Heatblur Simulations F-14 A/B - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Heatblur Simulations F-14 A/B

Love the idea, of course he took out the LSOs being that far off centerline, but that's not the point! Still 2 weeks away from being back at my DCS machine, hope a few patches are out by then.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Set your watches

Patrick

Absolutely one of the best videos I've seen for anything Eagle Dynamics. Love the Fleet Defender vibe! Was an immediate purchase based on the various screen shots and videos. I just cannot see it taking too long to release into pre-release beta. So gonna dive into this experience.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Did the pre-purchase as well. Looks to be a keeper!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

W O W ! ! !
    "
    The Grumman F-14 Tomcat was a two-crew, variable geometry, maritime air superiority fighter that served with the US Navy for 32 years and continues to serve with the IRIAF in Iran. The F-14 was the US Navy's frontline fighter from the 1970s until the mid 2000s. Over the course of its long service life it also became the US Navy’s premier precision ground-attack platform and lone airborne reconnaissance asset.Outstanding features of the aircraft are the swing-wing configuration, crew of two, and the powerful AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) and radar. The AWG-9 allows employment of the powerful AIM-54 Phoenix air to air missile while the LANTIRN pod allows the ability to carry out precision ground strikes using laser guided bombs. The F-14 Tomcat was present during many pivotal historic moments such as the two Gulf of Sidra incidents, Operation Desert storm in Iraq, the conflict in Yugoslavia, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was also immortalized in the iconic motion picture, Top Gun, and starred in several other feature films including The Final Countdown, Executive Decision, and others.
    In addition, the Tomcat was also a vital player in the Iran-Iraq war during the 80s, flying for the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force which had acquired the F-14A from the US prior the Islamic Revolution of 1979. The Heatblur Simulations F-14A/B Tomcat aims to simulate this iconic aircraft as a high-fidelity module for DCS, being the culmination of several years of research, coding and modelling.
    Special points of consideration amongst the many features are the external and internal graphic model created using laser scanning and photogrammetry from real Tomcats at various museums, the detailed External Flight Model (EFM) developed over the past several years and verified by real F-14 pilots, the detailed modelling of the AN/AWG-9 and the ability to fly as a two-crew aircraft in multiplayer.
    Key features of the Heatblur Simulations DCS F-14A/B Tomcat include:

• The simulation of both the A* and B model Tomcat, the A model following the B later during the Early Access period.
    • Highly detailed external model, built using laser scanning and photogrammetry taken of real, museum F-14 Tomcats.
    • New models for some of the F-14 Tomcat payloads, such as the AIM-54 Phoenix and the LANTIRN pod.
    • Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit also built using photogrammetry from the F-14 Tomcats preserved at museums.
    • Highly accurate, F-14 pilot verified, External Flight Model (EFM) based on real performance data.
    • Accurate aircraft systems simulation featuring:
      • The Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS).
      • The variable wing geometry, wing-sweep, system.
      • Detailed electrical, hydraulic and fuel system.

• Fully functional multiplayer two seat functionality allowing a pilot to carry another player functioning as the Radar Intercept Officer, RIO.
    • JESTER AI: A new, lifelike AI that fills the role of RIO when flying single-player or multiplayer without a human RIO.
    • A limited functionality Iceman AI piloting the aircraft in single-player when switching to the rear cockpit.
    • Both AIs feature an interactive interface with a comprehensive library of voice acted phrases.
    • Simulation of the AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) featuring:
      • A custom model of the AN/AWG-9 radar featuring Pulse Search, Pulse Doppler Search, Range-While-Scan and Track-While-Scan modes as well as both pulse and pulse doppler Single Target Track (STT) modes.
      • The ability to prepare and launch the AIM-54 Phoenix, both at single targets and at up to six targets simultaneously using the TWS mode.
      • The Television Camera Set (TCS) allowing visual identification of targets in Beyond Visual Range (BVR) situations.
      • The Link-4 datalink allowing reception of tracks from an E-2 AWACS or a surface unit.

