A question on AICarriers .NET (multiple instances)

Thread: A question on AICarriers .NET (multiple instances)

A question on AICarriers .NET (multiple instances)

I'm a long time user of AiCarriers2 (JAVA version), and because of some comment in various recent threads, I took the plunge and installed the .NET version.

By itself, the .NET version works flawlessly.
    I changed the path to the .NET version in EXE.dll, and it works fine when I select stuff from the FSX Addon menu.

However, one of the features with the JAVA version is, that you can launch (from the desktop) a second or more instance of the program.
    So that (from the FSX menu) you can select/control multiple "formations" seperately and independantly.
    I use that o.a. to move an object (via sling hoist) from one place (e.g. on land) to another (e.g. an AiCarriers-launched ship); both started independantly via AiCarriers, from the FSX menu.

But, with the .NET version, I can't get this to work.
    The first instance of AiCarriers starts up fine (when I start FSX) but if I try to run a second instance (from a desktop shortcut to the .NET AiCarriers.exe, or directly from its .NET folder) nothing happens. No new process shows up in the Windows Taskmanager.
    And I don't get a second instance of "AiShips" in the FSX Addon menu.

I tried every trick I can think of (Run as Admin, etc) .... but no show...

Any clues ??
    Has anyone done this successfully with the .NET version ?? (maybe it's just an incompatibilty between the JAVA and the .NET implementation ??)

I'm using Windows7, running FSX-Accel.

Thanks for any feedback ......

Rob

Yeah,Rob,I hear you,I have been trying to figure this out for sometime now,you could try to get a hold of the author of net aicarriers,I think his name is Orion,and,I believe he has an account here on SOH F.

If not here, I'll ask on the FSDT forums for you. He's a kinda BMOC (Big Man On Campus) over there, and there is a thread about AICarriers there. I'll see what I can dig up.
    If you want, I can post a link to the AICarrer thread...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Tried the Net version, noticed no difference in frame rates (on my Exxon office systems model 1989 'Valdez' electron leaker) but lamented the multiple instances vanishing, so, back to the tried and true javanator.

Thanks guys.
    So it appears to be not possible at present.
    Meaning I'll stick to the Java version for the time being.

Cheers, Rob

I haven't tried the Java version yet,but because you can run two versions of AIcarriers,I am going to give it a try,my question is can you have the net.AIcarriers,and,the Java version both installed at the same time?Thanks

my question is can you have the net.AIcarriers,and,the Java version both installed at the same time?Thanks
    Yes, just put each in their own folder, and start each separately, whether with the EXE.xml, or with a shortcut. Remember to always "Run As Admin".

lazarus
    Tried the Net version, noticed no difference in frame rates (on my Exxon office systems model 1989 'Valdez' electron leaker) but lamented the multiple instances vanishing, so, back to the tried and true javanator.
    No, no difference in FRAME RATES. Never claimed such. The difference is in the CPU cycles and RAM usage. The .NET version uses much less of each, thus freeing the CPU to run the Sim better.

Don't give up on the multiple instance situation. Orion may well come up some simple, obvious in hindsight, solution. I've posted the question about it over on the FSDT forums, in the AICarriers thread. Give Orion a chance to answer. He has a pretty busy real life, but he will get back eventually, I promise.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Thanks for the answers Pat,looking foward to maybe hearing back from Orion.

Pat, do u have to add 2 entries in the exe file in order to run 2 ai carriers ?

Bill

Charter Member 2015

Icon5 I need some help

I have installed as recommended (I hope) P3D still runs OK BUT I do not find how to start AICarriers :
    My App Data is
    C:\Users\Emile\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
    <SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>exe.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSForce</Name><Disabled>false</Disabled><ManualLoad>false</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\FSX Tools\FSForce 2\FSForce.exe</Path><CommandLine>/FS</CommandLine><NewConsole>true</NewConsole></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>AICarriers</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>F:\LM P3D\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

My Ai Carriers is in the P3D Folder
    with Conf.d
    aicarriers.cfg

AICarriers.exe

Whats is wrong, what is my error?
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Well, the exe.xml looks right. 90% of the time, it's the path in there that is the problem. I've found the easiest way to get it is to go to the AICarriers executable's location, and rclick on the path shown at the top of the Explorer page. Paste that in the <path> line of the exe.xml, and add \AICarriers.exe to the end. That way you know there are no spelling, capitalization, spaces, anything that could be in error. Like I say, it LOOKS right in the one you posted, buuuut...

Did you download and install the correct .NET Framework 4.0 Client ? There is a link in the Readme file to it. It requires this to be installed to function.

Do you have the correct FSUIPC installed and operational?

Do you have the correct legacy Simconnect installed and operational?

If nothing else, take a read through this thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...c,11293.0.html
    Others using P3D have had similar troubles, and Orion has always seemed to have gotten them up and running.

By the way, did you try manually starting AICarriers? Rclick on it, and choose Run As Administrator. Does it start for you, and show up in the Add On menu in P3d?
    Just a "double check" to make sure it starts and runs for you. THEN we work on making it automatic
    Let me know if anything helps
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Charter Member 2015

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Well, the exe.xml looks right. 90% of the time, it's the path in there that is the problem. I've found the easiest way to get it is to go to the AICarriers executable's location, and rclick on the path shown at the top of the Explorer page. Paste that in the <path> line of the exe.xml, and add \AICarriers.exe to the end. That way you know there are no spelling, capitalization, spaces, anything that could be in error. Like I say, it LOOKS right in the one you posted, buuuut...

Did you download and install the correct .NET Framework 4.0 Client ? There is a link in the Readme file to it. It requires this to be installed to function.

Do you have the correct FSUIPC installed and operational?

Do you have the correct legacy Simconnect installed and operational?

If nothing else, take a read through this thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...c,11293.0.html
    Others using P3D have had similar troubles, and Orion has always seemed to have gotten them up and running.

By the way, did you try manually starting AICarriers? Rclick on it, and choose Run As Administrator. Does it start for you, and show up in the Add On menu in P3d?
    Just a "double check" to make sure it starts and runs for you. THEN we work on making it automatic
    Let me know if anything helps
    Pat☺

Hello PAT
    Thanks answering,

1/ I think that my path is correct (quadruple check) It does NOT Show in the addon menu in P3D but when manually start it (AICarriers.exe) a small icon is visible at the bottom of the monitor and when I click on it it says "AICarriers(1.0.0.0.) connected to LM P3d " but not available in the ADD on menu.
    2/ I have the simconnect installed by P3D 3.0.0.13948
    3/ My FSUIPC is 4.964f

Recommendations?
    Thanks in advance
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Members who have read this thread: 0