Mission files for CFS3 Multiplayer

Thread: Mission files for CFS3 Multiplayer

Mission files for CFS3 Multiplayer

Just wanted to share a few "mission" files for CFS3 if anyone would be interesting trying them out. This is part of a copy of the readme attached in the zip:

These missions were revised to be used as 'dedicated' multiplayer server whereas the plane's (P-51D "Mustang") primary
    purpose is to serve as the 'host' only. The reason for this so 'clients' can see the display 'hits' on the enemies when
    they join the server while the mission is already in progress. That was the complaint that my friend has when he played
    for the first time. He could not tell if he was hitting the fighters or not. So if the mission is already in progress
    (when the 'host' is already flying or about to take off in the game--started the mission), this issue is resolved.
    Unfortunately, the issues for ground formation and the facility targets still remain 'red' for the clients. I can't seem
    to figure that out. Also, the issue of displaying waypoints and primary targets does not show still in bringing up the
    map on the clients' side.

I have participated being the client when I play tested these missions. These missions are solvable by the clients however.
    Pay attention to the number of 'goals' announcement (usually display on the top left-hand corner) when you hit a primary
    target. As the client, this tells you that target has reached 0%, even it still said 100% or displayed 'red'. My advice
    to you is play through a few times in single-player to become familiar how this mission works. The waypoints on these
    missions do direct clients to the point-of-interest (targets) most of the time. Most likely, if a waypoint ends its line
    with a 'red' facility in the radar, that's the primary target. Just keep that in mind.

Assuming you want to play with your friends as well as being the 'client', setup the 'dedicated' server on the computer
    that you are NOT going use for playing. On the 'dedicated' computer server, create a multiplayer session as you normally
    do for a mission server. Select one of my missions and then join the "Allies". Switch your player to the P-51D "Mustang"
    plane. Start the mission. You 'host' player should be in the P-51D "Mustang" at the airport for take off. Press the
    Ctrl+Shift+F6 to turn off the engine (Mixture Idle Off) since the 'host' would not be flying. Now you and your friend(s)
    can join now. Just keep in mind since the mission is already in progress, you would be spawned in a Spitfire plane either
    be taking off or already in the air (it all depends how quickly you join the 'host' server).

You can still 'host' as the listening server if you don't want to take this route (just don't choose the P-51D "Mustang").
    As the 'host', you would see all functions normally. However, your clients won't see any fighters being hit on their
    end if they are started in the lobby with you. My advice to you is let the clients wait until you have already started
    the mission and let them join while the mission is in progress.

GG1.xml - "The Hunt" Difficulty: Easy
    GG2.xml - "Sunrise Destroyers (Lite MP Version)" Difficulty: Medium
    GG3.xml - "Airbase Attack (MP Version)" Difficulty: Easy
    GG4.xml - "Yardstick (MP Version)" Difficulty: Medium
    GG5.xml - "Two Railyards and a Moving Train (MP Version)" Difficulty: Hard
    GG6.xml - "A Very Rude Awaken (MP Version)" Difficulty: Medium

Place these files under missions\whatif

Let me know what you think of them. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Ghostguy ,

thanks for these missions. Hopefully they will encourage more people to fly multiplayer missions.

It looks as though they can be played in single player too?

Blog Entries
    Hi GhostGuy, welcome. Thanks for posting and sharing the mission files.

There are a few folks still flying MP, they tend to use this forum at the SoH Flight Centre:

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/?tabid=29
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post

It looks as though they can be played in single player too?

Yes, they can be played in single player. However, the P-51D (Mustang) in the slot shouldn't be used since it's there as a 'dedicated' host in mind.

Thx, these seem familiar....

but I can't seem to download them,
    getting 'attachment.php' for a filename...

Multiplayer has always been my favorite aspect of CFS3!
    (and all that other stuff, too)

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    Thx, these seem familiar....
    Long time long see, Firestorm! Yes, you probably played some of these before by a different profile name by "Deadmeat1971" This is my new profile name. Probably, the long inactivity has deleted my old profile. Now I go by GhostGuy since I do have a YouTube channel "ghostguy71" if you want to check that out (what I have been spending most of my time). It's good to see you again, Firestorm.

If you click on the attachment, it should say "attachment.zip" to save it. I do not know why it won't display by the original name. Also, you have to be logged in to download it which I found out.

Good to see you back, GhostGuy!

For the d/l from your 1st post, it must be something wrong on my end,
    as I was chatting on SOH-TS3 with DeerHunter, he d/l'd it no problem
    and e-mailed it to me. I've tried a few so far...good online missions!
    Not too long before you get into some action. Check PM's

Members who have read this thread: 0