B26B FSX Native Marauder Painters Release Beta 1.0 - Page 10
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 9,390.00 USD (94%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 442

Thread: B26B FSX Native Marauder Painters Release Beta 1.0

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Radioman123 View Post
    Milt:

    I am looking at painting some of the 320 BG and 319 BG birds from the MTO.

    There is a great web site with color pictures of a number of these birds: http://320thbg.org/

    The factory version of the outside gun packages had 4 guns. The birds in the MTO usually removed the bottom two or all four. The no gun package is great for that. Is it possible to have a model with just the lower two removed?

    I am looking at Miss Belle Ringer as an example of an interesting plane to paint.



    Regards

    Radioman123
    Hi Radioman123, I will generate a model without the lower guns for you to paint this variant...

    Model Folder only attached.

    You must distribute the Model folder along with your paints.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    To all involved in this project; Great work! I have been following it since the first post and it has been very interesting to follow the progress. I'm very much looking forward to the finished package! And it looks like it will be lot of paints :-)

    Projects like this is something the SoH community is very good at and I'm hoping for many more to come!
    Thank you Jens, and yes, I agree and hope there are a ton of paints for this well represented bird.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  3. #228
    SOH-CM-2020 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Gentlemen,

    Here are replacement model folders that have adjustments to the prop hubs and antenna.

    See if these work better for you.
    Hey Milton, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this but RL cropped up it ugly head last week and I just now got the chance to scope these out. The prop hubs look great and the ADF antenna shadow is much better distributed. Thanks. I'll have an update screen shot or two with wings maybe by tonight after another chipped paint party!
    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  4. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hey Milton, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this but RL cropped up it ugly head last week and I just now got the chance to scope these out. The prop hubs look great and the ADF antenna shadow is much better distributed. Thanks. I'll have an update screen shot or two with wings maybe by tonight after another chipped paint party!
    Hi Steve; no problem; I have plenty things to keep me busy :-) Happy we got that sorted. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  5. #230

    MTO B-26Bs and gun packages

    Quote Originally Posted by Radioman123 View Post
    Milt:

    I am looking at painting some of the 320 BG and 319 BG birds from the MTO.

    There is a great web site with color pictures of a number of these birds: http://320thbg.org/

    The factory version of the outside gun packages had 4 guns. The birds in the MTO usually removed the bottom two or all four. The no gun package is great for that. Is it possible to have a model with just the lower two removed?

    I am looking at Miss Belle Ringer as an example of an interesting plane to paint.



    Regards

    Radioman123
    Milt

    Many thanks. I will put it to good use.

    Radioman123

  6. #231
    SOH-CM-2020 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,567
    Finally finished chipping paint on the wings. Took a while to get the leading edges to look OK. Lots of stretching going on there so it was go big or go home. Didn't look right going home so I went big! Need to do a little chipping on the H-tails then start on really messing up that paint with some streaking.



    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  7. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Finally finished chipping paint on the wings. Took a while to get the leading edges to look OK. Lots of stretching going on there so it was go big or go home. Didn't look right going home so I went big! Need to do a little chipping on the H-tails then start on really messing up that paint with some streaking.



    Steve,

    That is Amazing.... Your hard work really shows here.

  8. #233
    Duckie, having studied and done this weathering on models during my modelling days, I must say this looks extremely well done!

  9. #234
    Looks great Duckie.

  10. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Finally finished chipping paint on the wings. Took a while to get the leading edges to look OK. Lots of stretching going on there so it was go big or go home. Didn't look right going home so I went big! Need to do a little chipping on the H-tails then start on really messing up that paint with some streaking.
    Excellent Steve.

    One other area you might consider for some chipping is the gun pods. See attached.
    One picture shows, in spite of the up front chipping, the hstabs look pretty much pristine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gunpods2.jpg   gunpods1.jpg   gunpods3.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  11. #236
    SOH-CM-2020 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Steve,

    That is Amazing.... Your hard work really shows here.
    Thanks very much Butch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Duckie, having studied and done this weathering on models during my modelling days, I must say this looks extremely well done!
    Thank you Dimus. I suspect there are quite a few of us who are experinced through our modeling days. It certainly comes in handy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Looks great Duckie.
    Much appreciated Moses.
    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  12. #237
    SOH-CM-2020 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Excellent Steve.