• The complete F-14A and B Tomcat payload, including AIM-7, AIM-9 and AIM-54 air to air missiles, various dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon.
    • A functional simulation of the LANTIRN designator pod, allowing the RIO to guide laser guided munitions dropped by the pilot or other aircraft (buddy-lasing).
    • The Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS), allowing the player to fulfil the aerial photographic reconnaissance mission. *
    • Fully functional carrier interoperability featuring systems such as the Instrument Carrier Landing System (ICLS) and the Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS).
    • Comprehensive digital manual, both as a PDF and as a continually updated online manual.
    • A complete set of interactive and voiced tutorials.
    • Comprehensive campaigns for both the F-14A and F-14B Tomcat, one set in the Caucasus theatre and the other for the Persian Gulf theatre.

* The F-14A and the TARPS pod will follow later during the Early Access period and the tutorials and campaigns will be implemented and expanded during this early access as well.

Patrick

Looks really good, Oceana scenery and Miramar scenery ?, the two U.S. bases where F-14's were based, FCLP, training carrier quals.

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Did the pre-purchase as well. Looks to be a keeper!
    +1000 at Mach 2.34 here, waiting and waiting, pre-purchase complete, NATOPS manual pulled from storage. Now I need to decide on a VR set up. I hope "Jester" is ok with my initial 1 or 4 wire landings.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

From Heatblur's Facebook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ta6ipUGh2hef_Ak1MVOusQtgms-KgIcgsUUTqYQ5tkg.jpg  

Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r6gptzjtwqs11.jpg  

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Wow....just wow, Patrick! Lookin' Good!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Looks really good, Oceana scenery and Miramar scenery ?, the two U.S. bases where F-14's were based, FCLP, training carrier quals.
    So Oceana and Miramar are included? NC

NC, no they are not actual scenery for DCS at this time. However, DCS has announced that they are going to be moving to an "ALL WORLD" map system. So the whole earth will be covered in the future. right now the only North American scenery is the Nevada Test and Training Range Map. And it's unbelievable how good it is. Detailed bases are incredible. Way more than I've ever seen in FSX/P3D without it bringing your system to a crawl.. This runs ULTRA smooth and I've almost got in maxed out on my 6 year old system.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    NC, no they are not actual scenery for DCS at this time. However, DCS has announced that they are going to be moving to an "ALL WORLD" map system. So the whole earth will be covered in the future. right now the only North American scenery is the Nevada Test and Training Range Map. And it's unbelievable how good it is. Detailed bases are incredible. Way more than I've ever seen in FSX/P3D without it bringing your system to a crawl.. This runs ULTRA smooth and I've almost got in maxed out on my 6 year old system.

Am surprised they didn't include NAS Fallon. NC

Sadly I think Fallon NAS is a bit too far North to be included in The NTTR Map.And sadly DCS said The NTTR Map won't be extended.I'm Hoping/ Someday they'll do a Miramar /San Diego Map in the same detail as Vegas has been done.This would be fantastic for Hornet/Tomcat Carrier Ops.

Patrick

Can't wait, think I found the inspiration for their vid, of course done by "Snort":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n0EdP64hEE
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Listened to this last night. Heatblur are the benchmark dev for DCS. This module is going to be so incredibly beyond anything we've ever seen in any Sim. They are introducing physical effects for wake turbulence and jet wash. Just amazing!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

**Heatblur Night Testing**

Patrick

Proto type sticks from VKB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45479169_1018122648375353_4721412275242532864_n.jpg  

Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fd924b67481e557d1be47395aa254abbce7fbad1.jpg   56d10186458401fc4ede616c71f728f653876bed.jpg  

Patrick

From FB...............This will make your knees shake............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46089016_1020625124791772_283909720656314368_n.jpg  

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 3