Very cool!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Tom,
    not a lot of wiggle room on that fine map

A whirlwind?! Sweet! Now let's see, its 2017, so...coming summer 2025?

Hopefully! There's a few more bits to squeeze on to that mapping yet.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well if it's as good as the Tempest it will be well worth it.

Blog Entries
    Woohoo!! So glad to see that tantalising glimpse Tom, I'm really looking forward to this model.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Tom for all your work. Thank you to all who bring us joy in this real-life hardship. Thanks for making life a little easier during the trials of life. Best way i know how to describe it. My absolute favorite hobby. Gone from building model kits to combat flight sims. Thanks SOH for all entertainment you all bring to us. Thanks members for being the greatest. Way more friendly than other forums i go to. Regards,Scott
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; March 27th, 2017 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by "sixstrings5859"​
    Read from posts of problems with code.Something i try not to mess with unless for some aircraft i can add lines to effects or the like. I can do the simple stuff like installing expansions,adding aircraft,vehicles,missions and so on.That is why, in my opinion,i don't have problems with my installs. Keep it simple. Graphics are fine the way they are and aircraft just wasn't so shiny as pictures in the posts show. Plus i don't want a drop in fps. Just my opinion (that doesn't mean much). See where there is a lot of fans but i'm not yet convinced .

I thought youve already tried any of the AnKor shader installations sucessfully, Scott.
    but I fully get when reading zillion related thread pages of various issue fixing does not present it like a fully working game modification

personally having not a lot experience with the shader latest version, I just use the July 2016 relase (maybe with some later dll test updates) on a stock CFS3 version. to be honest, I have to, because of a mod development but I like the AnKor shaders very, in its base. all what was needed to do manually at my game was to edit one .ini file to disable dual shadow rendering (to avoid of a twice object shadow rendering and to remove the odl well known ugly horizontal line rendering visual issue.

once the shader pack is installed, you can always turn it off ingame, if you dont like it (but yeah, the default object shadows will not appear again without a back fix).

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    a lot of others are constantly working on this sim, and don't have the time to post on hear everyday!
    good to know, but a decent official announcement, means a properly named add-on thread of all such wips wouldnt hurt at all and from time to time bump the thread, for new forum visitors.

Blog Entries
    No,i haven't installed Ankor's shaders yet on any CFS3 install .Can't hurt anything as i have back-ups for everything. Will give it a try and see how it works. Just a little intimidated about it all.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; March 27th, 2017 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    No,i haven't installed Ankor's shaders yet on any CFS3 install .Can't hurt anything as i have back-ups for everything. Will give it a try and see how it works. Just a little intimidated about it all.
    Give Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler a try. It's a small program that does all the copying of files for you. The only thing you have to do, is to place every file that is in the mod that you want to install in a directory structure similar to the target game. As most mods usually are already structured like this, it should be fairly easy.
    The main advantage of this program is that you can easily undo a mod with the click of a button and do not have to remember every file that came with the mod. The only thing this program can't do, is changing the contents of files. You still have to do that manually. (But you can place an altered file in the mod's directory structure, to be copied in or out of your game. You 'll even get a warning if there's another mod depending on this altered file).

Fast work on that Whirlwind, Tom. Another great addition!! (BTW, it has one top and three bottom tailplanes )

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

To get most of the massive benefits of Ankor's shaders there is only a very simple install process, as easy as anything else you've ever installed. I assume that part that you find intimidating is all the discussion of implementing additional features that are included in what the shaders can do, but not require a bit of extra work. Don't let those put you off, the shaders will work just fine without them, and as you gain some confidence in your modding abilities over time, you can try them too. Just build your skills bit by bit, that's how everyone here started. I barely knew how to copy and paste when I started.

Well I'm attempting my second install and it's not going well at all. Those of us who work all day, have kids etc. haven't the time to explore and learn fine art of mission building, skining etc. My Son can write code and we can't get the shaders to work. God bless all of you fine modders and the gifts you provide to this community, but the frustration of the average shlub who wants to sit on his ass at the end of the day and immerse himself in the sim is it's biggest downside.

I had installed the shaders back in May 2015, and haven't kept up with the newer
    releases, but the old one is amazing and I'm sure it's even better now. Pretty
    easy to install with the early versions as I was shown:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ankor mod installation.jpg  

A good installer would make life easier for the, er, average soul who would rather click and go. I've looked into it and will probably use the freeware Nullsoft NIS installer next time around assuming work and the kids leave enough time after modelling. Nullsoft is industrial-strength BTW, used by even the biggest payware companies: you've almost certainly used it installing stuff from Adobe and others without realising.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    Those of us who work all day, have kids etc. haven't the time to explore and learn fine art of mission building, skining etc.
    I would slightly disagree - I belong exactly to such sort of people. having a free time usually 0:00-3:00 AM. its just about the will.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Give Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler a try. It's a small program that does all the copying of files for you. The only thing you have to do, is to place every file that is in the mod that you want to install in a directory structure similar to the target game.

well, that doesnt sounds to me too much easy approach, if that needs to be achieved manual way a much better would be a tool which just with one button makes a whole old file set backup and can restore then the changes back, with one buton click. so, basically old cood copy / delete event still rulez

Yeah, I'd say most of us fall into the job and kids category, nobody has a ton of free time, it's all in what you want to do with it. I get wanting to just play a game rather than tinker. I prefer to tinker.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Guys for all the advice. Use JSGME in my Il-2 '46 sims and works fine there. Thanks for all the advice. Will get around to installing Ankor's shaders but occupied with "another sim" right now. Nervous about installing but as i said before i do have back-ups in case i mess things up. Beautiful pictures i see from the posts has me excited to try it out. After reading the instructions it doesn't seem all that bad. There is hope for a dummy like me after all. Regards,Scott
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; March 28th, 2017 at 03:52.

I use JSGME to manage my mods, and it works flawlessly, but the initial set-up was tricky with 16 different installs set up over 5 different drive locations.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Tried 3 times to install Ankor's new shaders to no avail as even after setting config file still crashes when loading. Restored back to original and am ok. Tried out on Pat Pattle's BoB install. Is it compatible with Pat's BoB ? Will it work on any CFS3 install ? At a loss as to the cause. Would like to get it running.Can wait on a all in one installer because not everybody understands code (dummy me). Can do small things as planes,objects,missions and the like. Thought this was a simple install but apparently not for me.

I'm glad you were able to get back to a working game again.

I have it working in Basic CFS3, CFS3 with Firepower, ETO (5x), MAW, PTO, Rising Sun (3x), BoB, WOFF, all WWI, all Jets, and DPC Korea., so I'm not aware of any versions it won't work with.

I would limit the initial attempts to just d3d8.dll, and d3d8.ini in your main directory, and the Shader30 folder and it's contents. You need to run configsys.exe at least once to initialize the graphics driver values, and to turn off dual pass rendering, and then try to run the game. If that works then you can go back and add the more difficult to remove options like the new special effects files, and effects.xml text edits.

Also, RobH was initially having a problem because he was running an older version of the game. It needs to be at least version 3.1a (3.1.0.30203 not 3.0.0.21007) for it to run with the shaders installed.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; March 28th, 2017 at 12:47.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Tried installing on several installs to no avail. Must be doing something wrong. Get a ctd every time when game is loading. Remove files and sim works perfectly. Giving up till a more concise install is made.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS;1074992... [FONT=Verdana
    a much better would be a tool which just with one button makes a whole old file set backup and can restore then the changes back, with one buton click. so, basically old cood copy / delete event still rulez [/FONT]
    But how would you expect the program to know what goes where? You can't offer a program a bunch of files and expect it to distribute them over the correct folders. (Come and think of it, CFS3 doesn't mind that much - it can still find files placed in the wrong folders. It's just that I like my install to be a little more structured ). In essence JSGME does just what you describe: in- and uninstalling a mod with a click!

@Andy: That must have been a little tricky!! 16 installs! Care to enlighten me? I have a different JSGME for each install but did you use a single one for all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    ... an all new P47 ...
    Ah, yeah, here is a WIP piccie:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-47D-30.jpg  

Rant over, here’s some pics…:0)

Got a soft spot for the suitcase, if your reworking Uncle Ted's model, click on my sig, I reworked it for CFS2, adding Torp variant, etc. Added details, anims, etc. Feel free to use ant bits if they are of any use.

Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 0