Flying the Hump and c47 repaints - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying the Hump and c47 repaints

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    Yes, it did it thank you
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    You know, you're right and I remember seeing that film with Peck. Can't remember who the romantic interest was, though. Kind of an out-of-the-way place to find an RCAF guy but they got around, too.

Re: Stilwell, Marshall is supposed to have said he purposely gave the assignments he did to Stilwell, knowing his temperament would ensure the job would get done regardless. There were very very few American troops under his command and he pushed them hard - some would say without mercy. The history I read said just about the only way off the line for Americans in his command was to be invalided out, be wounded, or die. He used up his Americans and kept them up front until they were practically wiped out. Dearth of resources, I suppose. His reputation sure suffered, though.
    Yep, bastard of a theatre for everyone as far as I can tell. I had a late uncle flew Spitfires in the RAAF out of Burma, got a few and a DFC but he had nothing much to talk (too many painful memories I think) about other than it sure aged young guys prematurely and living conditions were primitive and harsh. He used to tell me about flying the Spit, he loved flying that aeroplane although he said it would bite hard in combat and snap into a full spin on you if you were too reckless, did some time on Boomerangs too (hated them said they were hopeless fuselage blanketed the rudder in a turn at low speed). Told me though they met their match when they came up against Focke-Wolfs 190's in Europe later. He thought they were a pretty classy aeroplane. Not too many kind words about the Poms (Limeys) either. But the Hump sure wasted a lot of crews and aeroplanes.

Tough area to fly, like out of Kunming, your already at 6000 ft elevation at takeoff and the old C-47 sure struggles with a load from there on.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,
    They work with V3, you need only change this line in the aircraft.cfg entry.
    Sim = Douglas_DC3_V1.5
    I see in the one I tried, the thumbnail.jpg is named th.jpg and will need to be renamed to thumbnail.jpg
    to see its picture in the aircraft menu.
    You can also edit in the aircraft.cfg
    A new line ui_thumbnail= ****.jpg
    And place the image in the main folder of the plane

Members who have read this thread: 1