F-94B Starfire - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F-94B Starfire

bub

Glad your back. I did start converting the F-94 to FS04 but again I have no idea what I'm doing with Jet engines. I did finish the last 2 LODs for the model. The final aircraft will be uploaded as an FS2004 aircraft. It will include a CFS2 .mdl and .DP for any one to convert back to CFS2 if they wish.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Allen,

Email me a copy of the airfile and i'll take a look at it. This didn't have afterburn did it? If it didn't then all should go fine.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

My email won't send it so I'm attaching it. It is set up as an FS2004 aircraft. In FS2004 the engine has a power loss and it unable to climb to the 36,000 feet that the initial cruising has listed. A CFS2 model is included.

Attachment 49062

Got it. I'm looking through it now.

It is set for afterburn. So I'll look at making two different airfiles as AB won't work for CFS2 without using unlimited fuel.

I have to look at some old notes on jets before I start. I've forgotten a few things.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

I think the biggest problem with jets is what you just mentioned.

You either must set to unlimited fuel or do not use the warp function in missions.
    The warp function will result in a no fuel reading. Unless one of you guru greats
    can figure out a way around that.
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    The warp function will result in a no fuel reading. Unless one of you guru greats
    If the sim cheats you, cheat it back. Put a refuel gauge on your panel and gas up when you come out of warp.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    I think the biggest problem with jets is what you just mentioned.

You either must set to unlimited fuel or do not use the warp function in missions.
    So the FS98 jet engines work fine. The FS2k jet engines allow for afterburn. It is the afterburn that causes the warp bug. FS98 engines don't have afterburn. Thats why the Fox Four jets function fine. So my plan is to use one of the airfiles and see what I can do to get it working.

Allen,

I think its the FS98 engine that is causing the problem for FS2004 model. That maybe why you're loosing power. FS2004 uses the aircraft CFG more than CFS2 does. The T-33 airfile from Piglets model should work fine for it. Just adjust the weight and thrust to match.

Is there a way to model a drag chute. Maybe use the Tail hook to activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    If the sim cheats you, cheat it back. Put a refuel gauge on your panel and gas up when you come out of warp.
    I like the Idea of the refuel gauge. I was thinking of making a Tanker refuel mission. Basically you would have to fly formation with the tanker in the slot for X amount of time. You could then use the gauge to add fuel. I'll have to look at the event triggers and see if it can be done. I may need help to get all of them parts to work. It would work great for Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    So the FS98 jet engines work fine. The FS2k jet engines allow for afterburn. It is the afterburn that causes the warp bug. FS98 engines don't have afterburn. Thats why the Fox Four jets function fine. So my plan is to use one of the airfiles and see what I can do to get it working.

Allen,

I think its the FS98 engine that is causing the problem for FS2004 model. That maybe why you're loosing power. FS2004 uses the aircraft CFG more than CFS2 does. The T-33 airfile from Piglets model should work fine for it. Just adjust the weight and thrust to match.

Is there a way to model a drag chute. Maybe use the Tail hook to activate it.
    With FS98 jet engines I ran into the AI engines quitting when ordered to attack. In FS04 I removed the 600 Engine Jet FS98 and ran into the same loss of power. Around 18,000 feet I think RPM start dropping. Can't get close to the 380 knots+ needed at 36,000 feet. Only around 190 knots if I'm recalling right in FS04 with only 36 gal on the plane.

The tail hook has no drag logic attached to it.

Well I did say Gurus,
    Between bearcat, Allen and Blood_Hawk, seems we can "and will"
    and already have:
    bring this dusty ole sim to another level.

Hi Guys,
    Again, sorry for any delays in working on this repaint. Had a small problem over the weekend and spent the last few days in the hospital getting "through the roof" blood pressure taken care of. A lot better now and will have some time to finish this paint. Hopefully, when done it will look something like this.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 66th_Fighter-Interceptor_Squadron_F-94B_Starfire A.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

There has been work on the F-94B in FS2004 as well. One page 2 there is a shot of a texture that may be close what you have in mind bub.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...F-94B-Starfire

Put some color on her today. Kind of the same, Allen. That International-orange thing going on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfire.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Starting to look like something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfire A.jpg   Starfire B.jpg  

Looking good so far!

Update

Got a little more accomplished. Taking the rest of the weekend off before the wife cracks me on the head with a frying pan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfire C.jpg   Starfire D.jpg  

Found a little time, no NASCAR at Bristol due to rain. Still needs some touching up. It will be done in a couple of days. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfire E.jpg   Starfire F.jpg  

Looking great sir,

Just looking at it puts one in the pilots seat.

All done. I'll have it packaged up and out soon.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfire I.jpg  

Forgot this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfire K.jpg  

Wow, Wow and Wow............
    Great job Sir

Vary nice! I did look to see if I could find the info on the F-94 you are painting and came up with nothing so glad you had the refs.

Uploaded

Hi All,
    Just got the F-94B Starfire texture uploaded. Thanks to Allen for his wonderful rendition of this aircraft.
    Have fun,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfire.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1