A pink F1 car!!!

Thread: A pink F1 car!!!

A pink F1 car!!!

I know sponsors are important but pink!!!
    And there should be sorting out of the Aero regulations given the ridiculous noses and the bloody 'shark fins'.
    The number of widgets on the nose wings are beautifully crafted but way over the top and easily wiped out at turn 1.
    Be interesting to see them in RL next weekend.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I seem to remember the first Surtees car sponsored by this group was tastefully coloured in various shades of pink...but the FIA suggested John should tone it down, so to speak.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/35748458

MikeW

Is it really worst than the mint green 1988 March sponsored by Leyton House?

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    At least all teams can now easily be identified....

Australia will be interesting, but probably not a good representation of the new pecking order.
    Mercedes and certainly Ferrari seemed both strong and reliable during winter testing, Red Bull seemed to be a bit behind those two.
    Williams might be 'best of the rest' although points must come from Massa as the 'Strollercoaster' may have stepped into F1 too soon...
    Behind Williams Renault made a good impression as did STR but the Renault engine doesn't seem bulletproof yet. Force India moved a bit under the radar during testing, not yet sure what to expect from them.
    Haas looked like a midfield contender, with Sauber a good candidate for the last row. McLaren Honda will be happy if they just finish the race I guess.. The new engine seemed underpowered even compared to the 2015 engine (GP2 engine, arrgghh!) and shaking itself to a breakdown every time.

My guess for the podium in Melbourne:1 Vettel, 2 Hamilton, 3 Raikkonen.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Icon2

Look at the bright side....
    You can no longer say "more of the same".....

At this point the Met are forecasting a fine and sunny weekend, but one can never be certain as it is Autumn 'Down Under'.

Right now it is bucketing down with a good deal of electrical activity as well, but we are 100K+ from Albert Park and living on the coast!
    Huub, I rather liked the 'Leyton House Green' on the late 1980s March.
    Seeing them IRL the colour was more blue toned.
    Shame the team foundered after their Japanese backer ended up in the slammer for being Financially 'Creative'.

And a PS: Surtees ran with the controversial 'Durex' sponsorship for a couple of years (1976-1977 IIRC) but the cars were predominately white with various pastel coloured trim.
    The same sponsorship was worn for a couple of F5000 seasons, prior to the F1 deal.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Used in the DTM series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AUE_mbcom-667x375.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0