the X-Plane FMS or GPS, and it also functions as a search tool for the map.

Freeware

For a complete change of pace, grab this Skyship 600 and take a blimp for a spin! This airship made its first appearance in 1984 and only a total of 10 were ever built. Make sure you check out the instructions on the download page for this unique flight experience.

Gateway Airports

Laminar Research is on a mission to get top notch Gateway submissions for the world's busiest airports. The latest submissions include:

KJFK is already shipping with X-Plane 11, but the others will be coming in future updates so you'll get this amazing scenery without having to do a thing.

Happy flying!
    -- The X-Plane Team
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

'fairly stable'

Just has me brimming over with confidence
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    I still can't run it even with a new video card upgrade. I'm gonna have to upgrade my CPU and motherboard..maybe late summer. However XP 10 runs like a champ, but I'm greedy I guess I want the new world scenery! I'm still very content with FSX and especially all new and very detailed freeware that is out there. I doubt if I will ever give FSX up completely.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I am very skeptical that I would be able to run XP11 well, I have a pretty good CPU though an I5 not I7 but my Graphics card is only a Nvidea 660Ti. Haven't had XP since v6 which I hated compared to the then FS2000 (I think). It seemed that it was basically a DOS program in a Windows enviroment.
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

X-Plane 11 is excellent, but you will need a lot better CPU and video card being as you are very outdated. I have recently uninstalled P3d and FSX a long time ago.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

They have set a very high bar which counts me out how can a Intel Core i5 6600K be outdated? Graphics card I can accept but not being a Rockefeller I will stay with FSX.
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0