Added New Pilot to country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml

Thread: Added New Pilot to country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml

Icon5 Added New Pilot to country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml

I have added a new pilot to my BoB Theatre. I added him in my country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml.
    I deleted the unlimitedpilots.xml in Appdata file and copied the new country.xml to my root file.
    I opened my Bob Theatre and selected my new Pilot. I then had to hit the ESC button several times to change
    the pilot selection to my new pilot. It finally selected my new Pilot.

Second question is my old BoB Threatre that I had saved previously there was a "country_raf.xml and a "country_std.xml"
    in my BoB Root file.

Should I revise the raf and std country.xmls and then copy them to my new Bob Theatre?

I am sorry for any confusion but I am great at that.

Any help would be appreciated?

rcafmad.

I would like to add that the "rcafmad" is in remembrance of my Dad. He served in the RCAF in World War II and his initials were MAD.

Thank You

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rcafmad View Post
    I have added a new pilot to my BoB Theatre. I added him in my country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml.
    I deleted the unlimitedpilots.xml in Appdata file and copied the new country.xml to my root file.
    I opened my Bob Theatre and selected my new Pilot. I then had to hit the ESC button several times to change
    the pilot selection to my new pilot. It finally selected my new Pilot.

Second question is my old BoB Threatre that I had saved previously there was a "country_raf.xml and a "country_std.xml"
    in my BoB Root file.

Should I revise the raf and std country.xmls and then copy them to my new Bob Theatre?

Hi rcafmad,

Have you resolved your issues editing the country.xml? If not, could you please clarify what your questions are? I just took a look at my various Bob installs and do not have a country_raf.xml file.
    The only one of my installs to have a country_raf.xml is MAW.

Is your "Bob Theatre" Pat Pattle's stand alone, or is it Era 2 of ETO v 1.5?

I may well have simply changed the country_RAF.xml into country.xml, as I see no point in having USA aircraft and vehicles as default ground spawns in BoB.

Re unlimited pilots - there is a difference between the information contained in the unlimitedpilots file in the root folder, and the unlimited pilots file in the AppData folder. The file in the AppData folder also contains the Background information which adds flavour when you are selecting a pilot in QC mode or as a campaign pilot. The file in the AppData folder gets updated with additional stats based on missions that the pilot flies.

To answer your second question, I only use one country.xml file but I make sure it is set up so that British aircraft and vehicles/ships are the default allied nation for spawns, as USA had not entered the war at that stage.

HTH,

Members who have read this thread: 0