AH working on C-46 Commando - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AH working on C-46 Commando

Really looking forward to this one.... Very "Cool" airplane that will lead to tons of FSX adventures!!!!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yummy! Can't wait for this beauty.... but as always YoYo.... HOW DOES SHE FLY! I've been spoiled by the likes of Alex Metzger, Bernt Stolle and Rob Young.... can't seem to fall in love with much else....

Thanks for the LOVELY PHOTOS! I always look for your screenshots- they are AMAZING!

Carl

PS- looking at some of the instruments, perhaps the FDE bit isn't complete yet. When it is- I'd love to know how she "feels". Ta!

Wow,just wow!!

Those cockpit shots are simply amazing.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Finally a C-46 with a beautiful VC!! Awesome gentleman! :-)

Apparently there aremore VC images on their Facebook site.I do not have facebook, so I can not see the content. But here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/Aeroplanehe...28094247328949

You don't have to have a Facebook account in order to see the 12 images. (I've never really seen the problem with having a Facebook account though, but I'm probably missing something here)
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

It is looking really good, looking forward to this one!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That really is a lovely VC. I particularly like the metallic microphone cable sheathing in the first picture, and the graduations on the centre pedestal in the second picture. That subtle metallic finish on the elevator trim wheels is also very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    You don't have to have a Facebook account in order to see the 12 images. (I've never really seen the problem with having a Facebook account though, but I'm probably missing something here)
    The link was only loading a blank page for me with the Facebook logo at the top, so it does seem to make a difference for this particular page.

And "yes", you are missing something, but that is nothing to be worried about. Let's just leave it at that, and keep this thread on topic

YoYo-

I am LOVING the photos, but as ever, MOST INTERESTED in how she FLIES.... once you are able to expound on that subject, PLEASE DO!

I am looking forward to lots of Dumbo flights in the years ahead. With this C-46, the Jahn et al C-47 and the PMDG DC-6 I may have my own Everts Air Virtual soon I am so infatuated with Orbx Alaska (& PNW) and these airframes will keep me happily occupied for ages.

Best- C

over th hump

This is all i need to get over the hump along with the c47 of course,cc is ready and waiting

Richard

C-46 In Development

Just Flight have put up a C-46 "in development" page on their website

https://www.justflight.com/product/c46-commando

They've included new pics of the civilian cockpit, based on the Buffalo Airways aitcraft.

I must say it looks fantastic - really looking forward to this.

Mick

Looks like very soon, 2h before:

The latest C-46 Commando screenshots for you to enjoy.Should be available for FSX and P3D (including V4) very soon.
    All the details here: https://www.justflight.com/product/c46-commando

Good to see it in P3Dv4.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great news! Thanks Yoyo
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    YoYo-

I am LOVING the photos, but as ever, MOST INTERESTED in how she FLIES.... once you are able to expound on that subject, PLEASE DO!

Best- C
    I don't think he has it, just reposting the devs screen shots. I too can't wait for this one. I believe this is the first payware version of this bird?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Mr. Guzman's C-46, plus CLH are the ones I have in my FS9 installations and I've NEVER been able to get those things to taxi without the engines overheating. I wonder if the same thing will happen with this one?

I had the chance to know a CBI pilot who flew them over the Hump - he has passed maybe 10 years ago now. He talked about this plane quite often - as well as the T6, the Vultee vibrator and the DC3...I think he flew the C117 also. I'm not sure how many different types he flew - I don't think HE knew..but he really loved the C46. We saw one at Gillespie Field in 2003 I think - John showed the aircraft's pilot his CBI theater card (AGO?) and the reaction was great.."you wanna taxi it around? you still certified? you can go ahead and fly it!" Colonel Dorn was 80? years old at the time and still in good shape but he was no longer licensed to fly. That was a good day for him. Lots of PT17, a Staggerwing, the Commando. couple of C47's and T6's on the flight line. We would go to the SDASM often and they have a DC3 cockpit on the floor that you can almost climb into the seats of...he says the damn windscreen was useless in the rain - water just poured in around the seals. It's too bad he wont see this version of his old friend but I will fly it over the Hump just to see what that was like, in his honor.
    John Dorn spent his life flying - lying about his age to get into the war, taking the CAMCO offer as a transport pilot - he flew the Hump for the duration, flew in Korea too - he flew President Lyndon Johnson around as the right seater on an AF1 crew and later was a corporate pilot for James Copley who owned the San Diego Union and Tribune before he passed years ago.
    John was a quiet, modest guy that rarely talked about his career in the military - just the flying itself. I miss those talks - no one could tell a good flying story like my old friend John. RiP
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Price of the model:

£24.99 / €30.95 / $37.99,

Members who have read this thread: 0