Commercial AS/MEL & Instrument
    Certified Airplane Nut

W O W..........AMAZING!!!!!!

Patrick

Certified Airplane Nut

***Virpil Has a TomCat Grip Pre-Order Up***

Hello VIRPILs!
    We’re extremely excited to announce the upcoming pre-order availability of our VPC WarBRD and ACE Rudder Pedals, as well as the VPC V.F.X Grip! In this 3-part announcement we would like to introduce you to these new items as well as provide information on the pre-ordering process.
    VPC V.F.X Grip
    The VPC V.F.X Grip is our latest addition to our expanding lineup of interchangeable grips and our first Western fighter grip! This grip is based on controls found in the aircraft developed for the Naval Fighter Experimental program.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1200x715.

1200×715 646 KB

The VPC V.F.X Grip features a number of unique features:

• Dual-stage trigger
    • 4-way weapon select w/ push
    • DLC thumbwheel axis - spring loaded return to the center (Contactless digital sensor)
    • Paddle lever axis w/ physical push button at 100% (Contactless digital sensor)
    • 8-way ungated POV hat w/ push
    • 3 x momentary push buttons
    • All metal twist axis (Contactless digital sensor)
    • Twist axis lockout
    • Compatible with all VPC bases
    • Compatible with TMW base (Twist axis, Paddle lever and DLC thumbwheel will respond as buttons)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1200x715.

1200×715 561 KB

During the development of the V.F.X Grip, we’ve built on past feedback we’ve received from the community to provide the best grip experience to date! This includes using digital contactless sensors for all grip input axis, providing unparalleled input accuracy.
    We also wanted to satisfy as many VIRPILs as possible regarding twist axis input - after discussing with members from the community we know that a twist axis can be quite a divisive addition! The VPC V.F.X Grip includes our all metal twist axis mechanism (with VPC contactless digital sensor) for those without pedals, however we have now implemented a twist lockout for those who wish to block this axis entirely.
    We’re also aware that many VIRPILs use our grips on their existing TMW base units, because of this we’ve done our best to ensure that the grip will operate on the TMW base with the caveat being that all grip axis (twist axis, DLC thumbwheel and paddle lever) will respond as button inputs instead due to limitations with the TM base units. For full grip functionality it will be necessary to use a VPC base!
    Product pages and pricing information will be posted on 21st June!

Patrick

That looks pretty awesome, and it even fits the Warthog base, which is great. It does look a bit too plastic to me (not sure if it actually is) and it is not cheap for just a baseless stick. If I was going to get another grip, which I am not seriously considering, I would go for the Hornet grip over this one.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I couldn't help myself....I pre-ordered both this and The Hornet Stick....I do spend most of my DCS time in these two and The Harrier...Trying to justify my DCS Impulse buying

Patrick

Good stuf Patrick. Let us know what you think of them both when you get them. I am getting more and more tempted to get the Hornet stick, as I have finally started spending some hours in the Hornet in VR over the past few weeks, and I am absolutely loving it. I love all the missions that have been created for it, they are really in depth and immersive. I haven't done much in the F-14 yet apart from startups and carrier takeoffs, so looking forward to spending more hours in the F-14 too. I have so much to do in DCS World. I have never flown half the campaigns I have purchased for multiple aircraft. And now I'm thinking about getting the Harrier during the Summer sale......
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Scott. My group has some buddy lasing for hornets using the F-14 in MP with a human RIO. It's really immerssive....HIGHLY recommend. Really cool experience.
    Certified Airplane Nut

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Good stuf Patrick. Let us know what you think of them both when you get them. I am getting more and more tempted to get the Hornet stick, as I have finally started spending some hours in the Hornet in VR over the past few weeks, and I am absolutely loving it. I love all the missions that have been created for it, they are really in depth and immersive. I haven't done much in the F-14 yet apart from startups and carrier takeoffs, so looking forward to spending more hours in the F-14 too. I have so much to do in DCS World. I have never flown half the campaigns I have purchased for multiple aircraft. And now I'm thinking about getting the Harrier during the Summer sale......
    I will let you know what I think about the 2 grips,The Hornet grip should be out next month....while The V.F.X Grip could be as much as 3 months...maybe longer since a member of The DCS Community caught a mistake on the weapons selector.

