Image hosting problems

Thread: Image hosting problems

Icon9 Image hosting problems

I'm going to post this issue in this forum as this is where I primarily post FSX images.

This morning I went to post a recent photograph on my Photobucket account and got an 'Image Failure" error. After several attempts using IE 11 and Google Chrome, I still could not upload an image. I tried the same thing on my ImageShack account, and got a failure there. I have no idea what is going on.

Other sites I use for file storage include OneDrive and Dropbox, and I have no problem uploading files to those servers. And I can upload an image to Facebook. I'm only encountering issues with Photobucket and ImageShack. And I should mention that I had no problem uploading an image just last week, so something has changed somewhere - like maybe a recent Win8.1 update?

Anyone experiencing problems like this or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I'm running W7 Pro and Firefox, just uploaded this 'screenie' on Imageshack with no trouble at all.
    Other than that I have no answers.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I finally was able to post on Photobucket. Not sure what I did different other than to log in a second time. Weird.

We just got back from vacation, and I hate it when I haven't been on the computer for awhile and these things happen.

Cheers
    -- WH

Photobucket sometimes has such outages. You just need to be patient.

photobucket seems to be a corrupted website..ad popups that cannot be deleted, constant failures. I have switched to Imgur - free - easy - and clean
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Seems Photobucket is regularly inundated with malware pop ups. It gets so bad sometime that you can't even get to your own library. Tried others but they don't seem to be much better.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Yeah. I had to resort to AdBlock Plus for IE to prevent their ads from popping up every visit. Even with it disabled, I wasn't able to post. Considering what I pay for that account, they sure have things messed up.

I eventually setup an account with ImageShack, but really don't care for their interface. Think I'll give Imgur a try.
    -- WH

I got feed up with Photo Mucket, years ago it was brilliant, able to have images up to 1280X1024 plus size then it dropped down then back up , then back down, I now stick to http://www.fsfiles.org/, a dedicated flightsim and photo site library site courtsey of OZx PERFECT !

Yes, I use fs files too. Jay Kae over At OzX keeps it running like a top. You will never find that site corrupted I guarantee, Batman is vigilant!

Members who have read this thread: 0