Hey guys,

As of tomorrow morning, I am going to be in the hospital for several days. To prevent my leg from deteriorating further and to get it on the road to healing again, I am going to be hospitalized and immobilized for several days with my leg elevated, while having the compression bandage changed frequently and receiving IV antibiotics.

I still plan on approving uploads and working on CFS2 during that time, but the bandwith will undoubtedly be slower. I'm looking forward to even modest healing; as of now the pain is near-constant, and I'm not sleeping well as a result. The skin ulcers on my left leg are also large and very uncomfortable.

I frequently work on CFS2 as a way of keeping my mind off the pain and to have something else to focus on. While in the hospital, I also have a book on the Battle of Britain and another on Teddy Roosevelt (my hero) which I intend to read. I will use this opportunity to pull all of my doctors and nurses together and get them all on the same page, so that we can devise a plan of action to get things moving forward. Amputation still looks to be the best way forward, but every scenario of treatment has considerable risk.

At 38, I refuse to throw in the towel, sit at home, and collect disability. I told my students today that I may not be able to continue teaching until my physical condition improves, and right now no one seems to know how to make that possible. Seeing their faces upon hearing this news, and knowing my own passion to teach, was very hard for me. When you do something you love and its getting ripped away from you due to forces beyond your control, not only does it feel grossly unfair, it also feels like you're having part of your soul torn out.

I've known for some time this was coming up, it's one of the reasons I pushed hard to get Leader and BoB uploaded before admitting day.

I have all the current files for the Battle of France loaded on my laptop...so I'll work on that tomorrow once I'm in the hospital and settled, while focusing on getting much-needed rest and relief. Rest is paramount right now.