Focke Wulf Fw200-A Condor - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Focke Wulf Fw200-A Condor

CFS1 Focke-Wulf Fw 200-A "Condor", 1937.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 1 Aircraft Add-Ons

Description: 1937 German long-range passenger transport built by Focke Wulf, the first inter-continental airliner of all time. It had elegant, graceful lines, and was powered by four 720 hp BMW 132G-1 radial engines, with a top speed of 197 kt (365 kph). It comfortably seated 26 passengers and a crew of 4.

The famous D-ACON "Brandenburg" established two long-range speed records in 1938: A return flight from Berlin Tempelhof to New York Floyd Bennet, averaging of 330 kph (205 mph), twice that of typical landplanes of the time, and a three-stop flight from Berlin to Tokyo in 46 hours. 3 prototypes and 9 pre-production units were built. The outbreak of WW2 thwarted a very promising airliner career, and development continued with modifications for more powerful but heavier militarized "B" and "C" versions, of which another 264 units were built, filling more than one gap.

The Deutsche Technik Museum in Berlin is painstakingly restoring a Fw 200-C1 recovered recently from a Norwegian fjord into its original state, and work is planned to be completed in 2025. Includes custom panel with custom gauges, source AFX, PCX, R8 and SCX files, zero-weapon Dp files, and SCASM-added Virtual Cockpit.

Special features: New CFS1 two-pitch position Hamilton-type propellers, and multi-engine RPM and BOOST gauges, both programmed by Ivan of Sim Outhouse.

Textures by Udo Entenmann. By Stephan Scholz

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS1 Focke-Wulf Fw 200-A "Condor", 1937.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleatorylamp
    The Model 10A is running only 0.4 mph and 9 RPM fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleatorylamp
    As you had already recommended, I did this without altering the Friction Graph. Would you say this qualified as a practical and valid application of the same type of Hamilton Standard Propeller for a smaller twin?

Hello Aleatorylamp,

I am getting the distinct impression that you do not understand when and WHY I make the recommendations that I do.
    I do not deny that I made such a recommendation but it was in a particular context and with a particular flight model with known characteristics.

By the way, you just told me that the performance of your flight model matches VERY well with documented specification. I will accept that.
    What you didn't mention was the context and how it behaves elsewhere.
    Getting a speed and RPM match at one point in the curve is quite easy.
    Getting the rest of the performance envelope to come close at the same time cab be quite difficult.

This will sound an awful lot like where we started with the FW 200, but "I don't know anything about the Lockheed Model 10A Electra and what its performance characteristics were and thus I can make no recommendations at this time".

- Ivan.

Hello Ivan,
    These are really only preliminary tests I am doing out of curiosity, to experiment with the new 2-pitch propeller for the possible Electra Model 10A project I am thinking about.

I just thought it was quite curious that the same graph tables worked quite well for the smaller engine and propeller.

After getting the flight model to fit the first basic point on the performance curve, i.e. specified performance for max. take-off power with 450 Hp at 2300 RPM, and maximum speed 202 mph, the only other specification I have for the moment is 190 mph cruising speed, and that the engine gave 400 Hp at 2200 RPM upto 5000 ft critical altitude.

I have now had time to test performance at 5000 ft critical altitude, and here there are 466 Hp at 2427 RPM and 211 mph under full throttle.

Then, at 89% throttle, there are 400 Hp at 193.7 mph but with 2298 RPM. Here there are two more performance test results
    that perhaps are not totally as good, but at least it is a starting point if I am going to build a Lockheed Electra Model 10A.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    "Why make it simple if you can also make it complicated?"

Members who have read this thread: 0