Project AI Install Program ?

Thread: Project AI Install Program ?

Project AI Install Program ?

I installed some scenery for FSX that calls for some PAI aircraft. Question is before I go through the process of installing this stuff. Does the PAI install program work in Windows 10 and also since the program is setup for FS9 will it install direct to FSX, if not what would be required to install them. The big question is PAI stuff is so old is it worth the trouble ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

How I get around this is that I created a fake FS9 directory structure and just let it install into that.
    Then I copy the files over to the corresponding FSX folders.
    When I'm done I go back and delete the files in the FS9 folders, so that it's all "clean" again....waiting for the next install.

The PAI installer is the least of your issues since the model packages themselves are hardly available anymore.

Which airplanes do you need?

you also need to remember to convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX, or you won't have any AI. ANY FS9 plans in the folder turn off ALL FSX plans.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

This is a very good point. I use AI Flightplanner (AIFP) to find and convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX format.
    Fortunately, AIFP is very easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    you also need to remember to convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX, or you won't have any AI. ANY FS9 plans in the folder turn off ALL FSX plans.

Bjoern
    The PAI installer is the least of your issues since the model packages themselves are hardly available anymore.
    That's not an issue. I have almost all saved to disk from my old FS9 days. but thanks for the offer. Sounds like a lot of hassle for a C-17 and a KC135 sitting on a ramp! I may rethink having AI for Altus scenery.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

For what it's worth, here's the PAI Installer. No guarantees that it'll work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/js33ys...+Installer.zip

Keep the PAI model packages like an original Rembrand. AI users are often looking for one or more models!

Members who have read this thread: 0