F-94B Starfire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F-94B Starfire

F-94B Starfire

Hi All,
    Does anyone know of a F-94B Starfire out there. Tried to find one, but no luck.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

BUB.........

didn't TR work on this awhile ago, Like maybe 2006?

Apart from Ito's F-94C (different looking bird to the -B), which we can't convert for use in CFS2, the only candidate I can find is Piglet's T33A for FS9.

Maybe if somebody could model that extended nose as a payload object you'd end up with something that looks about right...

I did find this.......

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=55126910

It is Ito's, but it seems to be the only available.

Forgot to add;
    I did find this CFS1 84c by Allan Lowe

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=55126910

Thanks Guys,
    I checked over at SimV at Tom's stuff with no luck. I did a search here and found a post for one at SunClaro, again no luck. The reason I was looking for this aircraft, my wife's moms best friend was married to a Capt. Arthur Staniland. He flew one out of Elmendorf AFB, AK and was lost 10/6/1952. I thought a repaint of his aircraft would be a good thing to do.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Apart from Ito's F-94C (different looking bird to the -B), which we can't convert for use in CFS2, the only candidate I can find is Piglet's T33A for FS9.

Maybe if somebody could model that extended nose as a payload object you'd end up with something that looks about right...
    Looking at Piglet T-33 now. It looks okay. I'll give it once over in gMax and see if something can be done.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Allen,
    Thank you, for taking the time to look at this situation. It's very kind of you and greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    Bob

Started messing with Piglet's T-33A. Trying to fit all of the changes on the texture sheet is going to be a pain...

Attachment 48680

Bump.

Attachment 48693

Looks better than it is. No animations as I really need a texture and some parts like landing gear are really miss placed. I have PM in at falcon409 who has paint kit for the T-33A but the kit is saved a .pspimage My old PSP6 can't open that new format. I hope I can get the paint kit in standard .PSD format so I can mod it to fit the model changes.

Looking fabulous Allen. Take your time a do it justice, as I know you will. Thanks again for taking something nonexistent and making it a reality.

Found Piglet texture template. Got it reworked into something that looks like it should. The fuselage texture has been squished length wise by Piglet. Not sure if this was done by purpose but it made texturing accurately impossible with out a complete redraw and I'm not going that far.

Still have to cut and name all of the tail surfaces for animation, landing gear compression animations and find a place to put the back part of the engine on the texture sheet. Right now the black ring on the back is where the texture stops and wraps around to the other side of the texture sheet.

Attachment 48712Attachment 48713

Model is in game. All animations are done done but for the eye candy ones that I cut like the moving stick and nose wheel. Me and jets don't get along so some one else will need to do the .air and jets related aircraft.cfg as well as find some CFS2 jet gauges.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F94E.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	48745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F94F.jpg 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	48746

Nice.............

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Good job Allen! This bird could potentially see some use in Korean War missions.

Had that thought as well. Working on a cheap LOD or two for the model.

Name:	F94 LOD.jpg 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	48761

Here is the latest shots. Got the metal texture updated now. A few LODs and DP added. Attaching a working aircraft with PSD templates for painting. They are just like Piglet's templates. Someone will have to do the all of the Jet flight dynamics and find CFS2 gauges. Think the current flight dynamics are what I made for my unfinished Stingray.

Name:	F94H.jpg 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	48776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F94G.jpg 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	48778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F94I.jpg 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	48779

Attachment 48777

Is any one going to be able to to do CFS2 Jet flight dynamics for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Is any one going to be able to to do CFS2 Jet flight dynamics for this?
    You should be able to use the F-80's flight dynamics as a start. You'll just have to tweek it to match.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

I tried my hand at Jets and failed badly. I may just upload it "as is" or see if some one up in FS2004 can finish it.

Just curious here..........

First I know NOTHING about creating airfiles etc so I can't do this , besides I don't have the proper programming help. But, I happen to look over at Fightsim.com and found a couple of F-94's that were posted by Ito. Could these .airs' be used as a guide to doing one here, or could they be legally utilized in this 94 by Allen. I found the files here;
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=55431119

Just a thought and suggestion.

CFS2 and Jet engines do NOT get along is the prob. I asked about this a few years ago and got vary little. FS00? and FS02 engines have a warp fuel bug. Using warp with them will eat ALL fuel and warp you only feet.

FS98 seem to not work well with the CFS2 AI as when they are told to attack a target they will do so but its like the engines quit working for them so the slowly loss ALT and crash.

Allen,

In the absence of Tom Sanford & the Fox Four folks, I guess we're a bit stuck.

I've flown it in Free Flight as a player a/c using either of the following:

renamed TR_F80C airfile
    renamed Piglet's T33A airfile

Not looked at the numbers at all, but Piglet's T33A airfile feels nose heavy, so there may be some CG related work there. I'didn't bother to remove all the FS2K2 entries record 1539+, so that might be the cause. But it doesn't blow up, & you can get it off the ground.

Agree that CFS2 jet AI are an issue, as is fuel management, so the potential is limited. But Bub will have something he can paint, & it will fly in the sim

I'm not sure what to do. The attached model is flyable using what ever flight dynamics I last had in my test folder so that should be enough for Bub.

I have a copy of FS2004 but not sure if I want to install it as it has 4 CDs but I may have to and build the F-94B as a FS04 aircraft.

Well,
    I have looked for what ya'll are looking for, But I get lost.

I have all perms from Tom, so someone email me what you
    are looking for and I will post it on the FFS.

dea14u@aol.com

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Hi All,
    Sorry for "disappearing". I've been tied up with some issues lately and have been busy. Nothing serious, just a bunch of small things that eat away at your free time. When things settle down, I will start to work on a repaint for the aircraft. Thanks to all who are helping Allen and for your patience.
    Bob

Members who have read this thread: 1