Modifications for the Flysimware Learjet 35A

Thread: Modifications for the Flysimware Learjet 35A

Hybrid View

Modifications for the Flysimware Learjet 35A

These have been out a for a while, but on the off chance that some of you guys fly this one...

Features:

• Load/save functionality for the cockpit state
    • Slow spooling engines
    • Optimized system gauge
    • Partially realistic simulation of the electrical system
    • Realistic autopilot vertical modes
    • Key control gauge for some custom functions of the Learjet (no FSUIPC required!)
    • VSWXR implementation
    • Callsigns for manufacturer and model (requires Editvoicepack)
    • Resized and recompressed shared textures to lower VAS usage

Download (always links to the latest version):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...gyVUJpaTQ/view

I have this but have not got around to using it too much so far. I must check these out . These your mods Björn?

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Yep.

Keep in mind that the aircraft is a bit of a VAS hog due to large textures and all the animated switches.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Yep.

Keep in mind that the aircraft is a bit of a VAS hog due to large textures and all the animated switches.

Thanks for the update Bjoern.

Unfortunately I can't use this Lear for more than a couple of minutes at a time until I get the dreaded "Out of memory" notice.

Any idea if this can be fixed please?

Thanks.

Pete.

DIY fix for the steering lock in the current mod release:
    http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/50...omment-3592547

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Thanks for the update Bjoern.

Unfortunately I can't use this Lear for more than a couple of minutes at a time until I get the dreaded "Out of memory" notice.

Any idea if this can be fixed please?
    Yep, the aircraft is a memory hog par excellence and just about the only thing to improve matters is installing the reduced VC textures. If that still doesn't help, the texture size has to be further reduced b running the textures through TextureManager (from stuff4fs.com) and cutting their resolution by half. Generally, avoid detailed, high resolution sceneries and textures when flying this aircraft.

And to be honest, I could never complete a flight so far. There's something very wrong under its hood, but only the developer can fix it.

Bjoern, I just want to thank you for all the work you have put into this. Some time ago, I built myself a high end computer system so I did not experience the VAS problem with this aircraft during the short time I flew it.

I flew the Lear 35A for about 6 years in the USAF (C-21) and have been quite impressed with the Flightsim model with one notable exception--the erratic behavior of the autopilot vertical modes.

When I ran across this post the other day I downloaded your package, installed it, and have been flying the airplane ever since. Your fix has been just what the doctor ordered to rejuvenate this bird and make it one of the very best in my hangar!

Members who have read this thread: 5