GREAT model and paints! THANK YOU Mister Milton
    The only little bug is that switching off the battery the crew don't
    disappear
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    disappear
    I thought I noticed that the crew becomes animated when the battery is switched on. Could just be my imagination
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

disappear
    Yes Sir; they seem to love the aircraft so much that at times, they refuse to leave. What can I say ;-)

I'll look into that; slipped through the cracks for me. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Yes Sir; they seem to love the aircraft so much that at times, they refuse to leave. What can I say ;-)

I'll look into that; slipped through the cracks for me. Thanks
    Ok!
    The other thing I've forgotten to ask you is how the nose gear steering works...
    I haven't well figured out if it is slaved to differential breaking operations ( it seems so) or not. I do manage to steer the aircraft
    on the ground but with difficult...

Ok!
    The other thing I've forgotten to ask you is how the nose gear steering works...
    I haven't well figured out if it is slaved to differential breaking operations ( it seems so) or not. I do manage to steer the aircraft
    The nose gear is "castoring" as in RW.
    Steering is by differential braking and engine control.
    Works best at slow taxi speeds.
    I'll check CoG placement to ensure there is not too much weight on that nose gear.

You can change steering control by changing contact point.0 like so:

Current: point.0= 1, 17.091, 0.000, -8.284, 1800, 0, 1.375, 180.00, 0.393, 2.500, 0.900, 5.000, 6.000, 0, 150.3, 236.4 // castoring

New: point.0= 1, 17.091, 0.000, -8.284, 1800, 0, 1.375, 040.00, 0.393, 2.500, 0.900, 5.000, 6.000, 0, 150.3, 236.4 // Rudder pedal controlled

EDIT: Upon review, I see I am carrying too much weight on the nose gear and that makes castoring steering more difficult. i will adjust that. It's not a CoG issue but one of the model's reference is too far forward making the main gear a little too far back placing more weight on the nose gear. Affects steering and liftoff rotation.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 10th, 2018 at 07:46.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ok!
    In your aircraft.cfg under [contact points] point.0= look at the eighth number(180.00) and change it to something like 65.00

That should enable the nose wheel steering.

You type faster than me, Milton!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Keep in mind that this beta version (and all the changes people want to make right away) is going to be replaced soon, and your changes will be undone.

I have a long list of changes already in progress and more to be done. Do not invest heavily in the Beta release; it's going to change a lot.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Keep in mind that this beta version (and all the changes people want to make right away) is going to be replaced soon, and your changes will be undone.

I have a long list of changes already in progress and more to be done. Do not invest heavily in the Beta release; it's going to change a lot.
    THANK YOU for the quick answer!!!!

I am speechless. I am without speech! She is a beauty! The artisans here at SOH never cease to amaze me at how they come together to craft these
    great a/c. Huzzahs to all!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Interior

it's kinda hard to appreciate the full beauty of the Interior - a pity on this kind of art!

what about some camera-views like in . . .

BTW - wouldn't it be great, to have something like a moving map on the navigators table?
    Is it possible to have a [Vcockpit02] for the navigators table? - just asking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

Hi all,

I was tooling around in this bad boy last night and happened to notice that the tyre on the nosewheel rotates in the opposite direction to the wheel. Apart from that, biffo!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by J.Case View Post
    it's kinda hard to appreciate the full beauty of the Interior - a pity on this kind of art!

what about some camera-views like in . . .

BTW - wouldn't it be great, to have something like a moving map on the navigators table?
    Is it possible to have a [Vcockpit02] for the navigators table? - just asking
    Thanks, camera views will be added.

Negative on the moving maps. Sorry.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Bump Maps for my paint kit of Milton Shupe's FSX B-26 have now been added to my paint kit downloads in the SOH Library. These were supposed to have been included with the initial upload of my paint kits but I made a SNAFU! My apologies for that.

For those of you who have already downloaded my paint kit without the bumps here's a link for just the bump files.

Duckies B-26 Bump Maps.zip
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Radioman123 View Post
    Milt:

I am looking at painting some of the 320 BG and 319 BG birds from the MTO.

There is a great web site with color pictures of a number of these birds: http://320thbg.org/

The factory version of the outside gun packages had 4 guns. The birds in the MTO usually removed the bottom two or all four. The no gun package is great for that. Is it possible to have a model with just the lower two removed?

I am looking at Miss Belle Ringer as an example of an interesting plane to paint.

Regards

Radioman123
    Radioman123 (and Crashaz),

You requested and I provided models with fewer gun pods, 1 upper set, and also a no pods variant.

Did you ever release those paints you planned, or were they for personal use only?

The reason I ask is, I have been maintaining these extra models in FSX and FS9 formats since they were requested, but have seen no paints for them.

It would be nice to include some paints for these models for the "Gold" release if you are willing. :-)

Thanks

EDIT: Just informed that Duckie has some 1-pod paint schemes, so that one is covered.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 28th, 2018 at 19:47.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

B-26B Paints

Thanks for asking, I have been sick with the flu which has put a damper on any hobby activities. I hope to get back to painting when this passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioman123 View Post
    Thanks for asking, I have been sick with the flu which has put a damper on any hobby activities. I hope to get back to painting when this passes.
    Thanks for taking the effort to respond.

Take good care and hope you are get over the flu soon.

Best wishes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

B26

The Martin machine was labeled the flying prostitute doe to the small wing loading, no visible means of support. However keep you speed up and she remains a lady. In combat the Marauder actually had a comparatively low loss rate. Neither the Marauder, the B-24 or the Super Fort had the huge forgiving wing of the B-17, but it was pointing the way to the future. Love flying these planes around engine out!

Members who have read this thread: 2