Barnstable Airport - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barnstable Airport

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    How different are FSX vs P3Dv4.5 bgl's?
    I had not realized that there could be scenery issues, as the FSX sceneries have worked in P3D, such as RTMM, Tongass & others.
    Personally I have not found any problems with my sceneries in P3D_V4.5. I have also converted objects from FS9 scenery to FSX and used those in P3D with no obvious problems. For me it was a case of "Why do two versions of a scenery project if one version works in both Sims?"

Professional Scenery Developers could probably list a lot of reasons why there should be two separate versions, but for me, a full FSX version has worked fine for either one.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Purely Hit And Miss

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    How different are FSX vs P3Dv4.5 bgl's?
    I know that there are differences with models in FSX & P3D, and often that;s a hit & miss, when some FSX planes work in P3D, but whose images are not displayed in P3D's library.

I had not realized that there could be scenery issues, as the FSX sceneries have worked in P3D, such as RTMM, Tongass & others.
    You are correct and it's just hit and miss. I had to convert the library bgl to native P3D V4.5 because NONE of the buildings or objects were visible just the photoreal background in P3D. After converting it I had all the buildings but also the "black" aircrafts so as Ed suggested above, I deleted anything that said "aircraft" in the scenery folder and they were all gone to my great satisfaction. I have been spending all morning on the Capeair Flightplan bgl. I can share the bgl, but none of the aircraft I am downloading and fixing. There's always something. The airport is perfectly usable without the ai which takeup framerates if you don't have the guts on your computer to run them. I don't have an expensive video card but upgraded my Dell to 16GB RAM and have no stuttering or ooms at all in P3D.

Members who have read this thread: 86