New Build...DX 10 Preview not working

Thread: New Build...DX 10 Preview not working

New Build...DX 10 Preview not working

Just setting up a new build with a NVIDIA 1070 card and Windows 10. Everything works fine until I check the Preview Direct X 10, do a restart and I get the "Fatal Error" message. I have Steve's Fixer but that says the Preview must be working first before Fixer can do anything. Preview worked fine, with Steve's Fixer, on my old machine under Windows 10. Searched both here and AVSIM but could find no one reporting this exact issue.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Just a thought are your 1070 drivers up to date? Another thought, is Win10 UAC preventing any changes being made to your FsX?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just a thought are your 1070 drivers up to date? Another thought, is Win10 UAC preventing any changes being made to your FsX?
    Thanks Roger. Yes I had already disabled the UAC (some of the add-on's require it) and I did update the 1070 drivers but to no avail.

Quite by accident I did find the solution...I turned off Full Screen mode (again some of my add-on's require it and I had not loaded them yet) and it worked perfectly. So I'm back to normal. Now to load Steve's Fixer and get to work tweaking NVIDIA for that.

Thanks for your help.

Yes I had already disabled the UAC (some of the add-on's require it)
    With Win10, even shutting down the UAC manually doesn't alway work as you might think. It disables UAC for other folders, but some things in the \Program Files and the \Program Files(X86) it just won't permit, regardless of UAC settings.
    I don't have Win10, but I've garnered this from entries in other forums. It may or may not be accurate, but it sure seems to be the general consensus.

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Just setting up a new build with a NVIDIA 1070 card and Windows 10. Everything works fine until I check the Preview Direct X 10, do a restart and I get the "Fatal Error" message. I have Steve's Fixer but that says the Preview must be working first before Fixer can do anything. Preview worked fine, with Steve's Fixer, on my old machine under Windows 10. Searched both here and AVSIM but could find no one reporting this exact issue.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    At least your FSX allows you to check/uncheck the box. I have FSX Acceleration Gold Edition and my settings doesn't even have the box/Preview DirectX 10.
    I have several aircraft which are invisible in the startup view pane and show black in the sim, or are invisible showing the flight crew dangling in the air above the runway.
    The invisible aircraft even cast shadows.
    Some even show fully colored wings on the flat black fuselage.

Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Hello,

Often this has been caused by there being a stray .dll file left from a previous
    installation of something like Shade or another shader modification program.

here is a picture of a default installation.
    See if you can compare it with yours and find the .dll files that are causing it.

Regards,
    Nick

Members who have read this thread: 0