Formation screen captures in P3d

Thread: Formation screen captures in P3d

Formation screen captures in P3d

Looking for a way to take pics of multiple aircraft parked next to each other in P3d.
    FS Recorder states it is only for FSX, so I take that as a hint that it's not for P3d.

There is one of the older version of FSRecorder which might work in P3Dv3, but I don't know which one, and I don't know if this is still valid today...
    The alternative is to use a freeware multiplayer software called JoinFS .
    Although this program is made to allow multiplayer between FSX and P3D users, it also features a neat little "recorder" inside, similar to what FSRecorder was doing, but better in fact. For example, it can record and replay helicopters
    http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html

Tried FSRecorder and it really buggy in P3D. It will get you screenshots but the AI movement is very jerky once you get close. JoinFS works really well for that as Daube suggests.

Thanks for the info on JoinFX. I managed to playback a recording where two different aircraft were superimposed on each other and I could not figure out how to separate them.

How do you take a photo of more then one aircraft side by side? I managed to take one vid of one aircraft then went to overdub and I could see the outline of one aircraft over another.

I saw on utube some neat vids of formation flying and I guess maybe they were from different nodes.

I don't want to connect to another node just use the methods where I can load two aircraft and have them side by side.

In JoinFS you can for sure record one aircraft and replay it while you fly.
    However, the question is: is it possible to record myself AND the plane I'm replaying ?
    I didn't experiment that much with the tool yet, sorry.

As a temporary "cheat", perhaps you can check that other freeware named AI formation tool or something like that ? I think it can spawn some aircrafts of your choice next to you. I never used it but it might be worth your investigation ?

I deleted the JoinFS, I'm interested in something that would do this

Or this

I like this program AI Tracker X and it only took a couple of minutes to set up this shot. Also lets you control the systems of each aircaft ie. engines on or off!

Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

+1 to AI Tracker X.

It is payware but is feature packed and easy to use. I have set up formations of about 12 aircraft while flying - it is very simple.

It's available at Simmarket.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

[QUOTE=RockStarofRust;1074609]I like this program AI Tracker X and it only took a couple of minutes to set up this shot. Also lets you control the systems of each aircaft ie. engines on or off!/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    +1 to AI Tracker X.

It is payware but is feature packed and easy to use. I have set up formations of about 12 aircraft while flying - it is very simple.

It's available at Simmarket.

Thanks guys for the recommendation, I may try it.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarofRust View Post
    I like this program AI Tracker X and it only took a couple of minutes to set up this shot. Also lets you control the systems of each aircaft ie. engines on or off!

I got this program today and am reading the manual and drinking from the fire hose trying to figure out how this all works. I want to get to where I can take pics of different aircraft on the ground
    like you did here.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I got this program today and am reading the manual and drinking from the fire hose trying to figure out how this all works. I want to get to where I can take pics of different aircraft on the ground
    like you did here.
    I feel your frustration! There are several tutorials on YouTube that the publisher of this program uploaded that helped me tremendously! Like this one!

Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Admirals Conference

These are my first attempts at capturing group photo of more then one aircraft in my inventory using that AI Tracker X. These are from P3D V3.4

Admiral's Conference

Taken at former NAS Millington. Notice the AI P3 going out for T&G's and patrolling the Mississippi for Russian Subs

Added a third Flag officers plane

Managed to get a third flag officers bird to pose with the other two I posted earlier.

Members who have read this thread: 0