BTW...The Harrier is Amazing!!! and at 50% off is a steal!!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Scott. My group has some buddy lasing for hornets using the F-14 in MP with a human RIO. It's really immerssive....HIGHLY recommend. Really cool experience.
    Sounds great Rick. I don't do much multiplayer flight simming, or any really. Up until a few months ago I had only played a few hours in Eve Valkyrie which I got free with the Oculus Rift, and that is pretty much all multiplayer. Last September (? roughly) I bought Battlefield 1 after a workmate convinced me and now I play multiplayer in that about 2-3 hours every single night, and more on the weekends. I have never played any game so much as I have played multiplayer in BF1. I must give MP a go in DCS World one day, but I need to build up my single player hours first.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    I will let you know what I think about the 2 grips,The Hornet grip should be out next month....while The V.F.X Grip could be as much as 3 months...maybe longer since a member of The DCS Community caught a mistake on the weapons selector.

BTW...The Harrier is Amazing!!! and at 50% off is a steal!!
    Sounds great Patrick. I am envious

I think you have convinced me regarding the Harrier. Trouble is it will probably be another 12 months before I jump in it. I still have several campaigns I want to do for the A-10C, Mirage, F-5E, Viggen, and I have LOTS of flying yet to do in the Hornet and Tomcat. I need to spend less time in Battlefield 1 and more in DCS World!

***The Big Cat got lots of Love in today's OB Patch***

DCS F-14B by Heatblur Simulations
    • Fixed potential CTD when TCS scans an object without a 3D model
    • Fixed Jester doing only one action when asked to perform a series of actions of the same type
    • Fixed negative values (formatted as large positive 32bit integer) showing up for TID contacts' altitude
    • Fixed bad limiter input on fuel probe yaw moment
    • Fixed Jester radio tune and similar commands
    • Fix to Jester stuck in the TCS mode (no TID repeater bug)
    • Fixed CMS readiness not syncing properly in multicrew
    • Fix for the F-5 being displayed as 'U' on the RWR
    • Make time less relative (multiplayer clock fix)
    • Small fix to Jester missile detection
    • Fixed AI Wings swept forward on spawn
    • Adjusted AI oversweep collision model
    • Kneeling and launch bar fixes for the AI
    • Fixed nose gear strut collapsing on touchdown for the AI
    • Fixed broken gear animations
    • Retweaked some lights intensity
    • Potential fix to right engine not starting after damage bug
    • Reduced drag in turning situations
    • Reduced rudder roll power from 15-40 units AOA
    • Added more nose down at high ct with flaps up
    • Reduced pitch rate damping overall, but increased pitch rate damping with flaps
    • Reduced pitch with power effect at high Ct
    • Reduced drag vs pitch rate at high alpha
    • Tweaked pitch rate damper fade out at high AOA
    • Increased lift vs pitch rate
    • Added pitch acceleration based damping and AOA rate pitch damping
    • Added narrow limit on pitch rate damper and increased strength
    • Adjusted Phugoid Damping
    • Added slight extra nose down moment with power/flaps up
    • Fix to pitch oscillation induced blackout issue

Patrick

Virpil VFX Grip

<strong>

Patrick

***Open Beta Changes for Tomcat***

DCS F-14B by Heatblur Simulations

• Slightly increased G at which wing structural failure will occur
    • Adjusted pitch moments for flaps, speedbrake and power
    • Adjusted yaw damping with flaps down
    • Fixed wing sweep program indicator in bomb mode
    • Bomb mode now doesn’t stick
    • ASH better handles spawn heading errors on carrier
    • Fixed INS drift due to DCS reporting different aircraft heading before and after spawn.
    • Fixed ASH wrong wind calculations, fixes bomb fall line inaccuracy at high wind speeds.
    • Installed anti-lag filter in the INS alignment routines - should reduce INS drift from lags.
    • Fixed afterburners being invisible - pending further improvement
    • Fixed invisible RIO DDD lights
    • Fixed invisible TID HCU light

Patrick

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248138&page=2
    ***Small Update***
    From Cobra
    "
    The Forrestal will launch this year- not sure which month exactly yet."

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 71