JoinFS / Slingload Ops

Thread: JoinFS / Slingload Ops

JoinFS / Slingload Ops

After using the excellent utility JoinFS for a while and experimenting with the 'Broadcast' option to display AI Objects in a JoinFS session, I wondered if it would be possible to broadcast AI Objects as a slingload. After some experimenting, it is indeed possible in a JoinFS session.

Unfortunately the sling isn't visible, but you can see the load swinging around and the resulting hilarity as you fail to counteract the swing. The sling then snaps and the load flies off with an audible explosion and cloud of dust as it hits the ground...

Of course the Annti Pankonen / Dirk Fassbender autopilot calms down the slingload ops considerably and makes it possible to transport objects.

I have one irritating problem that you good folks here might be able to solve... In FSX Steam [both in a JoinFS session and "offline"], I'm unable to drop slingload objects on to a carrier, or any hardened platform for that matter. Just as the object touches the deck, there's the usual sound effect and dust effect confirming it's made contact. Then, the object slowly sinks through the deck. This didn't happen in the FSX Disc version. Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards, Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LoadTest[1].jpg   LoadTest[2].jpg   LoadTest[3].jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0