B26B FSX Native Marauder Painters Release Beta 1.0 - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718
Results 426 to 438 of 438

Thread: B26B FSX Native Marauder Painters Release Beta 1.0

  1. #426
    GREAT model and paints! THANK YOU Mister Milton
    The only little bug is that switching off the battery the crew don't
    disappear
    The more you do, the less you dream

  2. #427
    Members + MrZippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sam Clam's Disco, Calif.
    Age
    68
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    GREAT model and paints! THANK YOU Mister Milton
    The only little bug is that switching off the battery the crew don't
    disappear
    I thought I noticed that the crew becomes animated when the battery is switched on. Could just be my imagination
    Charlie the balldude (Bald Dude) guy! Why do you think I wear a hat?

  3. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    GREAT model and paints! THANK YOU Mister Milton
    The only little bug is that switching off the battery the crew don't
    disappear
    Yes Sir; they seem to love the aircraft so much that at times, they refuse to leave. What can I say ;-)

    I'll look into that; slipped through the cracks for me. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9 Modeler Hack

    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners My Uploads on SOH

  4. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Yes Sir; they seem to love the aircraft so much that at times, they refuse to leave. What can I say ;-)

    I'll look into that; slipped through the cracks for me. Thanks
    Ok!
    The other thing I've forgotten to ask you is how the nose gear steering works...
    I haven't well figured out if it is slaved to differential breaking operations ( it seems so) or not. I do manage to steer the aircraft
    on the ground but with difficult...
    The more you do, the less you dream

  5. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Ok!
    The other thing I've forgotten to ask you is how the nose gear steering works...
    I haven't well figured out if it is slaved to differential breaking operations ( it seems so) or not. I do manage to steer the aircraft
    on the ground but with difficult...
    The nose gear is "castoring" as in RW.
    Steering is by differential braking and engine control.
    Works best at slow taxi speeds.
    I'll check CoG placement to ensure there is not too much weight on that nose gear.

    You can change steering control by changing contact point.0 like so:

    Current: point.0= 1, 17.091, 0.000, -8.284, 1800, 0, 1.375, 180.00, 0.393, 2.500, 0.900, 5.000, 6.000, 0, 150.3, 236.4 // castoring

    New: point.0= 1, 17.091, 0.000, -8.284, 1800, 0, 1.375, 040.00, 0.393, 2.500, 0.900, 5.000, 6.000, 0, 150.3, 236.4 // Rudder pedal controlled

    EDIT: Upon review, I see I am carrying too much weight on the nose gear and that makes castoring steering more difficult. i will adjust that. It's not a CoG issue but one of the model's reference is too far forward making the main gear a little too far back placing more weight on the nose gear. Affects steering and liftoff rotation.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 10th, 2018 at 08:46.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9 Modeler Hack

    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners My Uploads on SOH

  6. #431
    Members + MrZippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sam Clam's Disco, Calif.
    Age
    68
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Ok!
    The other thing I've forgotten to ask you is how the nose gear steering works...
    I haven't well figured out if it is slaved to differential breaking operations ( it seems so) or not. I do manage to steer the aircraft
    on the ground but with difficult...
    In your aircraft.cfg under [contact points] point.0= look at the eighth number(180.00) and change it to something like 65.00

    That should enable the nose wheel steering.

    You type faster than me, Milton!
    Charlie the balldude (Bald Dude) guy! Why do you think I wear a hat?

  7. #432
    Keep in mind that this beta version (and all the changes people want to make right away) is going to be replaced soon, and your changes will be undone.

    I have a long list of changes already in progress and more to be done. Do not invest heavily in the Beta release; it's going to change a lot.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9 Modeler Hack

    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners My Uploads on SOH

  8. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Keep in mind that this beta version (and all the changes people want to make right away) is going to be replaced soon, and your changes will be undone.

    I have a long list of changes already in progress and more to be done. Do not invest heavily in the Beta release; it's going to change a lot.
    THANK YOU for the quick answer!!!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

  9. #434
    I am speechless. I am without speech! She is a beauty! The artisans here at SOH never cease to amaze me at how they come together to craft these
    great a/c. Huzzahs to all!

    "Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

  10. #435

    Interior

    it's kinda hard to appreciate the full beauty of the Interior - a pity on this kind of art!

    what about some camera-views like in . . .




    BTW - wouldn't it be great, to have something like a moving map on the navigators table?
    Is it possible to have a [Vcockpit02] for the navigators table? - just asking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

  11. #436
    Hi all,

    I was tooling around in this bad boy last night and happened to notice that the tyre on the nosewheel rotates in the opposite direction to the wheel. Apart from that, biffo!

    Mike

  12. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Case View Post
    it's kinda hard to appreciate the full beauty of the Interior - a pity on this kind of art!

    what about some camera-views like in . . .




    BTW - wouldn't it be great, to have something like a moving map on the navigators table?
    Is it possible to have a [Vcockpit02] for the navigators table? - just asking
    Thanks, camera views will be added.

    Negative on the moving maps. Sorry.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9 Modeler Hack

    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners My Uploads on SOH

  13. #438
    SOH-CM-2017 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,278
    Bump Maps for my paint kit of Milton Shupe's FSX B-26 have now been added to my paint kit downloads in the SOH Library. These were supposed to have been included with the initial upload of my paint kits but I made a SNAFU! My apologies for that.

    For those of you who have already downloaded my paint kit without the bumps here's a link for just the bump files.

    Duckies B-26 Bump Maps.zip
    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

Members who have read this thread: 349

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •