NASCAR Drivers In Top Teams That Should Be Replaced By A....

Thread: NASCAR Drivers In Top Teams That Should Be Replaced By A....

Lightbulb NASCAR Drivers In Top Teams That Should Be Replaced By A....

..."young gun"...

Not doubt this will cause some "debate" - but here goes...

-Clint Bowyer
    -Kasey Kahne
    -Jamie McMurray
    -Danica Patrick
    -Ryan Newman

I'll take your bait...

I agree with your statement although I think Bowyer has the opportunity and tools this year that if he can't make something of it this season, he will remain on your list. I don't think the talent pool out there is deep enough though to fill 2 Stewart-Haas seats, a Hendrick Seat, a Childress Seat and a Ganassi seat. You are going to have a hard time attracting big-league corporate sponsors to up and coming drivers. These kind of seats would be better filled by other known talents moving along from other opportunities. I think that Erik Jones would have been a great candidate for one of those top seats, but Furniture Row put on another car and it really spread the opportunities even thinner.

Come on P, the kids have not developed personalities yet plus they think they are immortal. There should be an age limit of 30 to let them drive.

NASCAR made our local news under the same old heading ......... 'NASCAR Drivers in Pit Lane Punch Up'.

Logano and Busch would have collected a really long vacation under CAMS regulations.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The jury is still out on Bowyer. He was in a slow car last year. Agree with the rest of your list. But...

If You're going to put Danica on this list, then you have to consider Dale Jr. as well. They both have rides because they bring sponsor money, not because they win races. Although Dale Jr. at least has won a race...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

want to comment on the bush vs lagono thing,i didnt see it live,but i watched it online.looked to me that if any one is in the wrong it would have to be bush,he came down on lagono ( yup i cant spell his name) when trying to pass that car,then joey (better) got loose and got him,i cant see anything joey did wrong.....kyle just reverted to his hot head mode...idiot...and i like the guy as a driver...maybe he and the wife need another honeymoon..and why dont we see much of her anymore?? maybe lecherous of me...but shes sweet...

Earnhardt Jr has won 26 races, that is 26 more than Patrick.
    In my opinion he is a good NASCAR driver, not a legendary one, but has certainly had a career that most drivers would be glad to look back on.
    The best late model stock car race I ever saw was him and Maurice Petty's son dueling it out on a half mile track when he was just a teen.

Being easy on the eyes has not just gotten, and kept Patrick rides, but top quality rides that she has done nothing to speak of with.
    I don't mind that so much, you have to use what you have, but lets not pretend she is anything but an also ran.
    I have known several drivers who I think could have made a name for themselves if they got a break, particularly on the caliber teams she has been on.
    But thems the breaks as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    he came down on Logano when trying to pass that car
    The slow car of Logano's teammate, Brad Keselowski, who I'd say Logano was trying to pin Kyle behind.

Joey Logano got loose and got him
    Personally, I think Darrell Waltrip was mostly on the right track with the "You bounce off me, I'll bounce off you", although in my opinion he wasn't right about Logano's reason for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Come on P, the kids have not developed personalities yet plus they think they are immortal.
    I agree. Watching the last lap of the truck race at Daytona, I see the two trucks on the top pushing aggressively and the thought the comes to mind is "Big one in 3...2...1...".
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    I'll take your bait...

I agree with your statement although I think Bowyer has the opportunity and tools this year that if he can't make something of it this season, he will remain on your list. I don't think the talent pool out there is deep enough though to fill 2 Stewart-Haas seats, a Hendrick Seat, a Childress Seat and a Ganassi seat. You are going to have a hard time attracting big-league corporate sponsors to up and coming drivers. These kind of seats would be better filled by other known talents moving along from other opportunities. I think that Erik Jones would have been a great candidate for one of those top seats, but Furniture Row put on another car and it really spread the opportunities even thinner.
    - About Bowyer, agreed...
    - You could be correct about the deepness of the talent pool - more to follow!
    - Agreed about Erik Jones..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    The jury is still out on Bowyer. He was in a slow car last year. Agree with the rest of your list. But...

