CD corrupted?

Thread: CD corrupted?

CD corrupted?

Hi there, I've come across an error code 0x80004005 when I try to copy the contents of a CD to a folder on the desktop.
    The CD's an old boxed payware one with scenery mesh and landclass for a particular country in FS9 on it that I'd bought from a website years ago. The reason I'm trying to copy the contents is that the CD seems to be corrupted and wont work, but all the files can be seen on the CD. It hasn't been used for years, and when I pulled it out to put it into a new install of FS9 on my W10 system, it would not work. I tried it on my old XP SP3 windows machine after I pulled it out of retirement, but the same problem happened. The thing is that all the files are there on the CD and they all can be seen plainly yet it won't work or allow me to copy it all over to the desktop. I've had the disk cleaned as well but that didn't work either. Even took it to a shop to be cleaned but didn't work either. Tried an extractor but it only came out partial in the end. I'm wondering if the surface has got corrupted in some way while it was stored for years although I can't see a scratch or obvious marks on it. The cleaning seems to have completely blocked the whole thing out now, even though the files are all there when I open the cd. Are there any solutions out there, anyone had this happen to them?

Edit; the website that I got it from has gone out of business unfortunately.
    Mark

Icon5

The CD's an old boxed payware one with scenery mesh and landclass for a particular country in FS9
    Can we know what is the exact name of this payware addon ?

If you must know, it's a combo addon containing 20m mesh, NZTopo and landclass for use in FS9 for New Zealand by Christian Stock of Red Baron Entertainment.
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 0