Suddenly unable to start aircraft motors

Thread: Suddenly unable to start aircraft motors

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Suddenly unable to start aircraft motors

Over the last 36 hours I have suddenly found that I am unable to start my aircraft. My default setting is 'Cold and Dark' with everything turned off.

I have lost the ability to be able to start using the key start on the Cessna or the overhead panel start up. I am hoping there is a simple answer as I don't relish the idea of having to reinstall P3D again. It has taken me several months to get it to where I was happy with the setup.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Make sure you have fuel and that the fuel is turned on. Sounds simple, but it has gotten me before.

Don

You don't have to reinstall your sim for such a simple problem, that wouldn't make sense.
    First of all, I would advise you to create a new default flight.
    Take a default simple aircraft (Cessna 172 or Baron, even better), start it with CTRL+E after checking its fuel load.
    Then switch it off, set all switches to off excepted the avionics and the mixture, and save your flight as default again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Make sure you have fuel and that the fuel is turned on. Sounds simple, but it has gotten me before.

Don
    Forgot about that one Don as usually the default aircraft has full fuel. Will go back and check. Thanks for the HU.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Daube is likely correct. Your default flight is probably corrupt. Delete ithe. As in delete the file in the location that it exists on your hard drive. Allow P3D to rebuild it from scratch. This sounds like your issue. When it's inexplicable and the engine won't start.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

It could be a battery somehow turned off, or trying to start with no fuel. Both of these have happened to me in the past.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

The no fuel thing has definitely gotten me before.
    Sue

Strange thing is when I created the default start location the fuel tanks were full but somehow when I start P3D the tanks are empty. Methinks I may need to set up security cameras .

On a more serious note I hate using CTRL+E as I have several JF aircraft that if you use CTRL+E you break the coding in the aircraft. As I haven't used my CH controls for a couple of weeks I think it is time to reset them.

Cheers
    Pat

You could always hand prop it Pat ! Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBtVG5tikAE

Members who have read this thread: 0