Heatblur Simulations F-14 A/B - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Heatblur Simulations F-14 A/B

Burn baby Burn!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 48926366_1051822718338679_3087529655540908032_n.jpg  

Patrick

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Very, very impressive and immersive! Somebody contact Harold Faltermeyer, we're gonna need a new TOPGUN ANTHEM when the 'Cat deploys!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f0e9e1e7b23c3575f9dd4cff51c1975ce61588a5.jpg   067a138525676b945c2f57b9c9efa74aa7d0c913.jpg  

Patrick

Jabbers posted some shots on Discord

Patrick

***Development Update***

"Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you all a bit of a quick rundown on where we are and what we’re working on. This update will be rather short and sweet despite my previous desire to make it more meaty. This is mostly because there really isn’t that much to say and the exhaustion is setting in after a really long week.

The past couple of weeks we’ve been focused on completing the items outlined in the OP, plus some additional items that the extra time has allowed us to squeeze in. Some of the items we’ve been working on include:

• LANTIRN completion. Our LANTIRN integration will be very complete on day one of early access, instead of having large gaps in functionality. This system has been very complex and has taken us a lot of time to implement, but will make the F-14 a much more potent strike platform on day one.
    • JESTER improvements across the board - we’ve been adding new functionality to jester, such as injury and incapacitation states, improving various callout functionality and more. If we are able, we hope to add some initial JESTER functionality for controlling LANTIRN before EA, but this may not be possible.
    • Completion of the RIO cockpit integration. We’re now integrating the last of the RIO cockpit components together in our main development branch. This is one of the last steps before we’re “done” and build our first release candidate.
    • Buuuugfiixeeees! Opening the Tomcat up to more content creators and drawing in a few more testers has yielded some great feedback and swelled our internal issue tracker. SMEs continue to weigh in on every aspect of the aircraft which continuously helps us refine our systems and FM modeling.
    • Manuals, training missions, etc. It’s still unclear of how much content we will launch with; but we’re trying to squeeze in as much as possible on day 1.

All of the above is pretty ambiguous, and not really new - but at this stage of product development, focus and effort is a little all over the place. Add some sound for that thing, fix that thing, animate that, implement that - while continuing work on existing functionality and the core pillars of the product. Most importantly, next week we will set our sights on a specific release window internally. Once we are confident and the date is set in stone, we will share and fuel up the hypetrain (because we totally need that, am I right!? )

More than anything, we’re looking forward to stopping your suffering and finally releasing. This will give us a chance to breathe (and live!) a little while we set out on our EA to Release roadmap.

In summary; we’re at the height of our release push now and we’re working literally night and day. Release candidate 1 is just around the corner. We know it’s been a long wait- so thanks for sticking with us.

Hope that sheds some light on where we stand, even if it’s (unfortunately) nothing concrete just yet.

Nick

Patrick

Great read/review on the basics of the Tomcat...enough to give the basics but also advancing a heads-up on the learning curve once it breaks onto the DCS world. It will be a challenge to master but I think very rewarding once the canopy closes on each mission.

Heatblur posted a pic of the RIO Cockpit on Facebook.

Patrick

From HB Facebook
    " Feature Preview! The F-14 is a module of many firsts (JESTER, jetwash & vortices, advanced multicrew,etc.) - and another new feature that we’ve not shown yet is the Trap Sheet! The trap sheet tracks your progress in the groove and gives you quick feedback on your carrier landings! Grade function still WiP"

960×560 67.3 KB

Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rfdelkt0fse21.jpg  

Patrick

Fantastic news indeed. This one will garner much attention from me and I assume many others too.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 4