Problem with Bearcats conversion of Bruce Thorson's P40 B-C.

Thread: Problem with Bearcats conversion of Bruce Thorson's P40 B-C.

Problem with Bearcats conversion of Bruce Thorson's P40 B-C.

Since updating to Windows 10, I have had nothing but issues within CFS2. I recently re-installed CFS2, so I have a complete vanilla install. I have tried to install the converted P-40 B and C by Bearcat. I have installed exactly like Bearcat's read me says to do. I also have all the weapons packs installed.

When I select the plane in the menu, the plane does show in the viewer, however when I click fly, CFS2 instantly crashes. When I choose one of the stock planes, CFS2 works just fine.

I have had the plane installed in the past and it has always worked before. I'm just wondering if it is Windows 10 issue. Anyone have any suggestions? I tried doing a forum search but I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks

Hey Rob,

Was wondering if it might be a gauge issue?

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

I agree on the probability of a gauge issue.
    I have been doing a fair amount of experimenting with gauges recently and that is a pretty common event when a gauge is not good.
    My suggestion is to alias to the panel of a known good aeroplane.

- Ivan.

Thanks everyone!

That was the problem. I aliased it to the Zero panel and no crashes.

Update: While the plane is no longer causing a crash, I have no gauges at all in the cockpit. This is odd. This has to be a problem with a gauge not working in Windows 10. I've never had a problem like this before.

Sounds like you found the cause at least Rob. You'll have to redo the panel with things that work in Win10. I don't even use that OS for such reasons as this, so i can't help with this one. As far as sims and gaming is concerned, i'm parked on WinXP (always) and Win7 (occasionally).

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks Bearcat. Just another reminder of why I regret updating to Windows 10

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Rob

Where is the new install of CFS2? Windows 10 does not like CFS2 in program files(x86). Strange things happen, like gauges disappearing. I use an external drive for my installations and the Hawk P-40B & C work fine. Remember, working with Windows 10 is like the Marines on Guadacanal in 1942. Life is Hell!

Braveheart (Mack)

Thank you very much Braveheart! That was it! I moved my install to my second hard drive and all is well!

I stick With Bearcat on that...WinXP all the way

I found a place in the USA that rebuilds them

Want to keep running WindowXP pro, they have them
    Mine looked brand new out of the box w/a 1 TB hardrive
    All preloaded and ready to go......."Big YES" from No Dice

NO...I have nothing to do with this company, but I have now purchased a
    second one as a backup...really great service, but the mouse they include
    is a bit crapy.
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Members who have read this thread: 0