If You're going to put Danica on this list, then you have to consider Dale Jr. as well. They both have rides because they bring sponsor money, not because they win races. Although Dale Jr. at least has won a race...
    - Agreed about Bowyer...
    - I think I gotta side with joe bob's post about Jr.

want to comment on the bush vs lagono thing,i didnt see it live,but i watched it online.looked to me that if any one is in the wrong it would have to be bush,he came down on lagono ( yup i cant spell his name) when trying to pass that car,then joey (better) got loose and got him,i cant see anything joey did wrong.....kyle just reverted to his hot head mode...idiot...and i like the guy as a driver...maybe he and the wife need another honeymoon..and why dont we see much of her anymore?? maybe lecherous of me...but shes sweet...
    After seeing the replay, IMHO, it was a racing incident to which KB should NOT have got bent out of shape over....

It was indeed a racing Accident. A couple of years ago, that could have been Carl Edwards and Tony Stewart. Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth. 30 years ago... Elliott and Earnhardt in the Winston. (Although they didn't fight) or all the way back to Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison. Gentleman...Boys will be Boys and there will always be fights in racing. You mix Speed, Adrenalin and Ego's the size of a Superspeedway and something's gotta give. You are on a big stage. A Modern day Gladiator. Fame, Fortune and Notoriety is a big deal. It is how those guys make a living! You want to see these drivers hang it all out on the last lap, in turn 4 and risk it all to win the big one. RACING!!! That's what creates Legends, Sells T-Shirts and puts rear-ends in the stands. Anything else is just isn't much to watch. My one reservation in all of that is.... I'd rather see these guys put fist to face, than selfishly retaliate by sending a car up in the catch fence... injuring fans and changing lives of the bystanders forever. I think NASCAR is far better off with fist fights than on-track retaliations. NASCAR should fine the competitors for violating their code of conduct, but only take points away from RACING altercations and or retaliations.

Maybe NASCAR could look at WWE for new recruits.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

NASCAR: No penalties for Busch or Logano
    http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...las-vegas.html

Hey All,

Bowyer gone
    Kahne stays
    Mcmurray ? Stop being dumb recckless maybe stay
    Patrick stay
    Newman ?

Joey did nothing wrong wanting to pin Kyle behind Brad. Gave room as Kyle hit him and going hard into the corner taught Kyle a needed lesson. Don't assume Kyle better or more talented than Joey. But we do now know Kyle punches like a girl.

On to next week.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Don't assume Kyle is better or more talented than Joey.
    You can have your opinion on this one, and I'll have mine. Let's leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Bowyer gone
    Kahne stays
    Mcmurray ? Stop being dumb reckless maybe stay
    Patrick stay
    Newman ?
    After last year I would have disagreed with you on Kasey Kahne, but so far this year his performance has improved. Now we'll see if it stays that way. My only question as far as Patrick, why can she not seem to get anywhere? I would have expected, given the caliber equipment she has been provided, that she would have gotten better results.
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

SOH-CM-2024
    I know a young driver that needs replacement. That punk Logano. If he did not have Tommy Logano's $$$ backing him, he'd already be gone. I've loathe the SOB since he took one of our local Danville drivers (Peyton Sellers) out of a win in a NASCAR XFITY West series in 2009. He thinks it's fine for him to deliberately move someone, but woe be that it is the other way around. I hope someone helps him buy the wall at Phoenix.

Move both Waltrips out of the booth and put Danica there, she does an excellent call from the booth.

Caz

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by P51FAN View Post
    My only question as far as Patrick, why can she not seem to get anywhere? I would have expected, given the caliber equipment she has been provided, that she would have gotten better results.
    Great question!
    She has access to team information from Stewart, Kurt Busch, & Kevin Harvick - all 3 are Cup Champions....

McMurray (and Montoya) did NOT have that kind of access to winning information...

Does this mean we get to keep Newman now?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hey All,

He keeps winning for Richard then the answer is yes. Actually I'm happy for Ryan but especially for Richard my very favorite owner ever since they would unload the black number 3 - Dale would run a couple laps say the car is good then Richard and Dale go fishin till sunday. They hunted together as well - gotta luv that.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

I thought about this thread/conversation as soon as Newman came out of turn 4 to take the Checkered Flag!! Talk about Irony.....

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Does this mean we get to keep Newman now?
    Since he doesn't like Logano, yea I suppose....

Members who have read this thread: 0