    One other area you might consider for some chipping is the gun pods. See attached.
    One picture shows, in spite of the up front chipping, the hstabs look pretty much pristine.
    Thanks for the suggestions Milton. To be sure the H- tails will be lightly weathered. As far as the gun pods, l'm going to give it another go but they are tougher than the wing leading edges. Most of the chipping I've tried there looks more like smears than chips but I'm not done yet.
    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  13. #238
    Looking really REALLY GOOD Steve!!!
    Commercial AS/MEL & Instrument
    Certified Airplane Nut

  14. #239
    Just when you think it couldn't look any better Steve puts up another pic. Great work.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD


  15. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions Milton. To be sure the H- tails will be lightly weathered. As far as the gun pods, l'm going to give it another go but they are tougher than the wing leading edges. Most of the chipping I've tried there looks more like smears than chips but I'm not done yet.
    Yes, I forgot about the angular mapping there Steve; may be better to leave it as is.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  16. #241
    Also, the aerodynamics of the airflow are such that the H-Stab is likely not going to chip as much as leading edge anyway. Look at Milton's 3rd photo. The H-Stab is virtually untouched.
    Commercial AS/MEL & Instrument
    Certified Airplane Nut

  17. #242
    SOH-CM-2020 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,567
    Thank you, Tom and Rick, for your encouragement.

    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Also, the aerodynamics of the airflow are such that the H-Stab is likely not going to chip as much as leading edge anyway. Look at Milton's 3rd photo. The H-Stab is virtually untouched.
    Agreed Rick. A closer look reveals some very small blemishes on the LEs and the big one on the starboard LE appears to be a patch. Also, There may be some hope yet with the gun pod chipping. The trick is working around the stretched areas and still make it look right. It'll get there, probably take few mulligans, but it'll get there.

    Out of pocket for the next couple days. So probably have some gun pod and h-tail updates by the weekend.
    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  18. #243
    SOH-CM-2020 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,567
    Gun pods and H-Tail paint chipping are done. Gun pods are as good as I can get them due some extreme stretching in several places.

    Now on to the final round of weathering by adding grime and oil streaking. Not long now before Punkin' will be ready.





    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  19. #244
    Any plans on doing a model with out guns and turrets?
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

  20. #245
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    61
    Posts
    7,795
    It look incredible Steve! Very well done It looks very natural, which is always difficult to achieve.

    Cheers,
    Huub

  21. #246
    SOH-CM-2020 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It look incredible Steve! Very well done It looks very natural, which is always difficult to achieve.

    Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanks very much Huub. Fortunately there are lots of examples of weathered and beat up B-26s to help with the rendering.
    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  22. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Any plans on doing a model with out guns and turrets?
    Hi John,

    No Sir; there are no plans to do a civilian version. Sorry.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  23. #248
    It looks like your team is making great progress! How much more is there to do before it will be ready to release?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

    I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

  24. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    It looks like your team is making great progress! How much more is there to do before it will be ready to release?
    The Marauder project, as you may recall, is an open project I released after doing my part of it. I continue support for any issues with the model or mapping.
    I did not have a team for the Marauder project start; just me.

    The project is now in the hands of anyone who wishes to paint it, modify it in any way, and release a full package as a finished project.

    The exterior textures these days have much more detail, and lots of more complex texturing options, so they require more time and effort.

    The artists who are working on paint schemes are not part of my team, but part of the SOH team who contribute their talents to the enjoyment of us all.

    With that said, there is not really a project coordination effort by me. Yes, I could volunteer to do that if desired or necessary.

    If anyone has completed interior (including panel and cockpit) and exterior textures and possibly other changes to sound, flight model, effects, gauges, whatever, and would like me to do the packaging and release, I would be happy to do that.

    Hope that helps clear any confusion.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  25. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Thanks very much Huub. Fortunately there are lots of examples of weathered and beat up B-26s to help with the rendering.
    Bringing her to life with the added realism, well done..!

Members who have read this thread: 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •