OT: Netflix Series...

Thread: OT: Netflix Series...

Lightbulb OT: Netflix Series...

Finished Daredevil...now on Luke Cage....

From what I've seen thus far, the DD and LC totally BLOW AWAY all the D.C. series combined....

hat ya talkin about panther?....luke cage?...daredevil?...what are these?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    hat ya talkin about panther?....luke cage?...daredevil?...what are these?
    "MARVEL" superheros...

Luke Cage

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

You need to watch Jessica Jones too. But keep in mind the right order: DD season 1, Jessica Jones, DD season 2, then Luke Cage. Once you've done those, watch Iron Fist. Without all of them, you won't get sly references like one about a PI that was "worth every penny, as long as she was sober."

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    "MARVEL" superheros...

Luke Cage

OH LIKE SUPER HENRY
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Well here is my rant of the day. Everyone seems obsessed with the Hunger Games so I gave in last night and watched it. What utter predictable tripe. That's is all.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Well here is my rant of the day. Everyone seems obsessed with the Hunger Games so I gave in last night and watched it. What utter predictable tripe. That's is all.
    Sounds like yet another of those "Reality" shows, complete with pre-planned plot development, and carefully scripted and rehearsed spontaneity. No wonder I only watch TV on purpose maybe twice a year at most.

MikeW

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Every day I find that I'm moving outside the target demographic of most programming being turned out today. I find most of my TV time is on the local classic TV stations and the Military History channel and of course
    my trusty DVD player. I have a very large DVD collection so there's always something to watch even if the TV is scoring a zero.

Naismith, don't give up on HG too quickly, it's about time for them to reboot the franchise and start all over again with a new cast! It'll be better then!

Panther, has Netflix started releasing these on DVD yet? The way they start/stop/start-back-up series these days I tend to lose track of them so I wait and buy the seasons on DVD. Punisher looks promising
    on Netflix as well.

To really appreciate the current state of Marvel/DC movies/series, you had to have been a comic book fan back in the early 70's when there was nothing. The worst Marvel/DC production now is head over heels better
    than most of the prime-time superhero attempts back then. It was a veritable wasteland, the Mad Max landscape for superhero shows. Now, I go to see the latest Marvel/DC production in large screen goodness, ATMOS sound, and
    special effects that were only starting to be realized when Star Wars debuted. It was pretty bleak back then, but time and technology cured all of that. Bad writing/scripting however, may take some time to fix!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I actually liked The Hunger Games series.....

Any 'Fargo' fans here ? ( another amazing movie by the Coen brothers )

Took me more than a year to even click the Fargo series info at Netflix thinking, with the movie in mind, that cannot be anything worth looking at. How wrong i was !!!

2 independed crime stories with Fargo as common denominator that will keep you on the edge of your seat. They hardly come any better than this. No wonder with the fantastic Billy Bob Thornton in one of the lead roles. Martin Freeman is great too!

I envy anyone who hasn't seen these two Fargo series yet !

I'm really picky, almost never bother with 'Free To Air' and reluctantly signed up with Foxtel for the Motorsport, managed to minimize the bulk of the other rubbish.
    Must say I really enjoyed both 'Fargo' series, very quirky and great production values!

'UKTV' was the only other channel that I cared for, and even then it is chock full repeats!
    Thankfully we have several TB of carefully chosen material hooked up to our WD media player, so we're never short of decent entertainment.
    But to be honest, both of us have more than enough 'other' interests to waste too much time playing 'Couch Potato'!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Have around 1500 DVD's so i can always have something to watch. Most free time i'm playing guitar,combat flight sims or hanging out at Combat flight sim forums like this and Youtube to round it out. Just got into facebook and not impressed because of all the political stuff. Don't like talking about politics or religion because we each have or own views and can be divisive. Not much tv time but i do love comic book heroes . Will check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Members who have read this thread: 0