Very Exclusive Review of New Handley Page HP.137 Jetstream
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very Exclusive Review of New Handley Page HP.137 Jetstream

Very Exclusive Review of New Handley Page HP.137 Jetstream

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting my world exclusive review of Rick Piper's new freeware W.I.P. but full working add on aircraft called Handley Page HP.137 Jetstream by recreating Big Sky airline's real world flight from KBIL Billings Logan International Airport located two miles northwest of downtown Billings in Yellowstone County in Montana to KCPR Casper–Natrona County International Airport located 7 miles northwest of Casper, Wyoming.

Cool view of engine

Cool view of landing gear and engine

Passengers boarding the planes according to the seat numbers

Closing the passenger door

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 4 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of the exciting flight.

Here is the link: http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/th...dley-jetstream

For your fun commuter flights, I would recommend this freeware plane!!!

Thank you for viewing!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Very interesting. I had long thought this project was likely shelved due to Rick's personal/family needs (which all of us understood & support). It looks very good and hopefully we'll get a chance to fly it in the near future. Please keep us posted.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2020
    Very nice Aharon

Do you have a link to the aircraft download and texture please?

Thanks.

Pete

Seems it requires a login for flightsimworld to download. Never heard of them.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Anyone at all who has downloaded? I have log ins for both Toni's section as well as the main forum, yet clicking on the link in that thread reveals a third login requirement, would someone please shed some light on this?

Current System Specs:

What link are you trying to download from? I can't seem to find what you are talking about.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

Quote Originally Posted by ryapad View Post
    What link are you trying to download from? I can't seem to find what you are talking about.
    The link in this thread at the top of the page takes you to the HJG's Forums. The instant that page loads you are presented with an "authentication required" popup for flightsimworld. . .I assume to download the aircraft. I don't have anything for that website and actually if I Google that site and try to load it I'm greeted with the exact same "Authentication required" popup. Additionally, any link found in a search for that website when clicked renders the exact same results. . ."authentication required". You can't get into the bloody website and I've found no way to register for that same reason, it's like putting the cart before the horse.

PeteHam has also questioned where the link is to download. If it's on the flightsimworld.com site that seems to be a dead end, so how do you access the bloody site?

Current System Specs:

http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/ but I think you must be a member and even then it is in the forums (I think) because it is an unfinished Beta by RP
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

it is in fact in the forum (and yes, you have to be registered). It's in the New Releases and Support forum and has been released "as is".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, well, I know I was a member of that Forum however it no longer recognizes my login, so I had to register all over again. Part of the registration is to answer a question to eliminate any chance that I am a "bot". Most sites that I have seen this on simply require a check mark, thereby proving the requirement. Not this site though, no they require that you know little known facts about British aircraft, as in the specific registration for the only aircraft of a type to carry a Camo Scheme with the RAF. Really. . .do you people keep all these insignificant answers on flash cards or something? I apologize for my irreverence, but please, ask a question about flight, about a part of an aircraft, about a gauge. I looked up the first two questions and found what I assumed were the answers. . .on no. . .wrong answer, try again. . .and here's your next little known question. Sorry. . .I guess at least it's a good way to weed out those of us who are not British Aircraft aficionados. I did discover one little known fact though. . .I don't need this airplane as much as I thought I did. Bye!

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    STUNNING! Has Rick Piper ever done any less? I doubt it!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Attention everybody attention everybody attention everybody

The plane along with many liveries are available at the forums of Classic British Flight Sim at its hyperlink: http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/index.php

Just ignore weird pop in sign window by Flightsimworld. It is bug caused by flightsimworld. Just ignore it by closing it.

HJG has nothing to do with this plane. Do not even know why HJG comes up in this subject but hey they just released new BAE146 jets now!! Yes it is off topic. LOL

Falcon409, No need to give up!!! If the answer to question for sign up is hard, just use Google for answers. It is worth the effort to get all liveries and the plane plus plenty of tech support plus plenty of free education on history of British commercial aviation provided by forum members. It is GOLD MINE there!!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    . . . . .Falcon409, No need to give up!!! If the answer to question for sign up is hard, just use Google for answers. It is worth the effort to get all liveries and the plane plus plenty of tech support plus plenty of free education on history of British commercial aviation provided by forum members. It is GOLD MINE there!!

Regards,
    Aharon
    Please re-read my post above where I say that I googled the question, got what I thought was the correct answer and it was still wrong . . . .twice. I'm sorry but I'm not a Historian on British Aircraft and I won't spend endless time looking up answers that turn out to be "slightly incorrect", enough to kick out a "incorrect response". Sorry but the airplane isn't worth going through hoops to download.

Current System Specs:

The site has been trashed in the past so they're a little sensitive...downloading now
    The question I got was "What was the registration of the VC10 which flew in RAE Bedford colours" - google gives the answer as the first hit...
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    The site has been trashed in the past so they're a little sensitive...downloading now
    The question I got was "What was the registration of the VC10 which flew in RAE Bedford colours" - google gives the answer as the first hit...
    Cheers
    Keith
    Same "answer" I got (G-ATDJ). Wrong answer according the the Bot Checker

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Cheers
    Keith
    Yes, sure ! If you are not British you can't! What time shows my clock hidden? Short Belfast motor or what is the registration ....what is the color of my pants today?

JMC

The external model looks great and the VC panel is top notch but the seats, cockpit bulkhead, and other details are not modeled yet. If Rick ever gets to finish it in due time, there's no doubt it will be a superb model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Yes, sure ! If you are not British you can't! What time shows my clock hidden? Short Belfast motor or what is the registration ....what is the color of my pants today?

JMC
    lol, Exactly JMC. . .good one!

Current System Specs:

Falcon409,

If you give correct answer that the website deems to be incorrect, it means your web browser is blocking cookies. See what you can do to set your web browser to accept cookies from the British website.

Also, the owner of the British website is regular RIGHT here in this SOH forums. Ask him for assistance and he will help you.

When I had similar trouble registering into the SOH forums for same reason you are experiencing, I asked SOH owner and staff members for assistance. They helped me.

Regards,

Aharon

Ed.. send me a PM with your old username and email address and I'll reset your account.

ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2021
    Is this "Bash the Brits" week?

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    Is this "Bash the Brits" week?

Not at all, but this site needs to change its verification process. You shouldn't have to be an Aircraft Historian to get into a simple Forum.

Current System Specs:

Ed,

I see you've managed to get in and without my help The forum has been in pretty much the same format for the last 13years and I think the capcha has been changed once in that time and it was only changed then to block the ever increasing numbers of spambots getting through the more conventional registration option. It was, once upon a time, rather more than a simple forum
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Not at all, but this site needs to change its verification process. You shouldn't have to be an Aircraft Historian to get into a simple Forum.
    Agree 100%!
    I registered quite some time ago but (for some unfathomable reason) I can't log in now, and most of the 'verification' questions are so eclectic they are ridiculous!
    One might have a reference handy to look up an answer but really, as pointed out by falcon409, 'You shouldn't have to be an Aircraft Historian to get into a simple Forum', and a 'British Aircraft Historian' at that.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Your opinion duly noted Wombat. As for the verification questions, there are only 2 to my knowledge so I don't think 'most' is an appropriate word
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 1